Reload this Page >

From Bi Weekly to Monthly Pay

From Bi Weekly to Monthly Pay

Old Sep 5th 2016, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

ontario70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From Bi Weekly to Monthly Pay

Hi There

We are thinking about moving back to the UK from Toronto, after 6 years in Canada, we are wondering if anyone had problems transitioning from bi weekly pay to Monthly? Also Was it difficult to buy a house and car and getting your driving licence returned to you after being out of the country for so long.

I guess finding a job may be difficult too hey?

Old Sep 5th 2016, 5:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Bi Weekly to Monthly Pay

Driving licence is easy. Just send in the form with your new address, including the required proof of identity and new address and photo, and they send you the new photo card. I got mine last year after being away for 25 years.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 6:11 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

When we were in Canada, my husband's salary was switched from monthly to bi-weekly payment.

Either way, if the switch leaves you short of cash, then it will be a problem, but won't you have a gap without pay anyway, between leaving Canada and starting in the UK?

On the house and car, I'd have a look at some of the other threads. There has been a lot of discussion about opening bank accounts, getting credit, getting a mortgage etc.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Driving licence is easy. Just send in the form with your new address, including the required proof of identity and new address and photo, and they send you the new photo card. I got mine last year after being away for 25 years.
+1

We got ours this year after being away 29 years.

We bought a 2nd hand car with cash (no car loan) and are currently renting a place with a view to buying next year once we are sure we know exactly the areas where we want to live.