Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Best pint of Guinness in the District?

Wikiposts

Best pint of Guinness in the District?

Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Imbiber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best pint of Guinness in the District?

Originally Posted by BHAFC14
Alex is one of the founders of Glastonwick – a celebration of beer, music and poetry held every year in Coombes, West Sussex during June. I went to it when it used to be held at Shoreham Airport and it was a wonderful day out.

I had a beer with him a while ago at the Rattle N Hum in NYC which I believe is still one of his favourite haunts. Hope that Wandering Star is a success – he deserves it.
Thanks! Glastonwick is 3-5 June this year if anyone wants 72 casks of real ale (plus tubs of cider and perry) paired through the weekend with 20 bands/musicians/radical poets in a barn in the wilds of the Sussex countryside. It's my annual pilgrimage back to my roots from NYC to arrange the beer, as I co-founded it back in '96. This location is much better than the airport spot that we did for a few years, it's actually a working farm.

Wandering Star should be in full swing in NYC in about 2-3 months, we need to brew a lot very soon to satisfy initial demand. We are already signed with a distributor, just need to get them enough casks and kegs. Probably just after I get back from Glastonwick we'll do a big launch. In the meantime the first two beers are on as a 'soft launch' at dba Brooklyn as a taste of things to come. Rattle 'n' Hum will get it soon.

Cheers!

Alex Hall
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:59 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imbiber
Thanks! Glastonwick is 3-5 June this year if anyone wants 72 casks of real ale (plus tubs of cider and perry) paired through the weekend with 20 bands/musicians/radical poets in a barn in the wilds of the Sussex countryside. It's my annual pilgrimage back to my roots from NYC to arrange the beer, as I co-founded it back in '96. This location is much better than the airport spot that we did for a few years, it's actually a working farm.

Wandering Star should be in full swing in NYC in about 2-3 months, we need to brew a lot very soon to satisfy initial demand. We are already signed with a distributor, just need to get them enough casks and kegs. Probably just after I get back from Glastonwick we'll do a big launch. In the meantime the first two beers are on as a 'soft launch' at dba Brooklyn as a taste of things to come. Rattle 'n' Hum will get it soon.

Cheers!

Alex Hall
Hi Alex

Welcome to BE!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Imbiber is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers!!!

Originally Posted by tonrob
Hi Alex

Welcome to BE!