Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:10 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

What a babe! I know you wont forget the other one but as Jerseygirl says, maybe getting one soon after the other will help all of you.
Best of luck with everything and welcome to your new life pup's!

xxx
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Aww, thats a lovely way to remember them.
Yes, Ben is much better now thanks - hes still has his sad moments of course, but that's only to be expected.
The house we are moving into has a lovely garden, so we have decided to bury Alfie at the bottom, under the weeping willow tree.

I thought I would post a little picture of our new addition - I knew we would end up getting one, although I said I never would! But hes only 5 weeks old, so we have to wait a few more weeks yet for him
I just had to take another peek at Alfie II...I'm feeling all broody now.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I just had to take another peek at Alfie II...I'm feeling all broody now.
I know..... we can't wait to bring him home
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I know..... we can't wait to bring him home
I can't stop looking at him...he's such a cutie. I'm so jealous.

I bet Ben is sooooo excited.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 22nd 2007 at 11:22 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:23 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Only just read this thread.

Mike and Jo - so sorry to hear about your dog

I hope your new pup brings you and your boy lots of joy
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

So sorry to read about Alfie. At the very least you have closure on what happened x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I can't stop looking at him...he's such a cutie. I'm so jealous.

I bet Ben is sooooo excited.
Thanks, he is looking forward to getting him - he's gorgeous I know lol. Not long now before we bring him home, then I will post you another pic
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your loss, hope your little boy is getting better, loads of Hugs to your family.

your new addition is just so adorable, you just want to kiss him. hope he brings many joy to your family.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Aww, thats a lovely way to remember them.
Yes, Ben is much better now thanks - hes still has his sad moments of course, but that's only to be expected.
The house we are moving into has a lovely garden, so we have decided to bury Alfie at the bottom, under the weeping willow tree.

I thought I would post a little picture of our new addition - I knew we would end up getting one, although I said I never would! But hes only 5 weeks old, so we have to wait a few more weeks yet for him

What a cutie pie - I'm sure you'll spoil him rotten.
Dealing with the loss of a pet is always traumatic , but when they go before their time it's even harder.
We've lost 2 much loved dogs in the last year - but at 19 and 14 you can look back and say they had a good innings.
I hope your new dog will somehow take away some of the pain you feeling.
Nick
xxx
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

He is a cute, so glad you are moving on. Bless you.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

ruok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Must read if your thinking of taking your dog

I am really sorry to hear that 2. Please get back to us and let us know what they found.

For those who are thinking of flying your dog OS please read the following!

I have done this 2 times and both dogs were ok. Although the second time coming back from Australia to Germany I saw that the crate was badly scrached on the sides as if it must of been jamed in between something. My dog didn't even recognies me at first, his head was down low as he very quitely walked out of the holding kennel. After a while he came good, he was only 12 months old. Singapore airlines and Qantas. Germany to Australia.

I started looking into this a bit more because I am wanting to bring another dog of mein back to Germany and mostly because the statistics are quite high in deaths, injuries and losses of dogs on flights.

Make sure that you don't travel in extream weather conditions cold or hot, so NOT in Summer or Winter. Book the same flight as the Dog. Make sure the crate is 100% secure and plenty of water. They do forget to water them and leave them out on the tarmack. The water bowl should be big and deep as it looses a lot of water, sloping out during travel. Check at the transfer that your dog has been transfered and is on the correct plane.

Now you'd best read the story from the link below.
http://www.workingdogs.com/airline_travel.htm

Last edited by ruok; Sep 28th 2007 at 7:48 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Must read if your thinking of taking your dog

Originally Posted by ruok
I am really sorry to hear that 2. Please get back to us and let us know what they found.

For those how are
welcome to BE ruok....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=46
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:25 am
Just Joined

ruok is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your answer. As your dog gets a health check at the Vet before the flight, one would think that a weak heart or defect would be discovered unless the Vet was not so good. One of the major things before any travel or OP the vet checks is how strong and fit your dogs heart is! So what had happened, is not ok.
If quarantine know why your dog died, a question I would be asking is, was that a heart condition that couldn't of been detected during the final health check, and why or why not?

Bless you all.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Must read if your thinking of taking your dog

Originally Posted by ruok

For those who are thinking of flying your dog OS please read the following!

I have done this 2 times and both dogs were ok. Although the second time coming back from Australia to Germany I saw that the crate was badly scrached on the sides as if it must of been jamed in between something. My dog didn't even recognies me at first, his head was down low as he very quitely walked out of the holding kennel. After a while he came good, he was only 12 months old. Singapore airlines and Qantas. Germany to Australia.

I started looking into this a bit more because I am wanting to bring another dog of mein back to Germany and mostly because the statistics are quite high in deaths, injuries and losses of dogs on flights.

Make sure that you don't travel in extream weather conditions cold or hot, so NOT in Summer or Winter. Book the same flight as the Dog. Make sure the crate is 100% secure and plenty of water. They do forget to water them and leave them out on the tarmack. The water bowl should be big and deep as it looses a lot of water, sloping out during travel. Check at the transfer that your dog has been transfered and is on the correct plane.

Now you'd best read the story from the link below.
http://www.workingdogs.com/airline_travel.htm

I understand exactly what you are saying, but its very hard and worrying when you leave them with these kennels!!! We will be in UK when our two fly back next month and I am worried about them, especially as my kelpie i highly stressed at times. Just hoping we have chosen a good kennel/flight...
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

I have not visited the forum for a while and was so sad to read your news, love to you all.

I lost one of mine prior to flying-took her for rabies jab and she died on vets table, its such a shock and I understand how you must have felt.

I hope the new addition helps put a smile on your little ones face.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.