Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Back on the property ladder

Back on the property ladder

Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back on the property ladder

Hi all

went for mortgage on Wednesday night, got it approved and my FA put offer on house I was interested in and they accepted. They are even leaving my all the furniture, (how nice are they.)

Soo excited now but worried at the same time. Oh the luxury of having two toilets and a bedroom with more than 1 sq metre of floor space.

Feeling a lot more settled now in the uk.

regards

Lolly
Old Jun 9th 2007, 7:33 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back on the property ladder

Originally Posted by lollyno1
Hi all

went for mortgage on Wednesday night, got it approved and my FA put offer on house I was interested in and they accepted. They are even leaving my all the furniture, (how nice are they.)

Soo excited now but worried at the same time. Oh the luxury of having two toilets and a bedroom with more than 1 sq metre of floor space.

regards

Lolly
Oh wow!
Leaving you all the furniture, brilliant (is it any good)?

I think once you( and us) have bought a house, things fall into place and we all can feel more at home. Having nowhere to live is the feeling of being in Limbo, which no-one really wants.

Anyway, glad things are working out well for you. All the best
Old Jun 9th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Oh wow!
Leaving you all the furniture, brilliant (is it any good)?

I think once you( and us) have bought a house, things fall into place and we all can feel more at home. Having nowhere to live is the feeling of being in Limbo, which no-one really wants.

Anyway, glad things are working out well for you. All the best

hi

furniture is slightly outdated but will do, im just very grateful. I think they must have taken pity on me, as they were intending to take offers for any furniture but then told the EA that I can have what I like as seen as I had nothing! EA had filled them in regards my journey to oz and retuurn!

Not having a fixed abode has caused a few problems but more so on the emotional front. Three of us in this flat, two bedrooms, kitchen and lounge. so its hard to find somewhere just to be by yourself. Often David comes into the lounge around 10 pm to sleep so I go into the bedroom. Mum is usually in her own room by sevenish (bless her shes getting on a bit and needs her rest, or as she says PEACE!)
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Back on the property ladder

Hi lollyno1

Glad to hear that everything is coming together for you and your son back in Middlesbrough.

Michelle
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by butch&shell
Hi lollyno1

Glad to hear that everything is coming together for you and your son back in Middlesbrough.

Michelle
cheers for that.

David is much more settled now, hes even been given a prefects role for his last year in school, Im so proud of him.

i do feel that Ive spent the last four years in limbo, applying, moving, coming back so now its time to live my life, bit late but I know where Im happiest.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

regards

Lolly
Good for you. Its good to hear things are working out for you back in the Uk. Hope your soon settled into your new home!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for that.

David is much more settled now, hes even been given a prefects role for his last year in school, Im so proud of him.

i do feel that Ive spent the last four years in limbo, applying, moving, coming back so now its time to live my life, bit late but I know where Im happiest.
Hello there

So glad to gear that alls going well.

Sometimes we need to not have something for a while to realise how much we need it.

Good luck with the new house

and well done David for becoming a prefect
Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

regards

Lolly
Thats great news,

Glad to hear that you're finding your feet again back in the UK. Hopefully that will be us in the near future and I can't wait!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks wafc and mike&jo hope you all have a safe journey back.

Tracy.d...wont be long now...only a few more montsh and you'll be over in sunny Brisbane. Yep lots more settled now, mind still have plans to move somewhere else, only because Im single and I can! Especially with David wanting to go to Uni, then my life will surely start. All in all Ill have spent over 32 years with kids at home. (dont they normally leave around the age of 20!)

so the best of luck to those coming home and those leaving these shores.