Any success stories?

Old May 2nd 2003, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TimEh?
Have to agree with you on that one an' all (gosh!). Do you think that people in Canada, the US, Australia, etc. are a bit more family-orientated and the going-off-by-yourself-to-the-pub-to-see-your-mates thing is not done so much (I'm not talking about single folk here)? This could start something...

Light blue touch paper and retire.

Speaking of which, I really should get to bed. Damn it, missed the news.

My experience is that people in Canada tend to entertain at home more by inviting friends over for dinner, barbeque etc.. Sometimes it's getting together at a restaurant for a meal. I don't know whether it's changed in the UK but there used to be very little home entertaining done. After all "An Englishman's home is his castle" eh!

Last edited by flashman; May 2nd 2003 at 9:32 am.
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit banal, but I was quite simply missing the wide-open spaces of Alberta, the deep blue skies with endlessly changing and fascinating cloud patterns, and, last of all, that view of the Rockies on the horizon. I'm not even a particular outdoorsy kind of a person but all of that had somehow got into my soul. It surprised me.

I know what you mean. On my last trip back to Lancashire blue skies can definately be missed and so can the open spaces. I also like the distinctive four seasons in Canada and the diversity in people and scenery.
Old May 2nd 2003, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by flashman
I know what you mean. On my last trip back to Lancashire blue skies can definately be missed and so can the open spaces. I also like the distinctive four seasons in Canada and the diversity in people and scenery.
You get FOUR seasons?
Old May 26th 2003, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

JeffBrown is an unknown quantity at this point

You get FOUR seasons?
could be worse...you could be in Winnipeg, where (as i'm sure you've already heard) there are eleven months of winter and mosquitoe season
Old May 27th 2003, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

I have lived in canada for two years. I think people definately still go out, but there is definately less of the pub culture over here, which is great cos getting pissed everynight is not cool or funny !! Alcohol seems like an epidemic in the UK, I didn't realise that until I moved out here, everyhting seems to be solved by drinking into oblivion in the UK.

I think its kind of bizaare that people will move to another country because they think they'll get more weeks holiday or they think the (western ) country they live in is so bad and that the place that they are moving to has none of those problems.
Or because it has more defined seasons, hehehe.

Interested