Arrive and Thrive?

Old May 21st 2014, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all
Question Arrive and Thrive?

*deleted website, got my answer*
Is this guide worth the thirty bucks they are asking for it? (I get NOTHING for posting that link, NOR do I endorse it - it's just there so that those in the know can see what guide I'm talking about - clear?)

We're STILL here but getting a little scared as the decision to move is looming closer and more of a reality. Is this guide something that anyone has heard of? Worth it at all? It claims to be a big deal, but I don't like those "time sensitive" purchase deals - though many legit companies I have purchased from use it... I don't like it. Makes me nervous.

OR can I find all this info here somewhere?

Thanks!
Blessings!

Last edited by pondhopper2014; May 21st 2014 at 8:35 pm. Reason: deleted website link
Old May 21st 2014, 8:29 pm
Misses Los Angeles

MoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrive and Thrive?

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
http://www.arriveandthrive.com/uk/index.htm
Is this guide worth the thirty bucks they are asking for it? (I get NOTHING for posting that link, NOR do I endorse it - it's just there so that those in the know can see what guide I'm talking about - clear?)

We're STILL here but getting a little scared as the decision to move is looming closer and more of a reality. Is this guide something that anyone has heard of? Worth it at all? It claims to be a big deal, but I don't like those "time sensitive" purchase deals - though many legit companies I have purchased from use it... I don't like it. Makes me nervous.

OR can I find all this info here somewhere?

Thanks!
Blessings!
Don't do it! That looks awful: amateurish website, long and well-padded list of 'vital info', and the usual promises of insider secrets and other guff.

Everything they promise to tell you is available here, where it's openly debated for accuracy, constantly updated, and free. Save the thirty bucks and buy a round of drinks when you arrive: instant popularity and access to the real insider secrets!
Old May 21st 2014, 8:30 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

If you are British, why do you think you need it?

It gives a list of reasons for buying it, most of which won't apply to a Briton who is returning. Do you really need to know how to go about opening a bank account, or 'how to understand the modern English language'?

Frankly, it looks like crap to me. Most of the information it purports to contain is available for free elsewhere.
Old May 21st 2014, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Well, for one, I'm not British (only by descent) and my Hunny hasn't lived in the UK since he was a child. I was thinking more for the other info like maneuvering through the paperwork/offices stuff... but I guess I can get that here.

I will buy the round of drinks instead. There just seems to be so much to do and honestly? We're somewhat overwhelmed at what the best "next step" is all along the way. And the websites (the official ones) as to protect themselves, don't exactly practice clarity... it's a lot of read between the lines and pray you get it right.

Blessings and drinks on me when I get there!
Old May 21st 2014, 8:48 pm
Misses Los Angeles

MoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond repute

There just seems to be so much to do and honestly? We're somewhat overwhelmed at what the best "next step" is all along the way. And the websites (the official ones) as to protect themselves, don't exactly practice clarity... it's a lot of read between the lines and pray you get it right.
It's always like that, I think. Every time we've moved internationally there's always been a point of critical mass where there are so many variables and steps and uncertainties to consider that it all seems IMPOSSIBLE, and I just want to go live under a rock.

Generally, though, once you have one big thing sorted (even just booking the flights) then it slowly comes together around that. Well, that's what I tell myself.

I will buy the round of drinks instead.
Old May 21st 2014, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, my next step is getting my passport (british by descent - should take about two months - all my certificates are in good order), then my Hunny and kids do theirs, then, we're off!

(update on my blog below)
Old May 21st 2014, 11:52 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Well, my next step is getting my passport (british by descent - should take about two months - all my certificates are in good order), then my Hunny and kids do theirs, then, we're off!

I would allow longer to get that first passport - there's a few issues at the moment.
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, they say about six weeks, I was estimating longer... even three months is fine, we are aiming at October. I doubt it'll take five months... all my paperwork is in order. My husband's should take even less, he was born there and held his own BP when he was a child/teen. My Littles should be fine like me... especially once we've already gotten mine.

But good counsel!
Old May 22nd 2014, 11:24 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they say about six weeks, I was estimating longer... even three months is fine, we are aiming at October. I doubt it'll take five months... all my paperwork is in order. My husband's should take even less, he was born there and held his own BP when he was a child/teen. My Littles should be fine like me... especially once we've already gotten mine.

But good counsel!
There is a big back log with issuing overseas passports at the moment as they are all being handled by the UK now I think. There are quite a few threads in various forums about it.
Old May 27th 2014, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There is a big back log with issuing overseas passports at the moment as they are all being handled by the UK now I think. There are quite a few threads in various forums about it.

Well, hoping to move mid-October, applied online today, mailing documents later this week. Hopefully five months from now we'll have ourselves a shiny new set of passports. Good thing is that we're rather flexible on dates right now... so we won't book passage till at least my Hunny's passport shows up.

Blessings!
Old May 27th 2014, 10:53 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, hoping to move mid-October, applied online today, mailing documents later this week. Hopefully five months from now we'll have ourselves a shiny new set of passports. Good thing is that we're rather flexible on dates right now... so we won't book passage till at least my Hunny's passport shows up.

Blessings!
Just wanted to say I had a quick look at your blog and it's very entertaining and upbeat! Nice picture of butterflies, that. And Bath Abbey. I'll spend a bit of time reading it more closely. Good luck with everything!
Old May 27th 2014, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

But good counsel!
Don't be too sure. Someone said in the passport/visa section recently - eighteen weeks!
Old May 28th 2014, 11:39 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Blog is very interesting!

Last edited by Mallory; May 28th 2014 at 11:46 am.
Old May 28th 2014, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, the online application page estimates once the documents arrive, it should be less than two months... that being said, I have five to work within,and a flexible moving schedule, so that's 20 weeks at least before we'd like to move, plus flexibility... and we're hoping to mail the documents out by the end of this week... or on Monday if we can't see the signature person before Sunday.

Thanks about the blog! I hope one day it'll encourage someone...
Old May 28th 2014, 8:10 pm

Well, the online application page estimates once the documents arrive, it should be less than two months... that being said, I have five to work within,and a flexible moving schedule, so that's 20 weeks at least before we'd like to move, plus flexibility... and we're hoping to mail the documents out by the end of this week... or on Monday if we can't see the signature person before Sunday.

Thanks about the blog! I hope one day it'll encourage someone...
All of your passports are first time applications from overseas (even though your OH has held one before, any application for renewal after more than 10 years is treated like a first time app). I would certainly have him applying for his at the same time as you apply. Have a look around the forums - passports are taking a long time. They have just extended all the minimum times on the website. If nothing is fixed in stone, don't make plans to move in 5 months - plan after everyone has a passport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.