Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

AMJ Campbell - International Movers

AMJ Campbell - International Movers

Old Apr 25th 2015, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

AB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond repute
Default AMJ Campbell - International Movers

Any had any experience with this moving company? Good or Bad Feedback
Old Apr 25th 2015, 4:39 pm
Ex-pat twice?

apskinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AMJ Campbell - International Movers

I've chosen to use them for my move back later this summer, after considering a couple others I found their customer service to be good and their quote competitive. They also broke down the household goods so I could see the space each item would take up and hence decide whether anything wasn't worth taking.
Old Apr 25th 2015, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

AB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apskinner
I've chosen to use them for my move back later this summer, after considering a couple others I found their customer service to be good and their quote competitive. They also broke down the household goods so I could see the space each item would take up and hence decide whether anything wasn't worth taking.
Thank you, that's helpful. Good luck with your move.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:43 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we used AMJ for our move back from Nova Scotia in July 2013.

Everything started out well. They were kind of the mid-way quote which is normally what we go for; not the cheapest or the most expensive.
They came and packed our stuff.

I can't remember exact dates and details (sh1t memory, sorry), but my husband returned to England before us as he had a job lined up. So I was left to do the remainder of the packing and sort removals.
AMJ came and collected our stuff around the end of June. It was to be sent straight to storage as we were returning on the QM2 mid July and staying with friends until we found a house to rent.
All removals & storage was booked and paid for.

We received notification that our container had arrived in England. They could not deliver to storage immediately (can't recall why) and had to keep it in their unit for a while. They were going to charge us a daily rate to do this, plus charge us for delivery to the storage. I can't remember exactly how much, but it wasn't cheap.
We were pissed off to say the least as we had already paid in full and this delay was not our fault. So we emailed and told them this.
Back and forth we went, right up to management. It was eventually agreed that they would pay half with us which we had to agree to or we wouldn't get our stuff basically. It was really stressful and they had us over a barrel really because they had our container.

Also, we have moved so many times and not had one single breakage, ever.
On this move, we did.
Cups the kids had made and decorated, antique ornaments, and even our big heavy metal filing cabinet had a massive dent in the side. Gutted.

Yeah, probably wouldn't use them again.

Good luck

Last edited by Lorry1; Apr 26th 2015 at 11:32 am.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Hi, we used AMJ for our move back from Nova Scotia in July 2013.

Everything started out well. They were kind of the mid-way quote which is normally what we go for; not the cheapest or the most expensive.
They came and packed our stuff.

I can't remember exact dates and details (sh1t memory, sorry), but my husband returned to England before us as he had a job lined up. So I was left to do the remainder of the packing and sort removals.
AMJ came and collected our stuff around the end of June. It was to be sent straight to storage as we were returning on the QM2 mid July and staying with friends until we found a house to rent.
All removals & storage was booked and paid for.

We received notification that our container had arrived in England. They could not deliver to storage immediately (can't recall why) and had to keep it in their unit for a while. They were going to charge us a daily rate to do this, plus charge us for delivery to the storage. I can't remember exactly how much, but it wasn't cheap.
We were pissed off to say the least as we had already paid in full and this delay was not our fault. So we emailed and told them this.
Back and forth we went, right up to management. It was eventually agreed that they would pay half with us which we had to agree to or we wouldn't get our stuff basically. It was really stressful and they had us over a barrel really because they had our container.

Also, we have moved so many times and not had one single breakage, ever.
On this move, we did.
Cups the kids had made and decorated, antique ornaments, and even our big heavy metal filing cabinet had a massive dent in the side. Gutted.

Yeah, probably wouldn't use them again.

Good luck
Thank you, i hope everything is well since the move.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:37 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AB4NOW
Thank you, i hope everything is well since the move.
Yes, everything is great!
No regrets, at all.
We have just bought a house which we are hoping to be in during summer. So looking forward to having our own home again
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Yes, everything is great!
No regrets, at all.
We have just bought a house which we are hoping to be in during summer. So looking forward to having our own home again
That's good to hear and congrats on the house.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute

Have used them three times, most recently for a trip from Toronto to deepest darkest Suffolk. We shipped a small container of stuff.

Packing crew was great, and they were able to fit more into the container than the estimator reckoned.

Delivery was on time. We stored the majority of the boxes For five months while we looked for a house to buy (as an aside have not found a house, so we are now in more rental accommodation). Have just about finished unpacking evrything - one box left. We had a lot of breakables and there was only one casualty - a pirce of terracotta that can be easily glued together.

Highly recommend them - would use them again in a heart beat.

We did not bother with insurance - I saw the container sealed and then saw it being unsealed - so I calculated the risk was pretty low. That was my choice.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wombat7
Have used them three times, most recently for a trip from Toronto to deepest darkest Suffolk. We shipped a small container of stuff.

Packing crew was great, and they were able to fit more into the container than the estimator reckoned.

Delivery was on time. We stored the majority of the boxes For five months while we looked for a house to buy (as an aside have not found a house, so we are now in more rental accommodation). Have just about finished unpacking evrything - one box left. We had a lot of breakables and there was only one casualty - a pirce of terracotta that can be easily glued together.

Highly recommend them - would use them again in a heart beat.

We did not bother with insurance - I saw the container sealed and then saw it being unsealed - so I calculated the risk was pretty low. That was my choice.

Wombat, Thank you for your input. I hope you have settled back ok.
Old May 13th 2015, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Highly recommended company - used them when I moved from NW Ontario to Ottawa and kept my stuff in their storage facility for several months. While stuff was in storage in their warehouse, they moved a lot of stuff to enable me to get to some of my stuff that I needed, on short notice.