Britain isn't that bad

Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain isn't that bad

Originally Posted by iaink
Not in isolation, but its a symptom. The only reasons I can see to pretend you are something / somewhere you arent is either if you have already been banned here as someone you are, or you are out to make trouble?
its complicated here, and i thought i was fairly clued up after finding MOH on the internet
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
its complicated here, and i thought i was fairly clued up after finding MOH on the internet

OMG all that hassle being a troll...now that is sad
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
OMG all that hassle being a troll...now that is sad
not me i'm not the troll :scared:
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
The problem is, when Florida is mentioned people will imagine the beaches and the tourist areas that most people will see on TV or when they visit in person. What they don't see is where most people who live here spend the majority of their time. I went into Downtown Jacksonville today, the areas I passed through were not glamorous at all, in fact for the most part it looked pretty grim.
Funnily enough this am on good morning America a financial lady was talking about the best 5 places to buy property as an investment and on her list was Jacksonville. Spooky!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:27 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's awful. There's no way I could do that. Career or not, my missus will always, always come first.
Happy wife, happy life.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

L8.Scouser will become famous soon enoughL8.Scouser will become famous soon enough
Default Why we move

I think genetically we are hunter gatheres and as thus get bored with one place and are always seeking new pastures. It's a survival trait. I'm sure when the first modern humans started practasing agricuture etc they were as happy as could be but slowly as the years turned they longed for their nomadic lifestyles of yester year.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:26 am
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mand8002
I think it depends on your experiences in the UK sometimes. As parents of a special needs child you get very angry at the way you have to fight for the correct education/support for your child when in our local area any child from a non english speaking background gets all the support they need. My child is deaf (with additional learning needs) and we go to the hospital and there is no interpreter there, but there is for the non english speaking. When you have paid taxes for years it feels like you are left out in the cold and all your money is being spent looking after others. This may seem a very blinkered view, but unless you have had to experience this then you wouldn't understand.
Get a grip! Do you think any other country caters more for the deaf. Stop blaming the UK, and this nonsense how migrants are being given everything.
If a native Brit can't make it in the UK...thats because he/she is of limited capability.
I am sure that the hospital decides on who gets interpreters based on numbers-you try treating someone who can't speak English. The hospital would assume that a deaf child would be with his/her parents-and a deaf adult could communicate in writing.
The UK is a country not a charity! Its fair to give newcomers a bit of extra help-but if chavs that have been here for thousands of years can't make it-my suggestion-stop having kids.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:19 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Breezey
Get a grip! Do you think any other country caters more for the deaf. Stop blaming the UK, and this nonsense how migrants are being given everything.
If a native Brit can't make it in the UK...thats because he/she is of limited capability.
I am sure that the hospital decides on who gets interpreters based on numbers-you try treating someone who can't speak English. The hospital would assume that a deaf child would be with his/her parents-and a deaf adult could communicate in writing.
The UK is a country not a charity! Its fair to give newcomers a bit of extra help-but if chavs that have been here for thousands of years can't make it-my suggestion-stop having kids.
With respect, I think you need to get a grip and try to put your point across with a little more tact! You are entitled to your opinion but it is not what you say it is how it is said

Also, I hope that the comment of "chavs" was not aimed at Mand8002, I assume you have not met her in real life and unable to make that judgement.

Mand8002 was sharing her "personal" experiences/frustrations in the UK, from what I have read she has not assumed that anywhere else is any better or worse.

Chill
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Lived in Vancouver BC, now back in England, and loving being back.
PhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's awful. There's no way I could do that. Career or not, my missus will always, always come first.

That is so nice to know, how lucky your wife must be. Thanks for the reply

PhillyD
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Breezey
you are assuming a lot here!
deaf and hard of hearing people and catered for at all well here, its certainly not understood, and other countries do cater better.
you assume that the hospital staff would bother writing things down, this also presumes that for a person who uses BSL that the grammar if this language is the same as English and so the Deaf person would understand the written word easily.
As for education when i go to any courses or study days i miss most of it because there is no induction loop to help me hear, i had no help at all with my hearing until i was forty.
soudns like you thingk daef people are chavs who cant make it
do you want to make your post clearer??
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Crispyuk88
It’s all because of the 'Grass is all always greener on the side' mentality. All of its influenced by TV, Magazines, not appreciating what you have fully & want-want-want attitude.
I've lived in the states coming on 3 years now... I still can't get over how some people still think it’s a 'better' place.

I've had mates and family over from the U.K for visits, they go back home thinking that it was great, and sure, they would move here in a heartbeat if they had that choice!
Thing is, they never experience LIFE here; they see the positive, fun bits of the country. They relate what a good time they had on holiday to how it would br if they moved here, and continued the 'holiday'.

