Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Attacked on dog beach with kids

Attacked on dog beach with kids

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attacked on dog beach with kids

Good grief! That is terrible. How are you feeling now, Nicola? It isnt too late to make a report - what the man did was assault. With luck he may be a regular there and they can have a gentle word with him. Failing that, get the wax doll and pins out
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

HI Everyone

Thanks so much for your wonderful supportive replies.

The long of short of it, as I see it. Thr guys were bullies who showed complete disregard for me being a woman, with 2 kids with her and a tiny dog that was off the leash as well but had been picked up to avoid getting eaten by the big white dog.

What also horrified me is during this whole incident I was sat on the sand as to not antagonise the chap anymore. I figured him knocking me out would have been far worse and traumatic for the kids.

The boys wont go to the dog beach now unless Daddy comes, which even I can understand as I was a bit worried they had followed us to the car.

We took Tinks to a dog park yesterday with DH and when big dogs bounded over the little one was petrified and even my oldest son said when we left those other dogs ruined it for Tinky.

What I cant understand about Aus is and please anyone out there correct me if I am wrong. Why cant people with big dogs support and understand that just because we have little dogs they also have every right to play and have fun doing doggy things without being harrassed by bigger dogs constantly.

Dont get me wrong everyone is not like this but I think its irrelevant if your dog is in the park or beach if it is harrassing another dog or child it should be at least called back to its owner.

I am defo not going to the police. The last time I rang them to say I had chased down a hit and run driver and didnt know what to do they told me I was wasting police time.

Also I am trying to put it past me as to not upset the boys anymore.

So thanks so much for everyones support
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Can't believe what i am reading absolutely disgusting behaviour.

I'm just glad you are going home Nicola. Leave the scum behind.
Me too Nu and you know if I wasnt going home I would be now lol.

No he had one of those Aussie till I die tatoos on his arm and I just thought good stay here living in the 80's you aggressive tw*t.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horrigans
That's terrible!! Are you okay now? It must have really shaken you and the boys up. And as to them saying anything about Tinks - she's smaller than a cat! How on earth could they say she was doing anything threatening in the slightest??? Truly, weirdly, bizarre. Can't believe you got caught up in it.

Oh, and whereabouts was it? That'll go on my 'list of beaches to avoid' (not that I've got one, but if I did...!)

Sarah
Exactly Sarah I was just minding my own business having a bit of easter fun playing hand ball on the beach with the boys.

I havent even mentioned what he called me and the kids. But what has really got me down about the whole thing is I wasnt even looking for anything but a good time on the beach, a bit of exercise and something to do to pass the day that didnt cost any money.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:17 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

that is just awful. What a bully. People like that make me sick.

I'm glad you are ok. big hugs to you and your kids (including the fur kid!)
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

I also just wanted to say that yes as much as Aus looks like paradise it really can be an agressive place with resentment bubbling just under the surface in alot of people. I have noticed this resentment in school, mums, blokes and sometimes kids and I just dont know where it comes from.

I have had to take my boys out of the local baseball team for the same reason. I asked nicely is my 5 year old could possibly bat closer to the start as he had been the last batter now for 5 games in a row and I thought this was a little unfair.

The coach said no chance my son is a little shit who doesnt listen. Hes 5 and had only been at around 6 practises. I was shocked and went to speak to the owner/organiser he went wild saying us pommies have no idea how anything works and we should shut up or get out. Then like most people of any age here(hes about 50) who may be slightly unhappy proceeds to call me every name under the sun. Needless to say I left the club in tears after rounding up my boys. May I add my older son had already played two seasons with the club before this happend.

This is just my experience but watch out sometimes all that glitters aint gold.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola411
I also just wanted to say that yes as much as Aus looks like paradise it really can be an agressive place with resentment bubbling just under the surface in alot of people. I have noticed this resentment in school, mums, blokes and sometimes kids and I just dont know where it comes from.

I have had to take my boys out of the local baseball team for the same reason. I asked nicely is my 5 year old could possibly bat closer to the start as he had been the last batter now for 5 games in a row and I thought this was a little unfair.

