Britain isn't that bad

Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain isn't that bad

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
im not saying your all misserable just some but just because some people cant be happy where they have moved to doesnt mean others cant ive been labeled ignorent , stupid , nieve for watching the tv not every body belives what they see on tv some people just want to give it a good shot at making there life better than what it is. most of the people moaning are the people that have tried and faild to be happy maybe they should read about the people that have moved abroad and be estatic about where they have moved to i cant say i know for sure im going to be happy in australia but im gona give it everything. i just think people who have faild to be happy arnt the people who should be taking the mick out othe people with dreams sometimes dreams do come true and after all they had a dream once!!!!!!!!
You do know that this is The Moving Back to UK site and most of us are or thinking about going home.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic
You do know that this is The Moving Back to UK site and most of us are or thinking about going home.
whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone here...didnt realise i needed a miserable pass, dont worry i wont be back sorry, if i have offended anybody, but i thought forums were there for people to voice their opinions yes, before you come back with a sarcy comment....without the actual voice thats it for me now, ill leave you all to moan amongst yourselves
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone here...didnt realise i needed a miserable pass, dont worry i wont be back sorry, if i have offended anybody, but i thought forums were there for people to voice their opinions yes, before you come back with a sarcy comment....without the actual voice thats it for me now, ill leave you all to moan amongst yourselves
I was not being sarcy hence the smiley.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
I was not being sarcy hence the smiley.

hey Vic, think he's takin' the piss...
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sean, nice to see someone else from Plymouth on this forum (that makes 3 of us now that I know of).

Anyway, with regard to grammar, punctuation and spelling - I have to admit I am one of those stickler types, and it grates to read a post where the writer just can't be bothered. If the writer can't be bothered, why should the reader bother to read? I don't mean every word has to be perfectly correct - we all make typos now and then. But at least make the effort - especially in a medium where the only form of communication is written.

There - got that off my chest. It wasn't meant as a comment directed only at you Sean, just yours is the latest example I've seen of this type of post.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in your efforts to move to Oz. Any idea where you would like to settle, and when you're thinking of making the jump?

I've been in the US for 10.5 years now. My wife is also from Plymouth. We come back every year to visit the old place - and we still own a house there.

funny that, i just said to my wife, i bet these are the kind of people that will remark on my spellings.maybe if u stopped worrying about other peoples spellings, and silly things like that, maybe you wouldnt have been so miserable and made a go of it yourself!! i havent been criticising people that havent criticised me people like me who have a dream of moving to a country that suits their needs better! practice what you preach, didnt u jus criticise me for my spellings?? im on a forum im not writing my english a level thesis here shakespeare if you look back at some of these posts you'll see that i have only responded to people that have been criticising people like me! I also, as YOU have just said, have got my own opinion so go look at your lil pocket book oxford dictionary and try looking up the definition of "CONTRADICTION"
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, guess I should read to the end of a thread before making a reply. Seems like Sean didn't make too many friends on this forum, eh?

Originally Posted by kevntrace
Hey Sean, nice to see someone else from Plymouth on this forum (that makes 3 of us now that I know of).

Anyway, with regard to grammar, punctuation and spelling - I have to admit I am one of those stickler types, and it grates to read a post where the writer just can't be bothered. If the writer can't be bothered, why should the reader bother to read? I don't mean every word has to be perfectly correct - we all make typos now and then. But at least make the effort - especially in a medium where the only form of communication is written.

There - got that off my chest. It wasn't meant as a comment directed only at you Sean, just yours is the latest example I've seen of this type of post.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in your efforts to move to Oz. Any idea where you would like to settle, and when you're thinking of making the jump?

I've been in the US for 10.5 years now. My wife is also from Plymouth. We come back every year to visit the old place - and we still own a house there.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:48 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

im not saying your all misserable just some but just because some people cant be happy where they have moved to doesnt mean others cant ive been labeled ignorent , stupid , nieve for watching the tv not every body belives what they see on tv some people just want to give it a good shot at making there life better than what it is. most of the people moaning are the people that have tried and faild to be happy maybe they should read about the people that have moved abroad and be estatic about where they have moved to i cant say i know for sure im going to be happy in australia but im gona give it everything. i just think people who have faild to be happy arnt the people who should be taking the mick out othe people with dreams sometimes dreams do come true and after all they had a dream once!!!!!!!!
Once you can speak from experience, then people might value what you have to say (if you can make yourself understood). You are making a lot of assumptions, and reacting to your fears of alternative views of immigration. Unless you have spent some time living here you have *no* idea whatsoever about immigration. We have 'lived the dream'. You are 'still dreaming'. Most people people on here will say that their immigration experience has been a very positive life event. But they will also say that their country of choice, when all said and done, was just another country that worked about about the same - not significantly better or worse.

Last edited by ShozInOz; Jan 12th 2006 at 10:54 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:27 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

yehbutnobutyehbutnobutyehbutnobutyehbutno

what-everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:57 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

funny that, i just said to my wife, i bet these are the kind of people that will remark on my spellings.maybe if u stopped worrying about other peoples spellings, and silly things like that, maybe you wouldnt have been so miserable and made a go of it yourself!! i havent been criticising people that havent criticised me people like me who have a dream of moving to a country that suits their needs better! practice what you preach, didnt u jus criticise me for my spellings?? im on a forum im not writing my english a level thesis here shakespeare if you look back at some of these posts you'll see that i have only responded to people that have been criticising people like me! I also, as YOU have just said, have got my own opinion so go look at your lil pocket book oxford dictionary and try looking up the definition of "CONTRADICTION"
Actually, I think you'll find I was giving a suggestion to use the spell check. Criticising your spelling would be more like this.... "that's crappest load of spelling I've ever seen." Do you see the difference?

No one here (in moving back to the UK) has criticised you personally at all, but you came in here like a bull in a china shop and started saying we're all miserable poos.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:11 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

ROTFLMAO!!!!

I've just recovered choking on a cheese sandwich, thanks to you!! Now the entire office thinks I'm even more of a lunatic for screeching with laughter at apparently nothing.

Originally Posted by dunroving
yehbutnobutyehbutnobutyehbutnobutyehbutno

what-everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:08 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Ignorance.

TV fairy stories.

Glass half-empty mentality.

Newspapers.

I could go on.
you forgot the weather dear ...after about 2 months of drizzle you do tend to think a little negatively

actually I never left because I had a burning desire to...yeah I wanted to travel ...I did ...fell in love ...moved to my spouses country....I guess things are very different for people who sit in a grey terrace house ..watching Eastenders ..looking outside at the rain and then say..."lets move to ... ..."

more often than not it's OZ....what's the appeal?

honestly I'd love to live in Europe.......with wads of cash
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:10 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
ROTFLMAO!!!!

I've just recovered choking on a cheese sandwich, thanks to you!! Now the entire office thinks I'm even more of a lunatic for screeching with laughter at apparently nothing.

Glad to be of service.

And happy that you are perpetuating the image of us Brits as being just a little weird.

Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

ROTFLMAO!!!!

No laughing in here please young lady...this thread for whinging, moaning, miserable poos only
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
No laughing in here please young lady...this thread for whinging, moaning, miserable poos only
LOL!

Ooops, sorry
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

ROTFLMAO!!!!

If it was a Chip Butty that would be more like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.