Wikiposts

BBC TV iPlayer

Old Nov 20th 2010, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC TV iPlayer

OK so I'm not up to date with how this works BUT had a wee look tonight and it's telling me "Not available in my are/location" or some'at like that.

Anyway I can trick it to letting me see?
Old Nov 20th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of
Default Re: BBC TV iPlayer

i-Player is only available in the UK (because of licensing fees), but you can get round it with a UK proxy. My H got ours through these guys:
http://www.simplyexpats.net/index.php/home.html

We've now got an old lap wired up to the TV for the express purpose of watching programs on i-Player.
On my laptop I've got it applied to my Safari browser, and my Firefox is still on local settings so that I can still watch programs for US sites.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 12:17 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
OK so I'm not up to date with how this works BUT had a wee look tonight and it's telling me "Not available in my are/location" or some'at like that.

VPN
Old Nov 20th 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks, will have a chat with other half about how we can facilitate that. Would be good to see some of the natural history and documentaries.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks, will have a chat with other half about how we can facilitate that. Would be good to see some of the natural history and documentaries.
Natural histories and documentaries??? Are you crazy? corrie/eastenders and x-factor/strictly is where its at girl
Old Nov 21st 2010, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

You only just got here, you're not supposed to miss anything yet.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I don't really miss anything yet to be honest, but we don't have cable/satellite TV and decent programmes are limited to what's on PBS - which are great, but they do repeat a bit.

As for the UK soaps etc. Didn't watch them at home, can't se me watching them here lol!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Bladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of light

I have a VPN running and can watch BBC iPlayer, but not ITV player. Anyone know what could be causing this>
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
I have a VPN running and can watch BBC iPlayer, but not ITV player. Anyone know what could be causing this>
a shit vpn probably that's on a black list.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2010/10/3...player-abroad/
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:05 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulinespens
I'm always a little suspicious when you need extra software to configure your VPN. Even lowly and ancient Windows XP comes with the ability to set up a basic VPN service out of the box from the "New Network" applet. (Choose the "Connect to the network at my workplace" option.)

So why do you need special software for Windows?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I'm always a little suspicious when you need extra software to configure your VPN. Even lowly and ancient Windows XP comes with the ability to set up a basic VPN service out of the box from the "New Network" applet. (Choose the "Connect to the network at my workplace" option.)

So why do you need special software for Windows?
because it's the UK version of the US anchor shield, it connects you, then opens a webpage to say you're connected and then opens a advert based on their homepage.

It's what you get for free.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:59 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Bob
because it's the UK version of the US anchor shield, it connects you, then opens a webpage to say you're connected and then opens a advert based on their homepage.

It's what you get for free.
The software is a pile of nothing in other words. I suppose it complements the Windows tradition!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Up until recently, I had been using ADTelly, which costs £5.50 a month but gives you a pretty good quality access into the iPlayer and all the other British TV online. However, there's now a good, free alternative called Expat Shield. It is pretty good -- I am listening to the Ashes using it at the moment, completely uninterrupted. It is funded by ads but they are fairly unobtrusive. http://www.expatshield.com/ .
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:56 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Steady on, Pet. I'm not sure you ought to be using the word "facilitate" in cold blood...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.