Apprenticeships

Old Oct 21st 2014, 9:41 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apprenticeships

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well it was a bit like that, although I was trying to avoid it. Apologies.

But sometimes crusty old throwbacks like you and me can provide a bit of off topic perspective on other issues too, don't you think?

I wonder how old sparkles is?
Novo, it was late evening for me on that last post & I was having a senior moment about 'mine is bigger than yours' poke.

As for 'old sparkles that brought up the topic of the thread drifting, you may be interested (or as you already know) having met a few, some have gone from humble beginnings in the trades or as a technician furthering to becoming one of those crusty old prof (classroom/ researcher) intellects and back again two or three steps, some teaching trades, being consultants or even a change of profession two or three times over.

I would say that once a person takes on the 'crusty' they have that label with them for the rest of their lives....

The thread is all relevant & it shows the many career paths one can take in life (post #73 & #74) . I trust our Gozit poster continues to follow it to see its not all about 'permanent head damaged' crusty old geezers or a trades person like 'oldsparkles' with the wear & tear body parts that comes with the job of being in the hands on trades.

Last edited by not2old; Oct 21st 2014 at 10:20 am.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apprenticeships

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
All this talk of research grants is related to apprenticeships how?
Had to look back a bit - it arose from thinking about comparative salaries for graduates/non-graduates. Some countries allowing salaries to come off grants.

Kind of all relates because the different types of higher education become a political issue regarding funding.