Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved back to the Uk from Canada?

Anyone moved back to the Uk from Canada?

Old Jan 7th 2019, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Elnino05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone moved back to the Uk from Canada?

Originally Posted by feelbritish
We left after 15 years on Vancouver Island. The place we moved to in Comox Valley eventually became unrecognizable from the valley we saw and loved! Mostly Albertans retiring and with them their large houses in new housing estates, attitudes and West Jet flying in! The cost of living had increased and friendships for me were of no depth. In the end I persuaded hubby to come back to UK. I had to wait patiently 3 years but in that time I did a lot of research. We moved back into our house we kept here and rented out but are now selling up and also moving to the West Country! We can look back on some lovely memories and pictures of our life there. It was great for the first 10 years! We are also both Canadian. We also could not see ourselves retiring in Canada!
I admire you for the move. It’s been 2.5 years and I am so convinced Canada is not for me. I have tried to enjoy it but I find it way too boring. The winter depresses me badly. The employment law I dislike. I consider it too expensive to travel around. I loved been in England. London was a hub as busy as it was. I have started to research and make plans hopefully in a year or 2. My only worry is selling my house. 2 years ago I thought I was loving this move but alas it was a wrong move. I have become gradually unhappy and accepted the situation. I don’t want to be sorry in another 5 years for not making the move sooner. Just sorry I have to uproot my kids again. But kids are always fine at the end. I don’t want to loose more than this.