Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Booked our flights back to ole Blighty.

Booked our flights back to ole Blighty.

Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booked our flights back to ole Blighty.

Well it is done...

Got on to the bank and had the hold released on the cheques, paid for the shipping and booked the flights back to UK.

So Mr and Mrs honeymommey and the 4 little honeys are gonna be on a plane on the 4th July!!!!!!!!!!

What a bloody day to leave huh? ROFL.....

Now I didn't let y'all know the booking agent, as I didn't want to post the link until we got our flights.. I know I know a little mean but hey I am a frugal save my ass type of person... LOL

So here's the link for cheap flights...

http://www.autoeurope.com/

For the 6 of us to go back one way from LAX to London Heathrow has cost just $2100 with american airlines. thats 3 adult and 3 child.

I was going to book through 1800flyeurope.com but the server was down today.. I think it's the same company anyway.....

The shipping container arrives next weekend and then picked up Monday, so that weekend is going to be nuts....
Still think I should wear stilettoes and a mini skirt then stand by the container and tick off the boxes in the inverntory list as the guys pack everything though..... Thing is I am so knackered now I would rather be in the back yard catching some rays before the move LOL....

POOF........ REALITY...

Old clothes, looking like bag lady humping boxes into container, while trying to keep kids occupied ......

Hey Ho.... have mixed feelings .... Unsettled if you know what I mean... BUT.... Positive for the future.......

I want me Cod and chips and Mr H wants a saveloy.....
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for the future HM.
I have followed your posts and wish you well

G
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:37 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booked our flights back to ole Blighty.

Originally posted by honeymommy

So Mr and Mrs honeymommey and the 4 little honeys are gonna be on a plane on the 4th July!!!!!!!!!!

For the 6 of us to go back one way from LAX to London Heathrow has cost just $2100 with american airlines. thats 3 adult and 3 child.

4th July? That's my wedding anniversary! That is an excellent price for those flights...I guess that as it is a major holiday when few people wish to fly in the US (similarly to Thanksgiving and Christmas) you were able to find available seats at a low price. Brilliant price for such a long flight - well done. PS. I thought AutoEurope was a car rental company! Perhaps there still is a car rental company in the UK with the same name.

Au Revoir and Bon Voyage!
I'll be in the UK or somewhere else in Europe in late June-early July....and I'll be thinking of you. Hope the move goes smoothly and all the best for the future....just think of those lovely long Summer evenings at this time of year, which will be nice.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:15 am
Linda Max

Just to wish you and yours all the very best. I have the real estate guy coming in about an hour to give the house the once over and a price for marketing, it looks like all systems go here too. We have moved about 20 times so I know what's ahead for you, loads of more hard work, but then the reward, relaxation and takeaways, good luck

Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:05 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

I was going to book through 1800flyeurope.com but the server was down today.. I think it's the same company anyway.....

its the same company. used them for my last trip to the UK.

All the best to you and your family.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Englishmum
4th July? That's my wedding anniversary! That is an excellent price for those flights...I guess that as it is a major holiday when few people wish to fly in the US (similarly to Thanksgiving and Christmas) you were able to find available seats at a low price. Brilliant price for such a long flight - well done. PS. I thought AutoEurope was a car rental company! Perhaps there still is a car rental company in the UK with the same name.

Au Revoir and Bon Voyage!
I'll be in the UK or somewhere else in Europe in late June-early July....and I'll be thinking of you. Hope the move goes smoothly and all the best for the future....just think of those lovely long Summer evenings at this time of year, which will be nice.
I wish you a wonderfull anniversary!!!!!!!!!! Can't say I will be thinking of you in all the chaos, so please take my best wishes now.... LOL.

Auto eurpope do cars, cell phones, flights,and hotels. The price I got is actually the same price for other dates too... I actually got it cheaper than it said online as I let the guy find the flight over the phone just telling him the date and time.... He laughed when I told him I wouldn't say how much I was looking at for the same flight....

They do flights from UK to other countries also.... well worth a look..... being the internet seach queen lately I must say this is the best deal I found out of about 50+ companies.

