Anarchy in the uk?

Old May 16th 2009, 6:52 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anarchy in the uk?

Originally Posted by babycart
Nothing wrong with being rich & nothing wrong with owning a corporation- whats the point you want to make?
I don't want to make any point. You commented

'There is a sudden realization that the fabric of a society is deeply flawed to favors the political elite and the corporate rich.'

I just wondered why you thought the corporate rich were favoured and if they are, why it's a problem.
Old May 17th 2009, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

babycart has a spectacular aura aboutbabycart has a spectacular aura aboutbabycart has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cricket1
I don't want to make any point. You commented

'There is a sudden realization that the fabric of a society is deeply flawed to favors the political elite and the corporate rich.'

I just wondered why you thought the corporate rich were favoured and if they are, why it's a problem.
The reality of your question is really to undermine someone who expresses an opinion rather than being truly interested in what I have to say. The reason why I say this is that your post is picking on semantics rather than context. I have expressed an opinion which I do not need to explain or justify to you. Point scoring on BE is such a trivial past time which I find quite boring. If you want an intellectual discussion with some dept about what I have written then I would be pleased to enter into a PM discussion with you.
Old May 17th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jmh
I think it already has. Why do MP's need to have their food paid for by the tax payer?
Yes, it really is a sad state of affairs when we need the newspaper groups to police the politicians and try and keep them honest.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:44 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

The reality of your question is really to undermine someone who expresses an opinion rather than being truly interested in what I have to say. The reason why I say this is that your post is picking on semantics rather than context. I have expressed an opinion which I do not need to explain or justify to you. Point scoring on BE is such a trivial past time which I find quite boring. If you want an intellectual discussion with some dept about what I have written then I would be pleased to enter into a PM discussion with you.
If I wanted an intellectual discussion, I'd go some place else than BE. Thanks for the offer though. Try not to get upset the next time you make a flawed comment and someone puts you on the spot by simply asking you to elaborate.
Old May 17th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

babycart has a spectacular aura aboutbabycart has a spectacular aura aboutbabycart has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Anarchy in the uk?

If I wanted an intellectual discussion, I'd go some place else than BE. Thanks for the offer though. Try not to get upset the next time you make a flawed comment and someone puts you on the spot by simply asking you to elaborate.
I am sorry you feel so flattered- you have no reason to be. I have chosen not to reply to a comment which was designed to be impertinent. How about putting something of substance rather than playing the BE game. The fact that you have put more posts doesn't give you some divine right to assert your views over someone else. I don't need to answer to you just so that you can pick holes in my comments- if you were really interested you would have posted an opposing view rather than making some off the cuff remark.

I was hoping for an intellectual discussion, on something which is very fundamental to UK politics but hey I suppose your insult to most people who contribute great value to this forum as not being particularly stimulating belittles their contributions.:thumbsup
Old May 17th 2009, 11:23 am
Banned

I am sorry you feel so flattered- you have no reason to be. I have chosen not to reply to a comment which was designed to be impertinent. How about putting something of substance rather than playing the BE game. The fact that you have put more posts doesn't give you some divine right to assert your views over someone else. I don't need to answer to you just so that you can pick holes in my comments- if you were really interested you would have posted an opposing view rather than making some off the cuff remark.

I was hoping for an intellectual discussion, on something which is very fundamental to UK politics but hey I suppose your insult to most people who contribute great value to this forum as not being particularly stimulating belittles their contributions.:thumbsup
If you want an intellectual discussion on politics, trying taking Jeremy Paxton out on a date.

I thought the BE forum was for light hearted exchanges about peoples thoughts on travelling. Might be wrong though. Enjoy your day.
Old May 17th 2009, 11:46 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Give the fact it happens so I'm not going to get steamed up about it, I'd rather be ripped off by someone who works for their money.
A better class of cheat you mean?
"It's a real honour to be fleeced by you."
Old May 17th 2009, 11:59 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

If you want an intellectual discussion on politics, trying taking Jeremy Paxton out on a date.
I'm sure he'd be a charming date, but he might be more interested in talking about property development and architecture than politics:
http://www.jeremypaxton.co.uk/
Old May 17th 2009, 12:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BristolUK
A better class of cheat you mean?
"It's a real honour to be fleeced by you."
But it happens on every level doesn't it? That's why while I can understand the hard working taxpayer getting annoyed with it all, it's hardly worth getting an ulcer over because from the the little man at grass roots level squirreling cash into his back pocket from doing a spot of moonlighting to the big investor style crooks who have just squandered the global economy, it's just what happens.
I don't like it either but I'm not going to fret over it. I'm busy making my own bit of extra cash. Ethically i might add. We make an ethical fashion label which does not discriminate against size or is mass produced in factories in China or India.
There are a lot of caring corporate businesses out there raking in the money but they are exercising ethics too. There are also good politicians.
My point is that there isn't much we can do about it except do the right thing ourselves. Eventually we get rewarded.
Old May 17th 2009, 12:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by elfman
I'm sure he'd be a charming date, but he might be more interested in talking about property development and architecture than politics:
http://www.jeremypaxton.co.uk/
Oh well, there you go. It will have to be another equally irritating opinionated speaker on politics.
Old May 17th 2009, 12:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like it either but I'm not going to fret over it.
I'll not lose any sleep over it either. But I'm happy within myself that I can retain my sense of outrage over it and not excuse it because they are just some of many corrupt people taking advantage.
Old May 17th 2009, 1:14 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the BE forum was for light hearted exchanges about peoples thoughts on travelling. Might be wrong though. Enjoy your day.
If you want to be a smart arse at least try and quote the correct name It is PAXMAN!
Old May 17th 2009, 1:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
If you want to be a smart arse at least try and quote the correct name It is PAXMAN!
Oh you again.
Old May 17th 2009, 1:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you again.
It is funny how consistent we all are isn't it
Old May 17th 2009, 1:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'll not lose any sleep over it either. But I'm happy within myself that I can retain my sense of outrage over it and not excuse it because they are just some of many corrupt people taking advantage.

I'm on the Gold Coast. I see the worst kinds of corruption crippling ordinary people just trying to survive. For example, greedy landlords increasing commercial rents by 350% plus taking 10% off the gross turnover. If all the UK has to worry about is the odd dodgy politician creaming a few bob off the top, we're still not doing too bad.

I am really looking forward to coming home next month after 51/2 years here just watching in amazement at what really goes on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.