BBC Listener

Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC Listener

I just discovered the BBC listener app, lots of nostalgic programs and documentarys. Just listened to a program about the Kings College Christmas Eve service...sigh... It's too we can't watch BBC tv but can listen to the radio.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Listener

Have you not seen the collection of podcasts from the BBC? http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts

If you don't want to listen to these online, you can download with iTunes too. Many other sites/services have a great collection of podcasts to suit everyone's taste. Search podcasts on the Internet.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

mick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Montfan72
I just discovered the BBC listener app, lots of nostalgic programs and documentarys. Just listened to a program about the Kings College Christmas Eve service...sigh... It's too we can't watch BBC tv but can listen to the radio.
You can watch bbc i player you just need to get a UK ip address. I use expat shield to watch UK tv I'm watching Top Gear as I'm writing this
Old Aug 8th 2011, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

HumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
Ironically I'm probably watching more BBC TV here in the States than I did while I was in the UK. Look for threads on getting a UK Ip address.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:09 am
Just Joined

loser will become famous soon enoughloser will become famous soon enough

I'm sure that the BBC could go a long way in offsetting the latest round of cuts if it actually got it's act together and offered the iplayer content worldwide on subscription, I'd absolutely pay a premium rather than watching a minute or two's programming and hours of adverts. I'm sure the majority of folks who pay a subscription or can change their IP free of charge would be quite happy to free themselves from the swill we are served over here.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 5:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loser
I'm sure that the BBC could go a long way in offsetting the latest round of cuts if it actually got it's act together and offered the iplayer content worldwide on subscription, I'd absolutely pay a premium rather than watching a minute or two's programming and hours of adverts. I'm sure the majority of folks who pay a subscription or can change their IP free of charge would be quite happy to free themselves from the swill we are served over here.
They are...and asking for $10 a month for it...so they've missed the boat, when you can get a VPN for less these days and get to watch all the other tv channels as well.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 5:04 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

I have an app called Tune in Radio on my ipad and i phone.

You can listen to radio all around the world. The one downside is no footie commentary, as the BBC block it.

Hope this helps.

Steve