Back Nearly 1 Week!

Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:01 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold
Default Back Nearly 1 Week!

I'm finally back in the UK for the first time in nearly 3 years, and this time I can stay...

When I arrived back on Saturday, the sun was shining, and it was lovely and warm. I know people complain about the weather in Britain, but when there's a day like that, it's absolutely beautiful and there's nothing else like it.

The first thing that struck me was how much effort and pride went into the Olympics and Paralympics- London's changed so much since I was last here, and all for the better! There's more shops, more choices, and a great deal of national pride as a result of the massive medal haul of team GB!

It was a little strange for the first hour or so once I'd left the airport, because it had been so long since I'd seen London, or anything English for that matter, but by the second day I felt like I'd been here months already. Everything just feels right, things do what they're supposed to do and my world is working the right way up again.

I won't exaggerate: this is a city, so people aren't coming out of the woodwork to be your best friend or anything, but it's the little things. When I went to set up my student account, there was no where to sit and this lady actually moved over to give me some room on the bench without me having to ask or anything. I wasn't even looking in her direction, but she sort of nudged me and moved over. Then, although it was a bit of a wait, I was told when I'd be seen every so often so I wasn't left just waiting randomly, and when I was speaking with the banker I'd been assigned, the manager actually came over and introduced himself and told me how they like to meet all the new customers when they sign up. So nice!

Everyone I speak to in shops and things is really nice and genuine, and doesn't make me feel intimidated or strange, and when I called in for my NI number they were so patient with me (I had no idea where anything was, and had to have them spell out the addresses!). Not to mention, when I found that I couldn't make an Oct. 1 appointment but nothing else was available, they told me to call back as they get cancellations, and when I did, I was able to move up to Sept. 17! I know it's a small thing, but I just feel so welcomed and accepted here.

I actually got lost today coming back from a bit of shopping (on my own! I would/could never go shopping alone in the US but here it's no problem) and I wasn't bothered really, because I knew the station where I was, and just walked back until I found a road I knew. It's been quite easy to learn the buses and trains, and I absolutely love how I can go out without a car, buy what I want, take as long as I want, and come back when I'm ready.

The food is better! And cheaper for the most part, and I find that there's better quality in the food here as well. I'll do another update in a few more weeks as I get more used to things, but so far so good!

I'm definitely loving being back and I couldn't have done it without all the help I got on BE!

Thank you guys so much!

-Tel
Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:27 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back Nearly 1 Week!

Dont forget to change that profile location
Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:46 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tel 8, glad to hear that things are going well. Look forward to hearing more from you as time goes on.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:31 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

When the suns out there's no better place in the world than the UK, sitting outside in a beer garden, or having a barbecue, or going for walk in the countryside. All the best mate.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 10:04 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're having fun, but I knew you would.

Keep us posted!
Old Sep 14th 2012, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Tel8!

So good to hear from you. Glad everything is going well. Can't wait to hear more. Congrats on the move back home. Hope to join you soon
Old Sep 14th 2012, 11:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yay.

Please to hear you are settling in. Good luck with your uni course. Thanks for taking the time to update us. Don't forget about us will you?
Old Sep 15th 2012, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tel8
e medal haul of team GB!

I absolutely love how I can go out without a car, buy what I want, take as long as I want, and come back when I'm ready.

-Tel
That makes my heart sing. Good luck!!!
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you're settling in and don't forget - Downton at 9pm tomorrow night
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:43 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Great update, all sounds very positive and I'm so happy for you that everyone has been nice and friendly!
Old Sep 15th 2012, 12:46 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to read more!
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:43 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

So glad to hear all is going well so far
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you're doing so well
Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the update. It's so nice being able to walk to and from the shops and not have to hop in the car. When I was back for 3 months I really enjoyed not having to have a car. Glad things are going well for you and thanks for the update.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you have slipped right back into your life here. Isn't that a grand feeling!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.