Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

All you folk who hate kids on planes are gonna love this.....

All you folk who hate kids on planes are gonna love this.....

Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:07 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All you folk who hate kids on planes are gonna love this.....

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When my daughter was 3 we flew from Manchester to Houston, I remember a lady came and said the same thing to me. If there is ever a well behaved child sitting near me, I always make a point of telling the parents how well behaved their child is.

Nice isn't it!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:10 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Well despite my lukewarm interest it looks like we will be trying the portable DVD idea after all - I got back from a fairly late one at work to find the Mrs had been out to Best Buy this afternoon and bought one anyway.

Just because you have it in your carry on, it doesn't mean you have to use it. It's there as a back up if all else fails!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:13 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: All you folk who hate kids on planes are gonna love this.....

Well despite my lukewarm interest it looks like we will be trying the portable DVD idea after all - I got back from a fairly late one at work to find the Mrs had been out to Best Buy this afternoon and bought one anyway.
Which airline are you flying with then? I'm assuming you're flying from Newark; Virgin and BA have seat-back televisions in economy.

Continental doesn't have TVs in seat-backs on its routes into Bristol and Birmingham (not sure about Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast or Manchester) but I understand they do have individual screens on the EWR-Gatwick route.

Virgin and KLM flies the 747s and Airbuses into EWR, BA uses the 777s and Continental has no jumbo jets. I think SAS uses the 767s.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:28 pm
Blondie22

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Which airline are you flying with then? I'm assuming you're flying from Newark; Virgin and BA have seat-back televisions in economy.

Continental doesn't have TVs in seat-backs on its routes into Bristol and Birmingham (not sure about Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast or Manchester) but I understand they do have individual screens on the EWR-Gatwick route.

Virgin and KLM flies the 747s and Airbuses into EWR, BA uses the 777s and Continental has no jumbo jets. I think SAS uses the 767s.

Yes but can you see a 10 month old wanting to wear headphones?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:13 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
I was by myself with my son so that's why the dvd player was great in the car because other than singing to him, I couldn't do much in the way of entertainment for him!
Don't feel bad, I allow my son to watch TV, I watch it a bit myself, so not letting him, would make me a complete hypocrite. So far, he seems to have learned quite a lot from it, as have I!!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:14 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Overruled!!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Partystar
Don't feel bad, I allow my son to watch TV, I watch it a bit myself, so not letting him, would make me a complete hypocrite. So far, he seems to have learned quite a lot from it, as have I!!!
Big difference between an adult who can process what they're seeing, and a child who can't. Nothing hypocritical about not letting them watch most stuff....
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:25 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I think thats right - I censor what my sons watch, but to ban it totally is a bit extreme. They get a reasonable selection of different stuff - the "nice" cartoons, kids documentaries, wildlife stuff etc. The 5 year old also wants to sit down and watch the news with me, which I was amazed at to start with, then i realised quite how often you see clips of cars/planes/trains/trucks etc and saw what the attraction was for him (Still need to be ready to flick channels when some of the nasty stuff comes on though). But he's also coming up with some valid comments that a few adults could do with learning - his solution to the current middle east crisis - stop fighting, be nice to each other and learn to share!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Overruled!!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:38 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Big difference between an adult who can process what they're seeing, and a child who can't. Nothing hypocritical about not letting them watch most stuff....
I'm talking about kids programmes! I have learnt from them too, especially Dora, as I've never done Spanish, but would like to!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:39 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I think thats right - I censor what my sons watch, but to ban it totally is a bit extreme. They get a reasonable selection of different stuff - the "nice" cartoons, kids documentaries, wildlife stuff etc. The 5 year old also wants to sit down and watch the news with me, which I was amazed at to start with, then i realised quite how often you see clips of cars/planes/trains/trucks etc and saw what the attraction was for him (Still need to be ready to flick channels when some of the nasty stuff comes on though). But he's also coming up with some valid comments that a few adults could do with learning - his solution to the current middle east crisis - stop fighting, be nice to each other and learn to share!
That's awesome!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

I'm talking about kids programmes! I have learnt from them too, especially Dora, as I've never done Spanish, but would like to!

A bit OT here, but does anybody else here watch PBS Sprout with their little'uns?

That new puppet Star is very annoying!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:54 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome!
Kids simplistic apporaches ares often a lot more sensible than adults!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:03 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Kids simplistic apporaches ares often a lot more sensible than adults!!
Yes, that is so true. Did you hear that story about the truck that got stuck under a bridge, no one could figure out how to get the truck out, then some kid comes along & says, let the air out of the tyres. I forget which one, but it was from a movie or TV programme.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:45 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

We're flying Newark to Glasgow on Continental.
We also have seats in a bulkhead row, the idea being that hopefully there will be a bit more space. And we have a basinette reserved for her - not exactly sure how that works but apparently it hangs on the bulkhead somehow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.