Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Pet Flight Inc in Toronto

Anyone used Pet Flight Inc in Toronto

Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all
Arrow Anyone used Pet Flight Inc in Toronto

hi,

We are in the process of arranging our return to the uk at the end of September from Toronto. My main worry is getting our two dogs home safely. There doesn't appear a huge selection of pet shippers in Toronto and have found one that appears reasonable called Pet Flight Inc but was just wondering if anyone else has experience of them. They want payment and the original pet passports four weeks in advance which makes me jumpy as not sure you can get copies of the passports. Any help appreciated.

Also intend to use Brytor for the household goods and car if anyone has any experience there would be interested too.

Thanks guys

Julie
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone used Pet Flight Inc in Toronto

Hello, I've just checked in after another hiatus. I can't really help with the pet shipper, what I can say however is that we are now returning in the immediate short term with 10 dogs, 3 cats, a tortoise and a parrot. The point is you can do it yourself, which of course I know you know.
The only major bother is the paperwork pain (well for me it is, especially with 2 critters being Cites), and I hate paperwork with a passion, but again the point is it's quite do-able. The other problem is of course the 5 person rule.
Unfortunately, for us we don't have any other option, as the cost already is obscene without being fleeced any more.
The main carriers in this neck of the woods appear however to be, British Airways (cheapest), or Air Canada. Thomas Cooke, although I haven't followed this up do transport animals I understand, but only through a pet carrier, I understand to be Ladyhaye. As I say however I haven't verified this myself, as we are happy to go with British Airways.
The company may need the passports 4 weeks in advance to ensure room in cargo. We have been informed by BA TO GIVE 2-3 weeks advance notification to arrange our bookings...5 beasties at a time lol That's the Defra 5 person rule...thank goodness for relatives and bending the rules, as I couldn't even begin to contemplate a Sophie's choice scenario.
Anyway, I'm waffling now after a bitch of a day, having outstayed our welcome with 10 dogs and being told to move tomorrow
Looks like we will be moving before you, and if it helps I can let you know contacts, numbers etc. Heck it'll only cost you a phone call
Take Care.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone used Pet Flight Inc in Toronto

That's brilliant any info would be gratefully recieved. Thank you!