ASDA Online

Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:34 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default ASDA Online

Anyone placed a grocery order online from here on ASDA.com for delivery to the UK? I'm wondering whether it will take my US-based debit card? I got to the final page but didn't want to place the order since I'm a few months early.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ASDA Online

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Anyone placed a grocery order online from here on ASDA.com for delivery to the UK? I'm wondering whether it will take my US-based debit card? I got to the final page but didn't want to place the order since I'm a few months early.

Cheers.
Why would you want to place it a few months early?

My sister (in the UK) uses this service all the time. She loves it because she only buys what she needs and is not tempted to buy more like in the stores.

They don't charge to order or deliver (if it is over a certain amount) unlike Meijer here the charge something like $6 and do not deliver it.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:26 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Why would you want to place it a few months early?

My sister (in the UK) uses this service all the time. She loves it because she only buys what she needs and is not tempted to buy more like in the stores.

They don't charge to order or deliver (if it is over a certain amount) unlike Meijer here the charge something like $6 and do not deliver it.

I don't. What I meant was, I'm not going over yet (Feb). I wanted to see how far their checkout system would let me go with a US card. When I tried www.very.co.uk it wouldn't let me purchase something a few weeks ago since I was not UK-based, even although the shipping was to a UK address.

Just thinking ahead so I can have the right beer waiting and chilled for me in the fridge
Old Jun 9th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

If the card is not registered in the UK, it would likely not work due to fraud concerns. At least for an initial order, most places want billing and shipping address to be the same
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

Hi

I have ordered flowers from Asda in England, from here in Massachusetts, to be delivered to my Mum in England, a couple of times. Paid with my Bank of America cards with no problem at all. So Asda should be fine. Hope that helps.

Ruth
Old Jun 13th 2010, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emailrob
If the card is not registered in the UK, it would likely not work due to fraud concerns. At least for an initial order, most places want billing and shipping address to be the same
I don't think so. Due to different circumstances I have used UK card to buy and deliver overseas and US card to buy and deliver here with no problems. It would be very difficult to buy from a foreign site on the internet if the card had to be 'registered' everywhere.