been back 9 days now

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:50 am

caledonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default been back 9 days now

Well we have been back all of nine days now and how has it been i here you all asking??? Well to be honest really mixed. Was great to see everyone off course but also feels a bit like we are in no mans land!! Inverness aint changed much and still the same peeps propping up the bar in my local. Everyone was keen to hear about our experiences though and seemed to be happy for us to be back. The wife seems to be really happy being back in the arms of her loving family and is relishing being back. Kids are fine and are due to start back at their old school next week-theyve been out with there friends and basically picking up where we left off.

I am starting back at work on Monday also. Getting paid less for doing the same work as i was before i left but beggars cant be chosers and i will be asking for more once i have got my feet back under the table.

Weather has been mixed too had about one nice ish day the rest the ususal sh*t with wind and rain. Had a fantastic fish supper though that makes up for the weather ha ha .

Me, i am feeling a bit out of sorts. Scotland is just great and i am glad to be back but also missing our house in perth and the way of life. Being all cooped up at my MILs don’t help but we are sorting out a rental. I cant stop thinking about it being the start of summer and imaging us at Cottesloe beach or down the markets at freemantle. But it does feel good to feel part of it again and also to see my wife really happy again.
Anways good luck as always to you all. Will keep yous all up to date with what is happening in bonnie Scotland .
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: been back 9 days now

Things will improve once you get moved into your own place. We spent the first few week back at my mum and dad's and no matter how great your family is it's not fun living with them for more than a few weeks. Good luck with everything
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi Caledonia

Great to hear that you are happy to be back, even with the weather.

Once you get your own place you will feel more settled - what are the house prices like in Inverness?

Probably October is not the great time of year to go back, as it meant you left spring here for autumn there, but better for the kids with their school year etc. I am going home in Feb, but might put it back to April just for the weather factor, and ease myself back into the Scottish climate.

Have a Tunnocks Caramel Log for me!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Thanks for the update.
You will be fine once you have your own place. Living with the in-laws is a nightmare no matter how much you get on with them. It makes you regret alot of things living with the in-laws.
So onward and upward
I know what you mean about the weather, but family is more important at the end of the day. Windy and raining here in Perth.