Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone flying Auck to Heathrow 29th Jan

Wikiposts

Anyone flying Auck to Heathrow 29th Jan

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Anyone flying Auck to Heathrow 29th Jan

Hi there well after lots of saying i wanted to go back and see if it was the UK i wanted to live not NZ my son has presented me with a one way ticket to the UK for my Xmas pressie (both my boys are in NZ and my issue with leaving NZ has been leaving my 4 grandsons behind so this is a trial run lol)

So they want me to give it a go while im still young enough (53 in feb lol) and if i dont like it i can go back. My family in UK all know i am going back but they dont know that it could be a permanent thing and i wont say anything in case i decide its not for me (i have been in NZ for 34yrs and it will be 4 yrs since i have been back to the UK....).

Just wondering really if anone else is flying out on that day on Air NZ via LA.....Oh and Happy New Year...
Cheers
Cally x
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 3:12 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone flying Auck to Heathrow 29th Jan

Happy New year.
That was a really nice gift from your son. Good to know he wants you to be happy
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone flying Auck to Heathrow 29th Jan

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Happy New year.
That was a really nice gift from your son. Good to know he wants you to be happy

Hi there and Happy new year to you too! Yes it was a wonderful suprise and my family are so excited so all is good and will see how it all turns out for me i will be sure and let you all know! x
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:38 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cally49
Hi there and Happy new year to you too! Yes it was a wonderful suprise and my family are so excited so all is good and will see how it all turns out for me i will be sure and let you all know! x
I will be a month after you after 30 years in Australia. I went back in April 2009 and came back in April 2010, tried to get my head down and you know just get on with it here in Australia, but I can't hack it any longer and am flying back on Etihad to Manchester on 26th February 2011, so here's lots of luck to both of us.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:02 am

confusedenglishrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there well after lots of saying i wanted to go back and see if it was the UK i wanted to live not NZ my son has presented me with a one way ticket to the UK for my Xmas pressie (both my boys are in NZ and my issue with leaving NZ has been leaving my 4 grandsons behind so this is a trial run lol)

So they want me to give it a go while im still young enough (53 in feb lol) and if i dont like it i can go back. My family in UK all know i am going back but they dont know that it could be a permanent thing and i wont say anything in case i decide its not for me (i have been in NZ for 34yrs and it will be 4 yrs since i have been back to the UK....).

Just wondering really if anone else is flying out on that day on Air NZ via LA.....Oh and Happy New Year...
Cheers
Cally x
I am very pleased for you and think it is a great gift etc and a wonderful way to help you make your decisions.

But when you opened the gift, if just for an instant, did the one way part make you think When I read that I certainly smiled. Hopefully, it was not the DIL idea?
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Happy New year.
Yes it was a wonderful suprise and just the little nudge i needed, Im not a keen flyer and to be honest that is what has been putting me off but now its booked i have to be brave dont i lol....I seem to be getting worse as i get older regarding flying....
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by confusedenglishrose
I am very pleased for you and think it is a great gift etc and a wonderful way to help you make your decisions.

Ha ha no it didnt make me think that, i know they are probably feeling a little frustrated at seeing me get into a rut since i split from my sons dad 8yrs ago and every time i saw them it was so have you booked yet lol so they decided to take matters into their own hands ha ha nope not the DIL idea we get on well and they have said for me to come back to their place in NZ if i dont like it.

They understand my main issue has been going and being away from my 4 grandsons so in a way this is kind of a bit of a test for me lol they were going to book a return but decided it was best to let me make that decision when the time comes..But it was a wonderful gift and i will give it my best shot and let you all know how i get on!

But when you opened the gift, if just for an instant, did the one way part make you think When I read that I certainly smiled. Hopefully, it was not the DIL idea?
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I will be a month after you after 30 years in Australia. I went back in April 2009 and came back in April 2010, tried to get my head down and you know just get on with it here in Australia, but I can't hack it any longer and am flying back on Etihad to Manchester on 26th February 2011, so here's lots of luck to both of us.
Oh wow! how cool is that aye, where are you planning on settling i will be in Lincolnshire..All the best for your move and keep in touch would be great to hear how you are getting on!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:00 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow! how cool is that aye, where are you planning on settling i will be in Lincolnshire..All the best for your move and keep in touch would be great to hear how you are getting on!
Cally you should join us on the "Over 50's and 60's moving back to the UK" thread you will be surprised at just how many of us there are!!!

I have no idea at this stage where I will end up LOL!

Take Care
Barb
Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:54 am
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Cally, Lincs eh, ldyinlv (50's 7 60's thread) is soon heading back to close to Grantham. I am from Holbeach and hubby from Spalding, we slipped over into Kings Lynn now, but often visit back to Spalding to see family.
Love visiting Lincoln and the Wolds.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Cally you should join us on the "Over 50's and 60's moving back to the UK" thread you will be surprised at just how many of us there are!!!
Take Care
Barb
Thinking of you, Barb, when you say ''No idea where I will be'' -- today, got another house rental offer today (as I am on their mailing list , and not told them, I own one). It is atown house, in Wellington. Shropshire Priced at £595 PCM. and is at 35 Albert Road, TF1 3AU, if you care to look at Google Earth. Would love to have you ''under our wing'' as it were. photo here. This is within walking distance of Town & Market. love Don
Attached Thumbnails Anyone flying Auck to Heathrow 29th Jan-phpthumb.php.jpg  
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Take Care
Barb
Hi there Barb! thankyou for the invite to the over 50s and 60s I will try and get in there when i get back (am staying at my sons for a few days more)
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J.J
Cally, Lincs eh, ldyinlv (50's 7 60's thread) is soon heading back to close to Grantham. I am from Holbeach and hubby from Spalding, we slipped over into Kings Lynn now, but often visit back to Spalding to see family.
Love visiting Lincoln and the Wolds.
Hey there Lincolnshire is great isnt it might run into you one day.......be sure and let me know if you are in the area...
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:04 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Thinking of you, Barb, when you say ''No idea where I will be'' -- today, got another house rental offer today (as I am on their mailing list , and not told them, I own one). It is atown house, in Wellington. Shropshire Priced at £595 PCM. and is at 35 Albert Road, TF1 3AU, if you care to look at Google Earth. Would love to have you ''under our wing'' as it were. photo here. This is within walking distance of Town & Market. love Don
Blimey Don, the rent is a bit pricey!! But thanks for thinking of me.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:05 pm
Home Sweet Home

Hey there Lincolnshire is great isnt it might run into you one day.......be sure and let me know if you are in the area...
You should all get together and have a MBTTUK reunion in the old country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.