Wikiposts

Back for 4 1/2 months now

Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back for 4 1/2 months now

Hi everyone.

Well been back for a little while now and still smiling

Its getting colder especially at night but we can put the central heating on

We have not yet run out of places to go at the weekend

We can walk the dogs anywhere (got 2 jack russell pups)

There are more places to eat than mcdonalds and hungry jacks

My family and mates are all within the same county

On the down side..........still thinking......em?.......no, cant think of anything!!
(except mates but do email regularly)

All in all......so GLAD to be home. Good luck to those returning X

LibbyX
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back for 4 1/2 months now

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Hi everyone.

On the down side..........still thinking......em?.......no, cant think of anything!!

LibbyX
You sound really happy and I'm very inspired by your post. 4 months is a time I should imagine, where most of the honeymoon period is over, do you think? Do you still feel 'high' about being home or do you feel past that now and settled down into a normal life? How are your kids with it all?
Sorry for all the questions... I will be going back to the UK next year after nearly 4.5yrs away.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:13 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Good onya LIBBY... isnt it wonderful?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Libby, great to hear you're happily settled and enjoying being home. Completely agree about all the places to go - toptastic isnt it
Keep on enjoying
T
xxxx
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:00 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

I've seen on a couple of posts from peeps who have returned to the UK that they are pleased they now have places to go - I'd be really interested to hear what exactly that means, as I think this is one of the things I am having a problem with even here in Sydney, if it is the same thing that is.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post Libby. Good for you and your family, you sound very happy. I'll be back next year; can't wait
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USAGypsies
You sound really happy and I'm very inspired by your post. 4 months is a time I should imagine, where most of the honeymoon period is over, do you think? Do you still feel 'high' about being home or do you feel past that now and settled down into a normal life? How are your kids with it all?
Sorry for all the questions... I will be going back to the UK next year after nearly 4.5yrs away.
Oh I want that to be me next year!!!! so glad you are enjoying your time at home.....Debyshire was there in April 07 lovely countryside...nearly as nice as Lancashire!!!.....when I get home we want to visit Chatsworth house...Always wanted to to and the day we went before coming out to Aus it was Closed!!!! and I never forgot (9 years later and still going on about i) I also had a Bakewell pie in Bakewell.....lovely loads of Cals but hey you only live once.....and I love Buxton...you lucky thing you...and here in Perth it is getting warmer by the day and I am dreading the hot summer...honestly....we cannot wait to get home...cold seasons and warm ones......
Good luck and all the best....
Jackie in Perth but now is green with envy and fed up!!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustBecause
I've seen on a couple of posts from peeps who have returned to the UK that they are pleased they now have places to go - I'd be really interested to hear what exactly that means, as I think this is one of the things I am having a problem with even here in Sydney, if it is the same thing that is.
Hi there JB. I was one of the ones who mentioned that.
I lived in Sydney for a few years as well as up near Byron and found the same in both places to varying degrees. Even in Sydney, OK theres the city, burbs, harbour, beaches but after a while (not tooo long) I just felt like it was thin on the ground. That there werent alot of places to go that I hadnt been b4 or were different. Some lovely places no doubt out of the city but also not much imbetween. I just missed having sooooooooooooo many places like in UK to go. Towns, villages, cities, gardens, pubs, galleries, just a humumgous amount of choice that had always had.
Even friends who're really settled & happy in Sydney say they cant think of somewhere new to go for a day out at the weekend. Its a funny one.
Kind of like life is lived within the perameters of a set square miles. Thats what I found anyway.
Hope you're not finding it to bad and enjoying the good bits
x
Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi there JB. I was one of the ones who mentioned that.
I lived in Sydney for a few years as well as up near Byron and found the same in both places to varying degrees. Even in Sydney, OK theres the city, burbs, harbour, beaches but after a while (not tooo long) I just felt like it was thin on the ground. That there werent alot of places to go that I hadnt been b4 or were different. Some lovely places no doubt out of the city but also not much imbetween. I just missed having sooooooooooooo many places like in UK to go. Towns, villages, cities, gardens, pubs, galleries, just a humumgous amount of choice that had always had.
Even friends who're really settled & happy in Sydney say they cant think of somewhere new to go for a day out at the weekend. Its a funny one.
Kind of like life is lived within the perameters of a set square miles. Thats what I found anyway.
Hope you're not finding it to bad and enjoying the good bits
x
Yep my sentiments to a tee!! even though we live in the biggest state in Aus (W.A) I have never felt so "chaged in"...I know it may sound daft but when you have been to the few places (and they are few after 3 years so after 9 years here they really are a few if you know what I mean) you feel desperate in a way to see new things but you know you cannot without a lot of expense and a huge amount of travel (well here in W.A) anyway...I have been to the Art Galleries, Mueseums, all the touristy things so often I could be an excellent guide but I find it boring now (have for a few years) and you know you don't have anything else to see...I go to different shopping centres (most are indoors here in W.A because of the heat etc) and use them as "my visiting different towns" now how sad is that but they are all the same with all the same shops.....etc....I know a lot of people who are very happy with this way of life and in a way I envy them but and that is a huge but!! I do miss culture....castles, stately homes....citities, towns and for a decent Market!!!!! Aus can be a lovely place for some but for others it will never be "right" for them....
Jackie in a cloudy Perth today and enjoying it!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:55 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

^^ Yes, those two posts are the same as how I feel. It could be to do with the fact that before we left the UK we were out & about a lot more than usual trying to see things before we left. If I went back I'd try not to get stuck in a rut of work during the week and then either slobbing out most weekends or doing DIY, which we had done.

