Anyone from Wales

Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone from Wales

Yep from Wales - Porthcawl - claim to fame the biggest caravan park in Europe I believe, now in sunny California.

Originally Posted by cliff1961
Is there any members from Wales, United Kingdom, in the area of Grapevine, Texas, USA ?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soap addict
Yep from Wales - Porthcawl - claim to fame the biggest caravan park in Europe I believe, now in sunny California.
It has been a Big Suprise how many replies i have received from members
who are originally from Wales.
Many neighbours of ours in the very south Wales too, looking into moving over to Texas or my Fiance' moves to caerphilly, S. Wales, it has taken 3 years to decide, but Health Insurance has always put me off.
I require Daily medication which is expensive.

ONE QUESTION:

When you were awarded your VISA do you have a certain period of time from the date it was issued to you in which to move over to United States or can you take your time?

I have always been curious if you may only have approx 3 months to move!
What if i had been awarded my VISA and not sold my house at this time?
Sell my house and may be refused my VISA ?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
So do we have to put (UK) after every place now to avoid confusion?
I am afraid so LOL
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

I am from Caerphilly, Near Cardiff / Caerdydd

Have you received your VISA yet?
Have you sold your house yet?

Looking into moving to Texas but not applied for anything yet.
Government is no help in UK they are driving me out!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jaxslad
wow ..small world..im from strangetown= grangetown
There is a few Cardiff in the usa..

Here is a nice read

http://www.peterfinch.co.uk/cardUSA.htm

Grangetown, Near Penarth,
I have been there many many times to buy my fishing tackle in which to go charter boat fishing from Penarth.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tigerbaywarrior
There is a Cardiff up in NE somewhere but I don't remember where.

I'm a Cardiff boy originally although now living in Houston, Texas which is considered a stones throw from Grapevine!!

I am sure you miss your BRAINS SA BITTER now you are in Boston LOL
While on vacation in Texas i miss the Six Nations Rugby
Published on BBC America is only one out of 3 matches shown but never see the best matches WALES!!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jaxslad
Don't Forget my fellow Taffys ..Wales V England rugby 6 nations 1st game Today at Cardiff..
Come on Wales..

Where do you watch your six nations matches, while on vacation i can only get to view one of the three yesterday was Scotland V France
I wanted to watch Wales V England.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Isabel_7
No snide remarks about Splott ... I have a big smile on face. It has been a very long time since I heard or read either "Splott" or "Grangetown". I am from Fairwater.

I lived in Splott approx 20 years ago with my girlfriend.
In my opinion it may sound worse than it actual is.
I rather Splott that GRANGETOWN.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

ONE QUESTION:

When you were awarded your VISA do you have a certain period of time from the date it was issued to you in which to move over to United States or can you take your time?

I don't know how it is with other visas, but the K1 you have 6 months to use it. There was a point where I was almost screaming at the estate agent "you haven't shown anyone my house in a month, find me someone who will make me an offer!!!!!". A week later I had a cheeky offer, we halved the difference and said done deal. Didn't actually close and get the money until about 3 months after I had left the country.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

This i was not sure of and had a big worry about, asked Visa Agencies the question but never answer the question!
I would be looking for a K1 Fiance' Visa, in which to move to Texas and marry my Fiance'.
As you stated the VISA gives you 6 months to use it and could take a year to sell your property.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:59 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you watch your six nations matches, while on vacation i can only get to view one of the three yesterday was Scotland V France
I wanted to watch Wales V England.
Look at this site to find pubs etc. that are showing the Six Nations.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tonrob
Look at this site to find pubs etc. that are showing the Six Nations.

Many Thanks !!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

This i was not sure of and had a big worry about, asked Visa Agencies the question but never answer the question!
I would be looking for a K1 Fiance' Visa, in which to move to Texas and marry my Fiance'.
As you stated the VISA gives you 6 months to use it and could take a year to sell your property.
Hi cliff, please ask your visa questions in the marriage based immigration forum.
Also remember that it is possible to move without selling one's house.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Sorry can't comment on the visa situation - we came on an L1 company transfer visa so the kids and I had a few trips back and forth over a six month period to see my hubby before we actually moved.

We didn't sell our house immediately - market wasn't moving so we rented for 12 months but that was more hassel that it was worth. Luckily we sold in 2006 before prices took a big tumble.

Good luck - I would say it in Welsh but can't speak a word

It has been a Big Suprise how many replies i have received from members
who are originally from Wales.
Many neighbours of ours in the very south Wales too, looking into moving over to Texas or my Fiance' moves to caerphilly, S. Wales, it has taken 3 years to decide, but Health Insurance has always put me off.
I require Daily medication which is expensive.

ONE QUESTION:

Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hi cliff, please ask your visa questions in the marriage based immigration forum.
Also remember that it is possible to move without selling one's house.

Good Luck = Pob Lwc
Good Bye = Adeus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.