So total cost to get us and our shipping back to the UK is.............drum..... roll...........

$4235....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohoooo....

Much better than the origional $5500 flights and $9000 shipping...
Saving..... $10,265

OK... time to stop boasting...... LOL

Have a wonderful time in Europe. I hope you will be having such a great time you don't give me a thought.....
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Linda Max
Just to wish you and yours all the very best. I have the real estate guy coming in about an hour to give the house the once over and a price for marketing, it looks like all systems go here too. We have moved about 20 times so I know what's ahead for you, loads of more hard work, but then the reward, relaxation and takeaways, good luck

Hope everything went well with the agent...
Yes I know it is going to be a busy time, but I have allready packed most of the house up ready for shipping. The kids have 1 box each of toys left open to play with and I am going to go through their clothes tomorrow to pack some and leave out the basics they need..... Cuts down on laundry pile ya know.... LOL

I am sending as much as possible in the container so we will have 16 days in USA camping on floor of house with a suitcase of clothes each....... LOL Microwave dinners here we come....
Well a few deliveries and eating out which will be fun for us all.

So by the time we have moved and settled in it will be your turn.....
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Tapalinga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Luck

Have a good journey back to uk, smooth sailing. All i can say is stay positive and don't look back!!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:49 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Linda Max
Hi Linda

Are you on the move back to UK??How are your daughters doing?

All the best

P
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:53 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is done...

Got on to the bank and had the hold released on the cheques, paid for the shipping and booked the flights back to UK.

Now I didn't let y'all know the booking agent, as I didn't want to post the link until we got our flights.. I know I know a little mean but hey I am a frugal save my ass type of person... LOL

The shipping container arrives next weekend and then picked up Monday, so that weekend is going to be nuts....
Still think I should wear stilettoes and a mini skirt then stand by the container and tick off the boxes in the inverntory list as the guys pack everything though..... Thing is I am so knackered now I would rather be in the back yard catching some rays before the move LOL....

POOF........ REALITY...

Old clothes, looking like bag lady humping boxes into container, while trying to keep kids occupied ......

Hey Ho.... have mixed feelings .... Unsettled if you know what I mean... BUT.... Positive for the future.......

Hi HM

Wishing you good luck with the move back to UK....mmh good old pommie fish n chips...dribble dribble....

You have lots to look forward to..keep smiling and keep us posted you mad woman..!!!lol....you always make me laugh...

wishing you heaps of happiness and plenty of ploughmans lunches..ooohhh errr missus.!!

P
Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:01 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and good luck back in the UK. If it wasn't for my husband I'd still be there now. I miss it a lot. Glad to see you are getting things organised. Also good luck on the conversion course, you'll have no trouble at all.

Best wishes

Maggie
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Honneymommy,

Even though you are going through a difficult time you are so sweet to give us your hot airfare tips. I have been searching for good flights all week to go back to the UK for a couple of weeks. Your link saved me $500 and I have just booked my flight. Thank you so much.

I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure things will work out for you.

Sue

Well it is done...

POOF........ REALITY...

Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Sue
Hi Honneymommy,

Even though you are going through a difficult time you are so sweet to give us your hot airfare tips. I have been searching for good flights all week to go back to the UK for a couple of weeks. Your link saved me $500 and I have just booked my flight. Thank you so much.

I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure things will work out for you.

Sue

Wonderful. Glad it helped. So when do I get the 25% commision cheque?

Just a little tip. Search for it online and get the great price first, then call them. Tell them the date and time you wish to fly and let them quote you a price over the phone. I did that and got it even cheaper.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:26 am
sethyed

HM - thanks for this flight tip. I just checked and cheaper than anything else so far. Good luck! I sent you a PM as I too am a 9 year expat who cannot WAIT to get home this summer. Who did you use for moving?

Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:43 am
Linda Max

Originally posted by Pants
Hi Linda

Are you on the move back to UK??How are your daughters doing?

All the best

P
Hi Pants, thanks for asking, the third daughter flies home next week, things are moving forward, wont be long before it's my turn. Girls are doing great, loving it, but wondering if that;s because mum and dad are on the opposite side of the world!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.