When you move here, it finally sinks in that you're now not around you're family, but in-fact half way around the world. You get to see them maybe once every 2 years. Same applies with friends, usually worse so though. Some of your good friends you lose contact with, you only keep in touch with your really good friends.
Amongst that... You start to realize the foods crap (I did anyway + most of the family did to) so that’s another thing to add to 'crap list'. When your on holiday, you can blow it off if you don’t like it, stick with it for a couple weeks. Not when you live here. Then maybe you went a bit overboard with the money situation, yeah you have bigger and more material goods, but it’s not making everyone as happy as you imagined (Self included). Problems with Immigration seem to bugger up a lot of things. Doesn't feel like home at all, and your treated like a foreigner by the system; can't work, can't sign up for things with a lack of SS Number. Still after 2 years of living here people are still asking you the 'where are you from questions' that I'm frankly sick to death of! (Slightly anti-sociable now! )

I reckon that people think England’s bad because they live there (Slight Irony).
Take America; someone typically foreign and clueless thinks of the U.S, and the first thing(s) that pop into there head is:
California, New York, Florida – ‘Cause there’s only 5 states in the U.S
Celebrities, Fame, Glamour
Gigantic House with pools and all that other crap
Big Cars (Lots of them)
Having lots of money
Beaches etc etc...
Then you get the average American’s thoughts of England. They are thinking London, Big old fashioned mansion, expensive European cars etc etc...

How many people live those lives? On a relative scale, a definite few do, but the majority… not so much. I don’t think one can really interpret what life would be like if they were living somewhere other than where they were now. People always seem so optimistic about how there future will be if they had it there way. Optimistic is good, being realistic is BETTER and will help you more. The dream is always there, for the most of them it will only ever be a dream, a distant dream of how the other half live.

Only until that dream becomes a reality will they realize that although their house is bigger, their car nicer; a gust of wind might blow the house down. And the Ford they bought is always in the shop…
Only then do they want they’re tiny brick house back, and that Vauxhall Vectra they owned for 5 years that never broke down once!

Apologies for the Essay

Chris
isnt it funny how the people who moan about people emigrating are the people who have made the move themselves ever thought you all might all be misserable poos and you will probobly be misserable wherever you go ive heard about cars houses and loads of other crap not everybodys nieve enough to think there moving to heven im cirtanly not im migrating for warm weather (and the humidity) lovely beaches rain forest (with the rain and bugs) good nightlife a generaly outdoor life style im cirtanly not moving for no crime perfect people and perfect life . lifes what you make it where ever you are maybe just maybe some people want what other countrys have to offer and are willing to work hard to make there lives happy and not just sit back moan and wait for life to get better.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean trethewey

isnt it funny how the people who moan about people emigrating are the people who have made the move themselves ever thought you all might all be misserable poos and you will probobly be misserable wherever you go ive heard about cars houses and loads of other crap not everybodys nieve enough to think there moving to heven im cirtanly not im migrating for warm weather (and the humidity) lovely beaches rain forest (with the rain and bugs) good nightlife a generaly outdoor life style im cirtanly not moving for no crime perfect people and perfect life . lifes what you make it where ever you are maybe just maybe some people want what other countrys have to offer and are willing to work hard to make there lives happy and not just sit back moan and wait for life to get better.
Well good for you being so positive, but and I mean but until you have actually done it, please dont judge.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:49 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean trethewey

Looking back at your previous posts, it seems like the surf and beaches are a big priority of yours.
You really are not in the position to criticise anyone who has emigrated and not settled well, as you have not experienced it yourself. Even if you do make a success of your new life, you still don't have the right to criticise others opinions, as we are all different, and what may float your boat may not float someone elses.

PS You might want to try using the Spell Check before submitting anything next time.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic
Well good for you being so positive, but and I mean but until you have actually done it, please dont judge.
im not saying your all misserable just some but just because some people cant be happy where they have moved to doesnt mean others cant ive been labeled ignorent , stupid , nieve for watching the tv not every body belives what they see on tv some people just want to give it a good shot at making there life better than what it is. most of the people moaning are the people that have tried and faild to be happy maybe they should read about the people that have moved abroad and be estatic about where they have moved to i cant say i know for sure im going to be happy in australia but im gona give it everything. i just think people who have faild to be happy arnt the people who should be taking the mick out othe people with dreams sometimes dreams do come true and after all they had a dream once!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Looking back at your previous posts, it seems like the surf and beaches are a big priority of yours.
You really are not in the position to criticise anyone who has emigrated and not settled well, as you have not experienced it yourself. Even if you do make a success of your new life, you still don't have the right to criticise others opinions, as we are all different, and what may float your boat may not float someone elses.

PS You might want to try using the Spell Check before submitting anything next time.
funny that, i just said to my wife, i bet these are the kind of people that will remark on my spellings.maybe if u stopped worrying about other peoples spellings, and silly things like that, maybe you wouldnt have been so miserable and made a go of it yourself!! i havent been criticising people that havent criticised me people like me who have a dream of moving to a country that suits their needs better! practice what you preach, didnt u jus criticise me for my spellings?? im on a forum im not writing my english a level thesis here shakespeare if you look back at some of these posts you'll see that i have only responded to people that have been criticising people like me! I also, as YOU have just said, have got my own opinion so go look at your lil pocket book oxford dictionary and try looking up the definition of "CONTRADICTION"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.