Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance back to uk

Wikiposts

Baggage allowance back to uk

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really nice
Default Baggage allowance back to uk

When we moved out here to Australia 6 years ago we were advised on these helpful forums that we could claim double the 20kg limit on baggage provided we were emigrating one way (which at the time we were, we thought it would be forever lol) does anyone know if there is such an arrangement available on the return leg or which airlines might be more sympathetic?

PS we are a family of 6 can you imagine us turning up at Brisbane airport with 240kg's of luggage lol.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Re: Baggage allowance back to uk

Originally Posted by Welsh Heart
When we moved out here to Australia 6 years ago we were advised on these helpful forums that we could claim double the 20kg limit on baggage provided we were emigrating one way (which at the time we were, we thought it would be forever lol) does anyone know if there is such an arrangement available on the return leg or which airlines might be more sympathetic?

PS we are a family of 6 can you imagine us turning up at Brisbane airport with 240kg's of luggage lol.
I've not heard of anything but would be useful to know if it was true. I'm lucky that I get 33kg of luggage because I'm a frequent flyer member with a certain airline.

Hope someone can help you!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:47 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baggage allowance back to uk

Originally Posted by Welsh Heart

I very much doubt it but I too would like to know if you find out otherwise.

I do know that Emirates is the best for the free baggage allowance at 30kgs I think all the others are 23kgs max.

HOWEVER BA do the best deal for excess baggage out of any of them. I tried to buy a ticket a few months back after a lot of research but by the time I had dithered the fare had gone up $560 in a matter of hours!!!