Anyone remember me?

Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

clivey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone remember me?

Hello to all. I'm the guy who went back to Uk last May. I decided to give it another go in Australia. I came back to Perth 16th Dec 04 and to cut a long story short, starting all over again! My story may be different to a lot of people here, maybe not. But at long last I have my own internet access and started working for myself again. I found it just as hard in England although some things I loved there I miss already. If you want to know anything about my experiences in England , fire away.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone remember me?

Originally Posted by clivey
Hello to all. I'm the guy who went back to Uk last May. I decided to give it another go in Australia. I came back to Perth 16th Dec 04 and to cut a long story short, starting all over again! My story may be different to a lot of people here, maybe not. But at long last I have my own internet access and started working for myself again. I found it just as hard in England although some things I loved there I miss already. If you want to know anything about my experiences in England , fire away.
Hi CLivey
Good to hear from you - glad things seem to be going well in Oz. WHat made you go back to Oz? How did you feel about doing it all again? Do you feel more settled this time or more accepting of Australia?

We are also going back to Oz in Nov - we're not ready to give up our visas and citizenship opportunity just yet, so we need to go back and do it all again!! What a palava...looking forwards to it immensely tho. Keep us posted with how you're settling.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

clivey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Hi CLivey
Good to hear from you - glad things seem to be going well in Oz. WHat made you go back to Oz? How did you feel about doing it all again? Do you feel more settled this time or more accepting of Australia?

We are also going back to Oz in Nov - we're not ready to give up our visas and citizenship opportunity just yet, so we need to go back and do it all again!! What a palava...looking forwards to it immensely tho. Keep us posted with how you're settling.

H! I remember you! Well your nickname! The biggest reason I came back to Oz was my family. I missed my children heaps. Although they are aged 15 to 20 and so of independant I missed them. Other reasons include the cost of accomadation, traffic drove me mad, having to work lots of overtime to make a decent wage and a general run down of Worcester ( where I was born and went back to) I intend going for Oz citizenship and go back to UK for a short holiday taking my children in about two years. I was amazed actually that people I knew including my family in Worcester generally were doing the same things as they were 13 years ago when I was last in UK. Like going to the pub and jobs. Seemed really boring to me. Not one person I spoke to said that I made the right decision in going back. They could not understand why I did go back. So I now look upon it as a working holiday.Australia is not that bad is it? The heat I am coping with just. Work, getting back into it . Good luck with your venture!
Old Jan 30th 2005, 3:13 pm
Merlot

Good to hear all is working out with you. Nice to get updates.

Best of luck
Merlot

Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Of course we remember you! I remember your decision to go back to Australia-it can not have been easy and I am glad it is working out. Good luck.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:29 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi Clivey,

So good to hear from you, I was wondering if you had gone back or not. I think leaving your kids behind no matter how old they are was never going to be easy but at least you came back and had a go instead of always wondering what if. Good luck to you Clive, please keep us posted to how you are doing.

Susan
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

H! I remember you! Well your nickname! The biggest reason I came back to Oz was my family. I missed my children heaps. Although they are aged 15 to 20 and so of independant I missed them. Other reasons include the cost of accomadation, traffic drove me mad, having to work lots of overtime to make a decent wage and a general run down of Worcester ( where I was born and went back to) I intend going for Oz citizenship and go back to UK for a short holiday taking my children in about two years. I was amazed actually that people I knew including my family in Worcester generally were doing the same things as they were 13 years ago when I was last in UK. Like going to the pub and jobs. Seemed really boring to me. Not one person I spoke to said that I made the right decision in going back. They could not understand why I did go back. So I now look upon it as a working holiday.Australia is not that bad is it? The heat I am coping with just. Work, getting back into it . Good luck with your venture!
My situation was sort of similar. I only stayed in Oz because of the children. Hopefully, after you've spent some time there you'll feel settled (assuming you don't yet).

All the best: I hope it all works out well.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:21 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear all is going well for you Clivey. I really wish you lots of luck and happiness. Keep us all updated

Pants