Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Back in the UK - and back on line....EVENTUALLY

Back in the UK - and back on line....EVENTUALLY

Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back in the UK - and back on line....EVENTUALLY

Thought I would update you all on whats been going on since we left OZ
Basically my feet haven't touched since we got of the plane. Got the girls sorted for school and off they went 4 days after landing. (They have been absolute stars!!!) Me and OH got back into our house and started to do some decorating. During this time we have had to buy all electrical appliances and new beds. Kitchen table etc, etc, etc. We sold all our big stuff over there as it was easier and cheaper to do it this way (plus I didn't want to wait again to have a little bit of comfort )
We both had two weeks before we started back at work so we got on and done as much as possible.

Basically since then things have been exactly the same as when we left 10 months ago. Which isn't too bad really.

The best thing is though, yesterday all our belongings arrived from Australia. 4 MONTHS it took but hey there here. First box I opened was my PC as I have missed it so much. Anyway, got it out, wired it up, switched it on and sat and sat and sat..........how gutted was I.
Totally buggered it is. Was told the hard drive was gone but luckily for me my OH knows a good man who came and got it all fixed and working for me. So tonight is the first night I have been able to sit in the privacy of my own home and chat to all. Won't waffle on any more as just wanted to let you all know that we are back safe and sound and slowly getting used to the idea that we won't be going back to Oz. (I will for holidays but OH won't, simple as) never mind, we done it, I loved it, he hated it and we are back end of story. Pointless thinking about any future there now as it won't happen. But I enjoyed my time there immensely with the good friends I made (you know who you are )

Lynne x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:24 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all
Default Re: Back in the UK - and back on line....EVENTUALLY

Originally Posted by mick69
Basically my feet haven't touched since we got of the plane. Got the girls sorted for school and off they went 4 days after landing. (They have been absolute stars!!!) Me and OH got back into our house and started to do some decorating. During this time we have had to buy all electrical appliances and new beds. Kitchen table etc, etc, etc. We sold all our big stuff over there as it was easier and cheaper to do it this way (plus I didn't want to wait again to have a little bit of comfort )
We both had two weeks before we started back at work so we got on and done as much as possible.

Basically since then things have been exactly the same as when we left 10 months ago. Which isn't too bad really.

The best thing is though, yesterday all our belongings arrived from Australia. 4 MONTHS it took but hey there here. First box I opened was my PC as I have missed it so much. Anyway, got it out, wired it up, switched it on and sat and sat and sat..........how gutted was I.
Totally buggered it is. Was told the hard drive was gone but luckily for me my OH knows a good man who came and got it all fixed and working for me. So tonight is the first night I have been able to sit in the privacy of my own home and chat to all. Won't waffle on any more as just wanted to let you all know that we are back safe and sound and slowly getting used to the idea that we won't be going back to Oz. (I will for holidays but OH won't, simple as) never mind, we done it, I loved it, he hated it and we are back end of story. Pointless thinking about any future there now as it won't happen. But I enjoyed my time there immensely with the good friends I made (you know who you are )

Lynne x
Have a lovely Christmas you were brave enough to try it in the first place!

Take Care
Carol

We are having another reccie not fully committed on the idea yet maybe our life here is too good who knows?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Lynne x
You seem happy enough to be back in UK...so good luck and have yourselves a great Xmas
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mick69;5637497]The best thing is though, yesterday all our belongings arrived from Australia. 4 MONTHS it took but hey there here.

4 Months is that normal?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi Lynne

Nice to hear you are back and everything is good for you. We have been wondering about you and how you were. Have a great xmas and new year.

Love Jan xxx
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You seem happy enough to be back in UK...so good luck and have yourselves a great Xmas
Happy.....ish! Family are happy which makes me happy but would rather be over in Oz still Never mind got to look at the big picture. Thanks for the good wishes and have yourself a fab Christmas too.

[QUOTE=manc1;5637865]
The best thing is though, yesterday all our belongings arrived from Australia. 4 MONTHS it took but hey there here.

4 Months is that normal?
We only sent back boxes (75 in total) so maybe thats what the delay was!!! Don't care now as they are here just got to unpack them all....AGAIN

Originally Posted by springflower
Hi Lynne

Nice to hear you are back and everything is good for you. We have been wondering about you and how you were. Have a great xmas and new year.

Love Jan xxx
Things not going to bad Jan, thanks for asking but still wish we were over in Oz. Will email you soon if I still have your address and best wishes to you all as well for Christmas.

Lynne xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:41 am
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya Lynne,

Glad to read that you are back to normal and the kids are doing well. its good to see you back on here, I have thought about you and wondered how things were going. take care,

all the best

Jo
x
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
Hiya Lynne,

Glad to read that you are back to normal and the kids are doing well. its good to see you back on here, I have thought about you and wondered how things were going. take care,

all the best

Jo
x
I wouldn't say back to normal but back...yes
Girls are back in school and OH is working, so am I but just not the same. Never mind just keep plodding on.
Hows things with you, going well I hope?

Lynne x
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

ukflyaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynne x
Nice It just takes all sorts eh?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ukflyaway
Nice It just takes all sorts eh?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

ukflyaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear
My limited comment meant that I thought it nice you were just acceptant of the situation and that we each have our path to follow.. your husband is a stay at home Brit and that's fine, I personally wasn't thrilled with oz either but thought it a whole lot better that the UK.. horses for courses..