Ancestry Visa (Time out)

Old Apr 7th 2017, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Raine1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ancestry Visa (Time out)

Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how long I can be out of the country with an Ancestry Visa. After two years in the UK, I have returned home to Canada. I'd like to stay in Canada for a minimum of six months. Will this be a problem when I return? I know that it may pose a problem at the end of five years if I want to extend or apply for the Leave To Remain. At the moment, my only concern is the reception at Customs if I've been away for an extended time period. Any suggestions? Grateful for your feedback.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 7:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ancestry Visa (Time out)

You can come and go within the five year period. If you spend longer than six months away it may affect your ability to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain at the end of the five years. You can still apply for another ancestry visa however.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much! I was concerned that I could be turned away if I was gone for too long. I figure I can sort things out at the end-just didn't want to mess things up in the middle! Grateful for your help.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Default Ancestry Visa (time out)

Is there any way to verify that it is okay to be out of the UK indefinitely on an Ancestry Visa?

I've had one kindly response that it doesn't matter if you are gone for an extended period of time. I'd just like to make sure that it won't be a problem at Customs if I return after six months.

Thanks so much!
Old Apr 9th 2017, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ancestry Visa (time out)

Is this question a follow-on from the following?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...me-out-895092/
Old Apr 9th 2017, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Ancestry Visa (time out)

Yes.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 10:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by teejaydee
Is this question a follow-on from the following?

Ancestry Visa (Time out)
Originally Posted by Raine1966
Yes.

OK. I have merged the two threads.