Wikiposts

Anyone from Manchester?

Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

GetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enoughGetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone from Manchester?

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Me I'm from little ol Swinton but OH is from Salford.....
Me too!! Lived there all my life until we moved over 3 months ago.

Where did you live?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:03 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked for the largest independent - Crown Leisure. We did fruit machines, juke boxes, SWP's, pin ball tables, pool tables etc.
When I started the pay was great, but as they bought out more companies the job got harder but the pay stayed the same. My first year saw me doing 8 service calls a day on average. When i finally quit we would have 30+. You worked a 12 hour shift, with 30 calls each - no way you could ever get them all done. The day i quit I awoke to 12 open calls, all over 4 hours old (we had a 4 hour target time), by the time I hit the first pub I had 23, it was only 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning and I had two 12 hour shifts back to back. I fixed the one call, turned my car around and drove up to Walton Summit in Preston. I plonked my service keys on the table of the service manager, handed my cell and car keys over and told her to stick the ******* job. My girlfriend picked me up and we went and got loaded at the local

I used to earn a fortune doing foreigners! Especially when the coin sizes changed - I'd convert 10 pool table coin mechs a day on my day off at £80 a go

Originally Posted by Rushman
I did a similar job for Brent Walker with fruit machines.
Earned a ****ing fortune.....pay werent bad either.

Last edited by Pony; Nov 20th 2007 at 4:05 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Thydney
thought you supported Leigh?
If you read the entire post, I was referring to United and City. Neither of which are "Leyth" teams
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pony
I worked for the largest independent - Crown Leisure. We did fruit machines, juke boxes, SWP's, pin ball tables, pool tables etc.
When I started the pay was great, but as they bought out more companies the job got harder but the pay stayed the same. My first year saw me doing 8 service calls a day on average. When i finally quit we would have 30+. You worked a 12 hour shift, with 30 calls each - no way you could ever get them all done. The day i quit I awoke to 12 open calls, all over 4 hours old (we had a 4 hour target time), by the time I hit the first pub I had 23, it was only 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning and I had two 12 hour shifts back to back. I fixed the one call, turned my car around and drove up to Walton Summit in Preston. I plonked my service keys on the table of the service manager, handed my cell and car keys over and told her to stick the ******* job. My girlfriend picked me up and we went and got loaded at the local
I did it for about 3 months. Only about 20 pubs/clubs a day all inside the M25. Then after work into a strange pub to drop about 100 to 200 quids worth of token into the machine and make home with the cash winnings. After 2 weeks I had drawn down all the reels so if I got nudges I knew exactly what was coming on each reel.
Ahhh happy days...just had my arse and a Cortina 1600E to keep. Give me mam a quid every friday.."Ere aar mum...get a bottle of sauce in".
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:17 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

We used to have a security guy to keep us on our toes. Never worked though. They would go out and set up a fruit machine fault then get the landlord to put a call in. They would count all cash in, then count it out after you left.
They always used managed houses, and there the landlords don't see a penny of the takings (it all goes to the brewery). So inevitably the landlord would warn you when you turned up.
They used to issue tokens without any type of monitoring. So I too would play the bandits at out of town pubs; until a landlord started buying them at 50% face value and hitting his local pubs on the landlords night out
I remember being called to a pub in Liverpool to fix a machines top glass. It was broken whilst trying to load it in to a taxi! A ******* taxi driver stopped when flagged down and tried to help 3 guys load it - it wouldn't go in the taxi door so they dropped it in the street!
We spend months chaining bandits to walls after that; but they just changed tactics (one good trick was to drill a small hole in the front then push a coat-hanger in to the machine and operate the pay tube slide solenoid and drop the cash - genius!

Originally Posted by Rushman
I did it for about 3 months. Only about 20 pubs/clubs a day all inside the M25. Then after work into a strange pub to drop about 100 to 200 quids worth of token into the machine and make home with the cash winnings. After 2 weeks I had drawn down all the reels so if I got nudges I knew exactly what was coming on each reel.
Ahhh happy days...just had my arse and a Cortina 1600E to keep. Give me mam a quid every friday.."Ere aar mum...get a bottle of sauce in".
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pony
We used to have a security guy to keep us on our toes. Never worked though. They would go out and set up a fruit machine fault then get the landlord to put a call in. They would count all cash in, then count it out after you left.
They always used managed houses, and there the landlords don't see a penny of the takings (it all goes to the brewery). So inevitably the landlord would warn you when you turned up.
They used to issue tokens without any type of monitoring. So I too would play the bandits at out of town pubs; until a landlord started buying them at 50% face value and hitting his local pubs on the landlords night out
I remember being called to a pub in Liverpool to fix a machines top glass. It was broken whilst trying to load it in to a taxi! A ******* taxi driver stopped when flagged down and tried to help 3 guys load it - it wouldn't go in the taxi door so they dropped it in the street!
We spend months chaining bandits to walls after that; but they just changed tactics (one good trick was to drill a small hole in the front then push a coat-hanger in to the machine and operate the pay tube slide solenoid and drop the cash - genius!
My favourite "fix" was with the electronic coin slots. If you just got one of the things that fired a spark for lighting a gas cooker and held it to the coin slot and fired it it would rack up the credits.

Shouldnt admit this but........3 years ago they laid a new carpet in one of the lounges at Heathrow....I managed to discover (much to my 12 year old sons utter joy) that a few rubs of the feet on the new carpet was enough to get a static shock from a pointed finger to knock credits up on one of the machines. I was amazed because I knew that had cured the electric shock thing years ago.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:51 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
ha ha - showing your dodgyness now Lisa - you mean the Silver Scream and the Rambo Rooms dontcha
I've never heard em called that before.....and yes dodgy is my middle name...
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Very nice post. karma coming
Thankyou!!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:24 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leyther
If you read the entire post, I was referring to United and City. Neither of which are "Leyth" teams
I was taking the piss when you said Leigh and rugby in the same breath, obviously went over your head.

c'mon the Saints
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GetYourBritsOut
Me too!! Lived there all my life until we moved over 3 months ago.

Where did you live?
Whereabouts in Texas are you?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:16 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
c'mon the Saints
Couldn't resist ...

Born and raised in the Wigan/Leigh area ....went to Manchester Metro Uni. ......worked as pub and club door security in Manc ..... always shopped there and loved the pubs and curry houses....

The list of pubs we used to venture into would be endless ....from the spit and sawdust variety through to the quite posh ....Best curry house though wasn't in Rusholme it was on Rochdale Road about half a mile from the Arndale .....the Nawaab. Best of all it was surrounded by some great pubs ......The Beer House, The Pint Pot, Bar Fringe, Smithfield and the Marble Arch......
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Best of all it was surrounded by some great pubs ......The Beer House.....

Thanks - that's the pub I was thinking of
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:53 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
Thanks - that's the pub I was thinking of
Its now surrounded by trendy apartments ....

It had the best rock jukebox around ....alas the hells angels that used to frequent the tap room disappeared ....
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:17 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone from Manchester?
yep
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Another one from Leigh here. We seem to get about!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.