Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved with cats to UAK recently

Anyone moved with cats to UAK recently

Old Aug 28th 2014, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone moved with cats to UAK recently

I have the cats chipped and rabies shots done. Am now looking at the dreaded Annex II and some of the questions are not clear to me. For example the last page requires a declaration that "the animals will accompany me, the owner, or the natural person that I have designated to be responsible for the animals and are not intended to be sold or transferred to another owner".... I am giving them to air Canada and other half is picking them up in the UK... Whose name goes in there??

Has anyone been through this recently and can help.

Am shipping from Toronto to London UK via Air Canada Live

Last edited by Wombat7; Aug 28th 2014 at 4:42 pm. Reason: Added more text
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moved with cats to UAK recently

You need to put your name there as you are the owner and will remain the owner. Your simply declaring that you are not selling the cats and you will continue to be there owner. Don't overthink the Annex II form its actually very simple and your local state vet can actually send you an example of how to complete it. I just did it for my dog and had spent sleepless nights stressing for no reason.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:03 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wombat7
I have the cats chipped and rabies shots done. Am now looking at the dreaded Annex II and some of the questions are not clear to me. For example the last page requires a declaration that "the animals will accompany me, the owner, or the natural person that I have designated to be responsible for the animals and are not intended to be sold or transferred to another owner".... I am giving them to air Canada and other half is picking them up in the UK... Whose name goes in there??

Has anyone been through this recently and can help.

Am shipping from Toronto to London UK via Air Canada Live
I agree, it's just to make sure they are not being sold, or Traffiked.
Can I ask if you are doing it all yourself, and how much your paying?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks, I have been over thinking the form that is for sure. I am moving from Canada, the cats are chipped and have had rabies jab, as I noted above, but the form makes no sense.

Does anyone have their completed form that they could share?

Yes doing it ourselves. Got a quote this am from Air Canada Cargo live for $1900 for the two of them - which works out at around $100 per lb!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a link to an example of how to complete the forms. Its completed for a dog going into France from the US but the way you will complete it is the same just making sure you put your own country details and put cat not dog.

What it looks like: Paperwork for importing your dog into France/E.U. from the U.S. » Dog Jaunt

If you have any specific questions then feel free to PM me. I just went through it 3 months ago so its still pretty fresh in my memory.

Last edited by lgabriel73; Aug 28th 2014 at 9:27 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Excellent, many thanks for the link. I did google, honest, but could not find.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

LostBrit99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am dreading this form too. I have looked at them and I am stressed just at looking at them. I am bringing two 4kg dogs from Mexico to the Uk. If I ship them from Mexico City it will cost 2,000 pounds, which is crazy as they are only the smallest of things but at least the shipper does the paperwork. Or I can fly into Dusseldorf and take the train from Calais but I need to do my own paperwork but it would only cost 200 pounds.
If there are forms out there that are filled out I would love to see them too because I am so scared of doing them wrong that I have to pay for quarantine or lose our pets
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow, that is a deal. If I ship from Toronto to London and do the paper work it will cost me $2,000
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Really, omg I must be in the wrong job lol. Perhaps a dog shipper is on the books
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LostBrit99
I am dreading this form too. I have looked at them and I am stressed just at looking at them. I am bringing two 4kg dogs from Mexico to the Uk. If I ship them from Mexico City it will cost 2,000 pounds, which is crazy as they are only the smallest of things but at least the shipper does the paperwork. Or I can fly into Dusseldorf and take the train from Calais but I need to do my own paperwork but it would only cost 200 pounds.
If there are forms out there that are filled out I would love to see them too because I am so scared of doing them wrong that I have to pay for quarantine or lose our pets
I included a link in post #5 showing an example of how the paperwork is filled out.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thank you
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

travelpro is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the information in this thread; I feel some what more confident about the process to bring my cats back to the UK. I have one cat from the UK whom has a UK pet passport but I need to figure out what I need to do with my other Canadian cat. It does seem the process isn't as convoluted as I remember when I went through the process over 6 years ago. I was worried about quarantine implications for the Canadian cat which now seem to have been relaxed somewhat.

Best, TP.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your cats. I so want to move back to the U.K I want to move to Elgin Scotland . My family said it will be very difficult to find somewhere to rent with 2 dogs.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 1:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morayeel
Good luck with your cats. I so want to move back to the UK I want to move to Elgin Scotland. ....
So which is it, the UK or Scotland?
Old Sep 13th 2014, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

We shall soon know which it is.

Igabriel73 kindly posted a link to a completed US form. next week my task if to figure out what some of the Canadian equivalents are. Will be glad when I have this one sorted as it is the highest stress issue at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.