The coach said no chance my son is a little shit who doesnt listen. Hes 5 and had only been at around 6 practises. I was shocked and went to speak to the owner/organiser he went wild saying us pommies have no idea how anything works and we should shut up or get out. Then like most people of any age here(hes about 50) who may be slightly unhappy proceeds to call me every name under the sun. Needless to say I left the club in tears after rounding up my boys. May I add my older son had already played two seasons with the club before this happend.

This is just my experience but watch out sometimes all that glitters aint gold.
You know, Nicola, I really thought I'd heard it all. What you have posted here really, really takes the biscuit. I am absolutely speechless.

Good luck on the house sale, so you can get the hell out! We're off 4 weeks on Tuesday, (get home on St George's Day!) and so happy about that...

Best wishes x
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jojosan
You know, Nicola, I really thought I'd heard it all. What you have posted here really, really takes the biscuit. I am absolutely speechless.

Good luck on the house sale, so you can get the hell out! We're off 4 weeks on Tuesday, (get home on St George's Day!) and so happy about that...

Best wishes x
Thanks Jojo

I dont usually post these kind of experiences on here as I was always afraid someone would start on me but now I think as I know I am going home I am getting a little of the confidence back I had in the UK. I would never have stood for this kind of crap back home. But to honest I never had anything like these two above incidents happen to me.

I dont know about you guys but I would never dream of verbally or physically abusing anyone particulary in front of kids but here everyone seems to f and blind infront of the little cherubs.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:14 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

What I cant understand about Aus is and please anyone out there correct me if I am wrong. Why cant people with big dogs support and understand that just because we have little dogs they also have every right to play and have fun doing doggy things without being harrassed by bigger dogs constantly.
For the same reason that Aussies get about in huge f**k off V8 cars and tailgate people in smaller cars, think nothing of throwing bottles at cyclists and don't slow down for anything. They are bullies and cowards.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:20 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Bad manners is always distressing and offensive. I usually reckon that such behaviour is driven by a tiny p*nis, inadequate intellect, or both.

Sadly it isn't confined to Australia.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

This makes me so mad, I am not usually one for vengeance but this just makes me want to round up a few shady mates and smash that guy for his disgusting behaviour, not only to hit a woman but to terrify her kids. yeah I know I know, 2 wrongs and going down to his level etc etc..

He deserves anything he gets and he will, guys like that always do in the end.

Sorry to hear about your bullshi* Nicola, as you said your leaving so no need to put yourself through any further emotional trauma.

Take Care...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Triboy
For the same reason that Aussies get about in huge f**k off V8 cars and tailgate people in smaller cars, think nothing of throwing bottles at cyclists and don't slow down for anything. They are bullies and cowards.
K sent

nicola
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:19 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my gosh nic, that's terrible. What a coward

I hope you've calmed down a bit. Just go down to that beach with your hubby in future.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Jandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnh009
Good job you didn't grow up in the area of Leeds where I grew up. Kids who wore glasses and/or were overweight were always considered fair game. Now I live in Canada, if you picked on people who were overweight, 90% of the population would be at risk (joke, albeit in poor taste).

Grew up not that far from you for a while there while i was a kid and i know all about the Moss Side style areas of the country too, kids who throw bricks across the roads to see if it'll make the other side, etc etc, however, they seem to stay within the rough areas. Here, in my experience, it seems to be regardless of area. All part of the supposedly classless society...... where bogans dont just live amongst bogans but all over.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:36 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

When stuff like this happens it can seriously dent your confidence and have a lasting effect.

Ages ago my Dad who is nearly 70, was punched at his local station just outside London but some lads of about 20 who were going through the ticket barriers. One just turned round and smacked Dad.

Dad picked him up and threw him against the wall and the guys friends all jumped on Dad and Dad threw them off - hes a big bloke my Dad but nearly 70, he really shouldnt be getting into fights at his age

The ticket inspector went up to my Dad and told him off and said he was going to call the police My Dad explained that he was minding his own business and never started it. Anyway, Dad went home and I think was a bit shaken.

There seems to be so much more violence these days and it scares me.

What on earth is the matter with people that makes them so bloody nasty?

I cant imagine what it must have been like for your kids to witness such a thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.