Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Affordable homes in the Uk

Affordable homes in the Uk

Old Jul 26th 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affordable homes in the Uk

Okay, but this shoebox does have a 120 foot south-facing garden...it is also inside the M25 ring-road...also within walking distance of the Underground. These are "London prices" folks.

Originally Posted by eurotramp
I fully agree on most of your stuff.......but housing wise ...wait until you here.
Its not what you think....its more complicated.

We live in a very expensive area and yes we can afford to buy a house for 350k...but....do I want to spend all this money on a shoebox?
For god sake....the garages in the US and Canada are bigger then the house for 350k.

Thats the reason we are not buying but renting..and saving every month £500 compare to buying the house we rent.
We just sit it out..our money makes more money in the bank and one day MY day will come.
Its a nightmare thought that I would have to stick with my very expensive shoebox for the rest of my life.......

Here a pic of on of the shoeboxes [URL=http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-12332402.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy]shoe boxes/URL]...
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neill
Okay, but this shoebox does have a 120 foot south-facing garden...it is also inside the M25 ring-road...also within walking distance of the Underground. These are "London prices" folks.
Oh....yes thats makes it alright then
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

AtlantaJohn will become famous soon enoughAtlantaJohn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by neill
Not just London or even the SE anymore. My brother just bought a house like this in Warwick and it was 300k as well.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
A lot of people have been saying house prices are going to crash - every year for the past 5 years!

The Economist print their doom predictions on housing markets around the world every three months or so and its been talking of a UK crash for donkeys.
In fairness to The Economist, they also say this: "financial bubbles last longer than anyone imagines is possible, but they do all burst eventually".