In a bit of a mess

Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Cabadoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In a bit of a mess

Hi, I came across your website tonight looking for info on my problem. I am clutching at straws hoping to find out something.

Basically, I am married to an Australian who i left in Brisbane whilst i returned to UK to take up a job offer. He applied for his spouse visa 2 weeks ago and is awaiting a decision. In the meantime, the company I started working for has gone into liquidation! This means I no longer have a job.
Because we do not have enough funds to provide immigration that he can survive 12mths without financial help from UK government, my job was a big part of the equation in getting it approved. I had sent off my contract and copies of payslips etc.
My question is, do the visa people in Canberra phone up employers to confirm employment or do they take paperwork supplied as sufficient? I am asking because I obviously havent got another job yet and i do not want the application to be withdrawn.
Everything else on the application is in order and acceptable. My husband has had employers interested in him paying in the region of 40,000GBP a year, but he cannot apply until his visa is approved.

Any info or advice welcome
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:25 am
Account Closed

used_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really nice
Default Re: In a bit of a mess

1. Don't lie to immigration.

2. Try and get another job.

3. Use savings to bolster your case.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cabadoo
Hi, I came across your website tonight looking for info on my problem. I am clutching at straws hoping to find out something.

Basically, I am married to an Australian who i left in Brisbane whilst i returned to UK to take up a job offer. He applied for his spouse visa 2 weeks ago and is awaiting a decision. In the meantime, the company I started working for has gone into liquidation! This means I no longer have a job.
Because we do not have enough funds to provide immigration that he can survive 12mths without financial help from UK government, my job was a big part of the equation in getting it approved. I had sent off my contract and copies of payslips etc.
My question is, do the visa people in Canberra phone up employers to confirm employment or do they take paperwork supplied as sufficient? I am asking because I obviously havent got another job yet and i do not want the application to be withdrawn.
Everything else on the application is in order and acceptable. My husband has had employers interested in him paying in the region of 40,000GBP a year, but he cannot apply until his visa is approved.

Any info or advice welcome
Do you have family that can help with financial support?
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by used_car_salesman
1. Don't lie to immigration.

2. Try and get another job.

3. Use savings to bolster your case.
After paying costly expenses to move and also the deposit i had to pay to secure a flat there wont be much savings left. Certainly not enough to last 12mths, 3 maybe.
I did not lie to immigration when application was submitted i had a job until Friday. My issue is that the decision is imminent, i will probably have another job within a couple of weeks, my husband is in demand for his occupation in UK so if i withdraw the application it scews our whole life up for the sake of a bit of paperwork. Yes, technically I should inform them, but it is a huge moral dilemma for us.

I do not have close family as i am an only child and parents both dead, so no family to help with funds, and my husbands family are elderly and I would not ask even if i thought they had it.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

used_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really nice

Well, if you are going to get a job in a few weeks then why are you dramatising the issue so much? Just let immigration know where they are. The'll contact the IND who'll make the background checks so they'll need to be kept in the picture.

They might not of course but there is your moral issue!!

innit?
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by used_car_salesman
Well, if you are going to get a job in a few weeks then why are you dramatising the issue so much? Just let immigration know where they are. The'll contact the IND who'll make the background checks so they'll need to be kept in the picture.

They might not of course but there is your moral issue!!

innit?

Excuse me? I am not dramatising anything. I posed a question asking for a straight answer on my situation. You and pollyanna then replied asking me questions and i answered them.
Gee, thanks for all you help and understanding NOT!!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me? I am not dramatising anything. I posed a question asking for a straight answer on my situation. You and pollyanna then replied asking me questions and i answered them.
I think maybe you took his first statement the wrong way. I don't think he was calling you a liar...just giving you very good advice to tell the truth to immigration.

Why don't you wait and see if immigration come back to you or if you are called for interview...remember they only ask you questions about things they already know the answers to. If you try to deceive them you will find yourself in very hot water.

I'm sorry you've lost your job and hope you get another one soon.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think maybe you took his first statement the wrong way. I don't think he was calling you a liar...just giving you very good advice to tell the truth to immigration.

Why don't you wait and see if immigration come back to you or if you are called for interview...remember they only ask you questions about things they already know the answers to. If you try to deceive them you will find yourself in very hot water.

I'm sorry you've lost your job and hope you get another one soon.
It may not be material from a visa point of view anyway.
She should ask the question at http://www.immigrationboards.com
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well with a name like Car Sales Man what did you expect. (I have not met an honest car sales man yet!!)....I would find another Job asap and if and when the Immigration Dept wants to know anymore details then tell them, as my Dad says "too much info"....you will find another job....it's Christmas time and plenty of people want extra help...does not matter for now what you do just as long as the pay will be fine in regards to the immigration.

Good luck & Best wishes with everything
Jackie