Been Back a Year

Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

bev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nice
Smile Been Back a Year

Hi All

Just thought i'd drop a little post about returning to the Uk

We came back this time last year after only being in WA for 5 months. For us Home is where the heart and it didn't take long to realise that Australia would never be our Home.

We appreciate everything so much more now, and things that we thought we were getting away from were all in Oz to.

I'm so glad we tried it and had the experience and WA is beautifull and still miss it when something or someone has got on my nerves.

I even think that If i could pick up all of my family and close friends and move them there with me I'd prefer to be there. But then we wouldn't have the long summer nights and crisp cold mornings and even the damp drizzly walks to work.

There were lots of reason for leaving the Uk and thinking about it now alot of our reasons were exaggerated to convince ourselves that we were doing the right thing.

So when people look on here looking for a bit of advice, every family is different, everbodies reasons are different and who knowss maybe its right for you.

So my advice is Give it ago.

You can always come home
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:17 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Been Back a Year

Originally Posted by bev2
Hi All

We came back this time last year after only being in WA for 5 months. For us Home is where the heart and it didn't take long to realise that Australia would never be our Home.

We appreciate everything so much more now, and things that we thought we were getting away from were all in Oz to.

I'm so glad we tried it and had the experience and WA is beautifull and still miss it when something or someone has got on my nerves.

I even think that If i could pick up all of my family and close friends and move them there with me I'd prefer to be there. But then we wouldn't have the long summer nights and crisp cold mornings and even the damp drizzly walks to work.

There were lots of reason for leaving the Uk and thinking about it now alot of our reasons were exaggerated to convince ourselves that we were doing the right thing.

So when people look on here looking for a bit of advice, every family is different, everbodies reasons are different and who knowss maybe its right for you.

You can always come home
So glad you've settled and enjoying life back home. It's always encouraging to here positive experiences when you're making scary, not to mention bloody costly plans to go back! Thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Hi All

You can always come home
been back from newzealand for 27 months and are very close to going back we went back at xmas for two weeks and was offered my job back plus my wife liked more this time than when we lived there before, work here for me has gone right down i work in the building trade, i earned half my turnover than year before and cant see it getting any better this year,
so we think this time we will be better off with our own house rather than a rental we have our own house here but struggling to pay mortgage
and we have a few more friends in nz than here, kids all grown up
so no worrys there
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

never a truer word spoken

I feel like nutting the wall when i read the reasons of some
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

bev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nicebev2 is just really nice

Good luck concretepump

Its funny how everbodies experiences are different.

When we were in Oz we couldn't beleive how little work there was for Plasterers and no one would even give my husband a chance. He kept going to meet people but they just messed him around or offered ridiculously low wages, and In our opinion WA is more expensive to live in than England. Yet someone else could go for an interview and get a great job working for a great person.

I also think if you've got a good life style here it's harder to settle. We spoke to lots of people who left the UK and they didn't really have much to leave behind so to them a new beginning in Oz would be a step up.

We actually took a step back and found that it wasn't fulfilling enough to be lonely and without our family.

But we definately see England in a different way and appreciate it alot more, so it done us the world of good to try something else.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
So glad you've settled and enjoying life back home. It's always encouraging to here positive experiences when you're making scary, not to mention bloody costly plans to go back! Thanks.

Costly but worth it. Good luck and be prepared for "what the hell you doing back her here" and "can't beleive you've come back from Oz to this dump"

Even my son who's 4 said to someone "Why dont you go and live there then" lol

Family means more to us than a beach and sunshine, and not forgetting that Perth becomes a bit miserable and cold during their winter. So to be lonely and in the cold was just another reason for us to return
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:00 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

lonely and without our family.

Thats one is really an insurmountable object. Other things often work themselves out with time, but you only have one family, even if you are lucky and there are people in your life who help fill that void in some way.

Still, I wouldnt be rushing to recommend to anyone else to return after as little as five months even if it worked out OK for you guys. Some people know right away and are proved right with time, but many find that after a year or so that the stuff that was driving them nuts at first is now all in the past.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:57 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Costly but worth it. Good luck and be prepared for "what the hell you doing back her here" and "can't beleive you've come back from Oz to this dump"

Family means more to us than a beach and sunshine, and not forgetting that Perth becomes a bit miserable and cold during their winter. So to be lonely and in the cold was just another reason for us to return
Mmmmm, those conversations will hopefully be cut short like the ones I have here when people say, 'How can you leave this beautiful place?' 'Your kids will resent you for it' and so on. Aaaaggghhh....... I don't think I'll want to talk about immigration for a LONG, LONG time!

And yes, how astute of your 4 year old. Maybe that can be the line, 'Try it and then comment please...otherwise SHUT UP!' The latter may need to be the mantra in my head!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

People who say things like "Can't believe you've come back from Oz to this dump"are either deluded or havent been to Australia (or have on holiday and assume its the same as living!!!!)I think as I always say,it depends where you live does'nt it?The reality is both countries have dumpy area's,problems and so on.People often say to me "Well it looks nice on(wait for it)Wanted Down Under"to which I usually reply "Well they're hardly going to show the huge council estates,kids sniffing glue,hoons ect are they????Anyway to the OP,glad its all working out for you,you've done it,you know whats real and what is'nt and atleast you can now move on with your life.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:00 pm
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

"But then we wouldn't have the long summer nights and crisp cold mornings and even the damp drizzly walks to work."

lots to miss from the UK when moving overseas, doesn't matter matter what anybody says but there are things that just won't compare no matter where you are in the world.

Main thing is good to hear you are happy.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

pammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to all

Like Bev2 I stayed in Canada for just over five months and have been back a year - it has been a very difficult time and I am only just getting myself back on track but I can say hand on heart that I am so pleased to be back - yes moving was a learning curve and yes it has been a costly learning experience but I agree, I have learned so much about myself and others in this whole emigration process and I truly appreciate what I have and what I can have in England, much more so than when I left. I never rubbished the UK but I did exaggerate the benefits of moving purely to justify the reasons for so doing.

But whatever anyone decides to do, has to be the right thing for them whatever that may mean!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by livinginreality
People who say things like "Can't believe you've come back from Oz to this dump"are either deluded or havent been to Australia (or have on holiday and assume its the same as living!!!!)I think as I always say,it depends where you live does'nt it?The reality is both countries have dumpy area's,problems and so on.People often say to me "Well it looks nice on(wait for it)Wanted Down Under"to which I usually reply "Well they're hardly going to show the huge council estates,kids sniffing glue,hoons ect are they????Anyway to the OP,glad its all working out for you,you've done it,you know whats real and what is'nt and atleast you can now move on with your life.
These type of comments from people make me feel like this
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
These type of comments from people make me feel like this
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...gainstWall.gif
I reckon the vast majority of the people making these comments haven't even been to Aus........
These comments do my head in too and I'm happy in Aus, God knows how people not content with Australian life view this sort of stuff.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kporte
I reckon the vast majority of the people making these comments haven't even been to Aus........
These comments do my head in too and I'm happy in Aus, God knows how people not content with Australian life view this sort of stuff.
It brings out the beast in me. Especially when theses comments are from div's that have never left the UK
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It brings out the beast in me. Especially when theses comments are from div's that have never left the UK
The ones that really wind me up are the ones that make out the UK is some post apocolyptic wasteland, where crime is rife and there is a mugger on every corner..... The UK, like every country, has it's problems but is still a fantastic place to live. As I've said, I'm content here but if I had to go back for any reason, I'd have no issues with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.