I haven't been here too long & am still mainly positive so will enjoy visiting places I've got on my list so far but I agree the options are "thin on the ground". By the time we've exhausted those, we should have a new baby taking up all our time so that will be a whole different ball game & it will be interesting to see if I still feel the same once I've got to grips with being a new mum.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:39 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustBecause
^^ Yes, those two posts are the same as how I feel. It could be to do with the fact that before we left the UK we were out & about a lot more than usual trying to see things before we left. If I went back I'd try not to get stuck in a rut of work during the week and then either slobbing out most weekends or doing DIY, which we had done.

I haven't been here too long & am still mainly positive so will enjoy visiting places I've got on my list so far but I agree the options are "thin on the ground". By the time we've exhausted those, we should have a new baby taking up all our time so that will be a whole different ball game & it will be interesting to see if I still feel the same once I've got to grips with being a new mum.
Hi, i have just left Sydney after living there 4yrs. Whilst Sydney for me, is the most exciting place to live in Aus, it still wasnt enough. I loved the harbour and beaches for a while, but eventually it wears off. You are then left with the problem of where to go for a change. The problem being a "change" is pretty much the same thing all over the country. Bit of beach, few gum trees, sand or red dust. Small towns that all look remarkedly the same and not a lot to do once you get to them. All this is fine for a while, butr in the end i felt lke i was going crazy and saw no point in going anywhere.
UK totally different story. I have already made a 1yr itinery of day trips and weekends away with my husband ready for when he gets here. Heres a rundown.

2 weeks driving holiday through France using Eurostar.

Several weekend trips to Lake District, Ireland, Cornwall Wiltshire (family)

Lots of day trips. London, Stratford on Avon, Leeds castle, Arundel, Hampton Court... i could go on and on. I so missed the variety and choice of different things to do. Now i am full of excitement.

Last edited by Fleaflyfloflum; Oct 17th 2007 at 6:41 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
You are then left with the problem of where to go for a change. The problem being a "change" is pretty much the same thing all over the country. Bit of beach, few gum trees, sand or red dust. Small towns that all look remarkedly the same and not a lot to do once you get to them. All this is fine for a while, butr in the end i felt lke i was going crazy and saw no point in going anywhere.
UK totally different story. I have already made a 1yr itinery of day trips and weekends away with my husband ready for when he gets here. Heres a rundown.

2 weeks driving holiday through France using Eurostar.

Several weekend trips to Lake District, Ireland, Cornwall Wiltshire (family)

Lots of day trips. London, Stratford on Avon, Leeds castle, Arundel, Hampton Court... i could go on and on. I so missed the variety and choice of different things to do. Now i am full of excitement.

Hi Flea - true indeedy.
Like you I've a list of places to go - including France for a friends 40th, Cheshire (family), Lakes, Scotland, Wales (friends), Sussex (both), some European city I've not been b4, Bath, Bristol, Wells and lotsa places whilst I'm in the W Country - the choice is mind boggling.
Went to Padstow on Sat just as I could
All I miss so far is friends from Oz and a good latte
Stay excited xxx

Brits - you''ve got all this choice to look forward to - so know what you mean.
JB - Good luck exploring and with the baby. PS - Kangaroo Valley is a nice w/end jaunt - hire a kayak, camp with wombats (the animals not Oz men)

Last edited by birdynumnum; Oct 17th 2007 at 9:00 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:19 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi Flea - true indeedy.
Like you I've a list of places to go - including France for a friends 40th, Cheshire (family), Lakes, Scotland, Wales (friends), Sussex (both), some European city I've not been b4, Bath, Bristol, Wells and lotsa places whilst I'm in the W Country - the choice is mind boggling.
Went to Padstow on Sat just as I could
All I miss so far is friends from Oz and a good latte
Stay excited xxx

Brits - you''ve got all this choice to look forward to - so know what you mean.
JB - Good luck exploring and with the baby. PS - Kangaroo Valley is a nice w/end jaunt - hire a kayak, camp with wombats (the animals not Oz men)
Have to gree with you about the coffee Birdy. Its one of the few things i miss. The Brits are crap at coffee!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Hi everyone.

LibbyX
mcdonalds or hungry jacks? sorry but there are clearly much better places to eat in australia and such a comment is an insult to the culinary quisine of australia.Sorry but just another sad thread calling Australia:curse:
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:32 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Gee whiskers. I haven't read this forum for ages, but boy, nothing's changed.

The OP is obviously extremely happy to be home, so why try to bring them down?

Libby, I'm so glad you're loving it back there. I am moving back to Europe late next year and am really looking forward to it.

Enjoy it all mate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.