Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

benifits info anyone please

benifits info anyone please

Old Feb 19th 2014, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

princess1 is on a distinguished road
Smile benifits info anyone please

hi wondering if anyone has any knowledge regarding benefits in the uk???
and how do i go about claiming apparently i have to prove that i am residing in the UK ?? and have to be interviewed any info or if any one else has been through a simmaler situation single mum in need of advice please
Old Feb 20th 2014, 7:30 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: benifits info anyone please

Originally Posted by princess1
hi wondering if anyone has any knowledge regarding benefits in the uk???
and how do i go about claiming apparently i have to prove that i am residing in the UK ?? and have to be interviewed any info or if any one else has been through a simmaler situation single mum in need of advice please
Did you try searching for the word "benefits"? This topic seems to come up on a regular basis.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 7:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What benefits are you trying to claim? You'll need to perform a Habitual Residence Test to claim most benefits if you're returning to the UK after a long absence.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/...tizens_hrt.htm
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:26 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

to add to the above

https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser

Last edited by not2old; Feb 20th 2014 at 9:34 am.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

well this is this thing iv been back a month and not sure what id be entitled to or how to go about it and no im not a benefit bum just need a little help to get me on track single mum im looking to do an STCW 95 course which is nearly 700£ to enter so i was wondering if i could get some sort of help regarding that?
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dunroving
Did you try searching for the word "benefits"? This topic seems to come up on a regular basis.
yes just got a load of gobbldy gook from the .gov page on google no information that covered anything that applies to me.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What benefits are you trying to claim? You'll need to perform a Habitual Residence Test to claim most benefits if you're returning to the UK after a long absence.

Hi Brit in Paris, that's not in Paris, funny, anyway just had a quick pa-rouse on the link you sent so basically forget it for 3 months maybe i should say im from another country that seems to be the way forward!! whoops only joking......
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brit in Paris, that's not in Paris, funny, anyway just had a quick pa-rouse on the link you sent so basically forget it for 3 months maybe i should say im from another country that seems to be the way forward!! whoops only joking......
Won't comment on the daft 'other country' bit, but I have to ask, what on earth was 'pa-rouse' meant to say?! I know autocorrect comes up with some bizarre suggestions, but I cannot for the life of me think what that was originally!
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Won't comment on the daft 'other country' bit, but I have to ask, what on earth was 'pa-rouse' meant to say?! I know autocorrect comes up with some bizarre suggestions, but I cannot for the life of me think what that was originally!
peruse perhaps?..

Benefits are undergoing more tightening up even as we speak, and I have heard that the present government intend to tighten some of the rules every month until the next general election.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
peruse perhaps?..

Benefits are undergoing more tightening up even as we speak, and I have heard that the present government intend to tighten some of the rules every month until the next general election.
Hi yes i have gathered that by what i have just read, the thing is i just want a little help to get this STCW 95 course done asap i dont want to be claiming anything not my style, but money is rather tight upon my return to UK well just looks like im going to have to be a little bit patient again not my style...
Old Feb 20th 2014, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi yes i have gathered that by what i have just read, the thing is i just want a little help to get this STCW 95 course done asap i dont want to be claiming anything not my style, but money is rather tight upon my return to UK well just looks like im going to have to be a little bit patient again not my style...
Hahaha spelling mistake thank you for the correction..
Old Feb 20th 2014, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis

That was peruse!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2014, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hahaha me neither weird i dont even know what that says??maybe it was me talking on phone and typing at the same time????or its this autocorrect as this has happened to me before peruse ok ok correction updated..... hehehe .
Old Feb 20th 2014, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

what type of benefit are you looking for? there are many different types with different qualification rules. are you working or have you signed on at the job centre yet? are you looking for benefits to cover living expenses or to pay for the course? If you can be more specific people might be able to help more.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 2:49 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

yes just got a load of gobbldy gook from the .gov page on google no information that covered anything that applies to me.
No, I meant search for the word "benefits" on this forum, not Google in general - you may get more information more quickly by looking for people's answers from when this question has come up before. Also, because the questions will have been asked by people returning to the UK the information will be more relevant to your situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.