6 weeks back update

Old Dec 5th 2011, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

CarolPat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 weeks back update

Hello, everyone: I haven't posted anything for a while because I've been going through a cat crisis which has caused a lot of stress and angst. I went to Milan for Thanksgiving and put my two cats in a nice cattery for the week to give my mother and her old cat a break from the rocky cat-family-integration process. When I got back she refused to let my cats back in the house, claiming that one of them had sprayed "poison" around the house which was stopping her cat from leaving the lounge. She was pushing me to give my cats away and stay with her, with I had no intention of doing, so I was thrown into a frenzy of flat-hunting. As I'd suspected from web research before I came back, finding a place that would accept cats was extremely hard. While the bill racked up at the cattery I was turned down again and again, until I had pretty much decided just to lie about the cats. Then, towards the end of last week, I finally found three acceptable places - but none were immediately available. At which point my mother decided the cats could come back after all. [How do you spell manipulative?] Once they were back in the house and I've had time to think about renting with a cooler mind, I've decided to go ahead and buy instead. I'd already realized that this area of North London is very nice and very convenient for getting in town [despite the fact that I grew up here!] so it makes sense to live close to my mother for her remaining years and I can always move later. So now I'm in full home-hunting mode. It seems to be a good time to buy so I hope something comes up to fit the bill in the near future. In the meantime, I'm taking it day by day at my mother's house hoping she doesn't flare up again. At 92, she's very much with it so I don't think the moods are associated with any sort of dementia or aging process - she's just not an easy person to live with!! At least the sun is shining today ..!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 weeks back update

What mess.
that the right house comes along very soon for you and the kitties.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Good luck on the house hunting!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:50 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear CarolPat, sorry you have been having such a hard time, things are on the up for you.

I am going to stay with my family for a few days before I head off down south and my sister asked was I staying with my 82 year old mother...............I told her:

NNNOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYY

So I know where you are coming from................