Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Hi all

We have no idea why or what happened, but Alfie, one of our 2 King charles spaniels died on the flight back to the UK. Apparantly he was fine in Perth and Singapore, but they found him dead in his crate on arrival at Heathrow on Friday morning.
He was only 3 and was my little boys dog. He adored him and he has been inconsolable since we broke the news to him on Friday.

There has to be a full investigation because he was coming into quarantine here. As soon as I know what happened and why, I will let you all know, but he is in London with the ministry at the moment whilst they carry out their routine investigations and procedures.

Jo
I am so sorry to hear that, my daugter is in Australia waiting for us to send our Black lab we all would be traumatised if anything happened to him(((Hug))

Daryl x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine
We can't even have Alfie back yet, because he was coming into quarantine. For now he has to be treated as a rabies case until they prove otherwise. Once they have confirmation that he doesn't have any disease (which he doesn't), we can have his cremated remains only.
Your avatar could be a photo of my girl...they look so alike.

I told my husband about Alfie last night...we were both .

I hope your son is feeling a little better.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 18th 2007 at 1:34 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I can imagine
We can't even have Alfie back yet, because he was coming into quarantine. For now he has to be treated as a rabies case until they prove otherwise. Once they have confirmation that he doesn't have any disease (which he doesn't), we can have his cremated remains only.
poor alfie all the best to you, i know you miss him!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:40 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

We have no idea why or what happened, but Alfie, one of our 2 King charles spaniels died on the flight back to the UK. Apparantly he was fine in Perth and Singapore, but they found him dead in his crate on arrival at Heathrow on Friday morning.
He was only 3 and was my little boys dog. He adored him and he has been inconsolable since we broke the news to him on Friday.

There has to be a full investigation because he was coming into quarantine here. As soon as I know what happened and why, I will let you all know, but he is in London with the ministry at the moment whilst they carry out their routine investigations and procedures.

Jo

Really sorry for your loss.

Ginny x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Jo
Sorry to hear that, must be awful for you all, especially your little boy.

Big hugs to you and your family.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Just to echo, what others have said. I really feel for you. We'll be returning with 9 dogs, and just the thought of losing one would be heartbreaking for me to contemplate. So sorry for your loss.
Best Regards.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:31 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Jo
I'm so sorry for your loss; that's an awful thing to happen. Sending (((hugs))).
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:20 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunshine Girl
Just to echo, what others have said. I really feel for you. We'll be returning with 9 dogs, and just the thought of losing one would be heartbreaking for me to contemplate. So sorry for your loss.
Best Regards.
Blimey, 9 dogs? Will they have to go on separate planes (isn't there a limit of only 2 dogs per plane, or similar)? Must be costing you a fortune!!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:30 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Jo
I am so sorry for you all. How very sad to loose Alfie like that.
My dog has been my lifeline here and I cannot imagine how must be feeling.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry for your loss. What a nightmare. I am at a loss for words.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice

This news brought a lump to my throat So sorry for your loss...K sent.

Stela
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:44 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry for you. I read this post yesterday and can't stop thinking about you guys. What an awful way to start your new life and you must be so traumatised thinking about it all.

I told me husband about it last night and he was really shocked and saddened too. We are looking at shipping our pets back next year but having heard this I am really worried about whether we are doing the right thing by them. I knew it would be unpleasant but I suppose I never let myself consider the uglier side of things. Our dalmation is 9 yrs old, one cat is also 9 yrs old and the other has a rather shocking heart murmur and shouldn't get too stressed. Good thing I haven't got one as I am now freaking out - I would be devastated if something happened to any of them as I am sure you guys are.

I am not sure what others have alluded to on here and I absolutely understand you not wanting to talk too much about something so painful - my heart goes out to you and your family - but if you know something that would prevent this happening to anyone else or are unhappy with the way Alfie was treated, please share with the other animal lovers on this forum.

Sending you lots of love and sympathy.

XEm
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Considering he had the all clear and the rabies jab I think its disgusting they are keeping him!!!!

How can they possibly think he had rabies!!!!:curse:
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Considering he had the all clear and the rabies jab I think its disgusting they are keeping him!!!!

How can they possibly think he had rabies!!!!:curse:
I presume they are doing a PM on him...if it was my dog I would want to know the reason for his death. I have had Cavaliers for over 30 years and know only too well these little dogs are prone to heart problems...my guess is this is what happened to Alfie. If so I would be asking the vet in Oz why it wasn't detected prior to departure.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:44 am
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

I can imagine
I am so, so sorry for your loss. And this just makes it all the harder.

Sending ::< hugs >:: to you all especially your son. My heart breaks for him. It is so hard when you are young and such a tough job for you as parents to guide him through that heartache.

More :: <hugs>::

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.