Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Old Jul 4th 2019, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best relocation areas in the UK?

Note that buying a house is done differently in Scotland. There is no UK system. Legal system and buying procedures in Scotland are quite different from those in England and Wales. No gazumping here.
Old Jul 4th 2019, 8:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Note that buying a house is done differently in Scotland. There is no UK system. Legal system and buying procedures in Scotland are quite different from those in England and Wales. No gazumping here.
Although not quite the short commute to London that the OP's after.
Old Jul 4th 2019, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Fly ? we had a guy here who commuted by plane From Glasgow to Exeter. A dentist.

I posted because there is talk above about "buying real estate in UK"

UK is NOT one jurisdiction ! That was my point. Merely trying to raise awareness.
Old Jul 4th 2019, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Fly ? we had a guy here who commuted by plane From Glasgow to Exeter. A dentist.

I posted because there is talk above about "buying real estate in UK"

UK is NOT one jurisdiction ! That was my point. Merely trying to raise awareness.
I hear the new Caledonian Sleeper is pretty luxurious these days too - en-suite berths, no less
Old Jul 4th 2019, 6:37 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

A vacation home near the beach will help being away from Florida, I hope. Selecting a place near the ocean should be a lot less complicated also. Shelter, beach towel and sun tan lotion. And maybe a tropical drink.

Old Jul 4th 2019, 7:15 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

It's either going to be Spain or Portugal. My wife likes both and we had considered Malta but being such a small island nation we felt more comfortable with a bigger country with more options.

Old Jul 4th 2019, 7:16 pm
Banned

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas...rencyCode=GBP#

Spain
Old Jul 4th 2019, 9:05 pm
Banned

Wife and I were talking about Spain and the rule they have about citizenship. Apparently if one of our kids were to meet a young lady and married a Spanish citizen and decided to attain Spanish citizenship, our kid would be forced to give up his British citizenship. I don't see how that could happen unless the UK has an agreement with Spain to renounce citizenship of Brits that gain citizenship in Spain. Maybe it's possible that Spain might not recognize dual citizenship but in reality that person is a dual national.

I highly doubt they run any risk of losing their American rights at all.
Old Jul 5th 2019, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Seems a bit pricey for location. Not all my taste but with that sort of money you can get all kind of views

https://www.idealista.com/inmueble/86108325/
https://www.idealista.com/inmueble/85859797/
https://www.idealista.com/inmueble/85493178/
https://www.idealista.com/inmueble/86195381/
Old Jul 5th 2019, 9:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Thanks for posting those links. Several have amazing views and the properties look well appointed. I think the first one caught my eye the most. We plan to spend about 3 days in Spain and 2 in Portugal so we can help finalize where to locate our get away place, Properties in both Spain and Portugal are a lot less expensive than the UK. Might be able to find a great place for a lot less than planned. House hunting in the UK and spending time with my wife's family is going to eat up much of our visit. The time will go by fast.
Old Jul 5th 2019, 10:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Wife and I were talking about Spain and the rule they have about citizenship. Apparently if one of our kids were to meet a young lady and married a Spanish citizen and decided to attain Spanish citizenship, our kid would be forced to give up his British citizenship. I don't see how that could happen unless the UK has an agreement with Spain to renounce citizenship of Brits that gain citizenship in Spain. Maybe it's possible that Spain might not recognize dual citizenship but in reality that person is a dual national.

I highly doubt they run any risk of losing their American rights at all.
Can I suggest that you put all questions/comments about Spanish property in a new thread in the Spain forum? Best to keep it separate. Any questions about citizenship also need to be put in a separate thread with a relevant title, and then one of our amazing forum pros will be able to help you on that too.

Thx.
Old Jul 5th 2019, 10:21 am
Banned

Good options!

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Jul 5th 2019 at 10:27 am.
Old Jul 5th 2019, 10:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can I suggest that you put all questions/comments about Spanish property in a new thread in the Spain forum? Best to keep it separate. Any questions about citizenship also need to be put in a separate thread with a relevant title, and then one of our amazing forum pros will be able to help you on that too.

Thx.
Sure, it's my pleasure.I forgot the theme concept on our site,

Your nite going ok?
Old Jul 5th 2019, 10:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Sure, it's my pleasure.I forgot the theme concept on our site,

Your nite going ok?
My day (it's nearly lunchtime here!) is going fine thanks. Got 6 puppies going to new homes tomorrow so just prepping paperwork for that, as well as 'proper' work and wasting time on BE as usual!
Old Jul 5th 2019, 10:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
My day (it's nearly lunchtime here!) is going fine thanks. Got 6 puppies going to new homes tomorrow so just prepping paperwork for that, as well as 'proper' work and wasting time on BE as usual!
Chasing after puppies will keep you busy!
We had a fun 4th of July and just now going to bed. Fire works all over the city area.

Hey, I forgot to mention my other question to you. Is it very usual for high end listed properties in the UK to be located so far away from one another?
You mentioned that comparisons can be 10-20 miles apart. Do you ever see areas where there are concentrations of period and listed properties in certain towns and or regions of the UK?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.