5 weeks on

Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 weeks on

Been back 5 weeks today and i can honestly say its the best thing we ever did.
Got a van the week after we returned,hubby has been offered a job,and seen a house we like in Pateley Bridge,North yorks.
Done tons of hiking,all bear and cougar free,off camping next week,drooled over the food at ASDA,caught up with family and friends.
Th kids will stay off school til we get a house,maybe oct/nov time ,but im teaching them a bit at home.
The only thing i miss about canada is the big washer !! I could fit in 3 of my english size loads !.
Not given it much thought really,the true friends we made have kept in touch and the other one who was so hurtful (you know who you are....J.P) has ignored us completely .Done us a favour really,its been great to come back and choose who we get in touch with !
So for those of you thinking about returning,only you can decide,but as for us,its the right move.
By the way,when we were hiking in the dales,we were at the bottom of the valley,surrounded by the patchwork quilt fields,the farmers working ,the animals,and said to each other "theres no other place in all the world i would rather be"
that sums it up really.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 weeks on

Glad to see you've arrived safe and sound and you're very happy there
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishrose
Been back 5 weeks today and i can honestly say its the best thing we ever did.
Got a van the week after we returned,hubby has been offered a job,and seen a house we like in Pateley Bridge,North yorks.
Done tons of hiking,all bear and cougar free,off camping next week,drooled over the food at ASDA,caught up with family and friends.
Th kids will stay off school til we get a house,maybe oct/nov time ,but im teaching them a bit at home.
The only thing i miss about canada is the big washer !! I could fit in 3 of my english size loads !.
Not given it much thought really,the true friends we made have kept in touch and the other one who was so hurtful (you know who you are....J.P) has ignored us completely .Done us a favour really,its been great to come back and choose who we get in touch with !
So for those of you thinking about returning,only you can decide,but as for us,its the right move.
By the way,when we were hiking in the dales,we were at the bottom of the valley,surrounded by the patchwork quilt fields,the farmers working ,the animals,and said to each other "theres no other place in all the world i would rather be"
that sums it up really.
can u keep the kids off school? I didnt think it was allowed? shows i have been away too long
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to hear everything is working out brilliant for you all, good luck with it and please, pop in from time to time to let us know how your doing.

Lynne
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Stay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really nice

I pulled my daughter out of her horrendous school at the age of 13, due to bullying.
I also worked in the education sector so knowing who to ring and inform, which I did we did not get any support, help or advise!!

Also all the threats from her school saying we would have the authorities and police knocking, no, we did not see anyone, only if I contacted them!!

All children have a right to a "education" which my child did, she had home education, fantastic websites with all the help you need with info, contacts and advice. There is also a huge following of parents and their children going down this path! Also it gave me such a shock to find out how many children are actually being home educated and how many parents battling with the educational authorities who are too quick to jump on parents who have had to take these actions, but no support or advice to help them!!

One sad story from a child age 6 years tried to hang herself from the bullying she was receiving at school. She has come on leaps and bounds very happy, brilliant circle of friends, confident and enjoying learning again.

So no there isn't any law that states its illegal not to send a child to school but all children have the right to be "educated".

Best wishes to all
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
can u keep the kids off school? I didnt think it was allowed? shows i have been away too long
hi see "stays" post,thats how i understand it to be also.
And if i did get stopped with the kids whilst out and about,i still have our permanent residents cards from canada,so could say we were on holiday.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

gypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to behold

Oh how wonderful
We will be homeschooling too, yes its completely legal, Im always shocked people think it isnt!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Stay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really niceStay is just really nice

Hi Education Otherwise are fantastic.

When my daughter was out and about with me through school hours she always had her "get out of jail" free card

This is a card that explains to 'all and sundry' when stopped that she wasn't truant but a student that was being home educated :curse:

a little explanatory of what the card says ...........

My child is receiving education otherwise than at school in accordance with Section 7 of the 1996 Education Act and is out with my knowledge and consent. My child is not registered at a school and is not a truant.

My daughter loved wearing this she attached a bright pink lanyard, she looked very VIP.

I cannot thank Education Otherwise enough,

best wishes
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
Oh how wonderful
We will be homeschooling too, yes its completely legal, Im always shocked people think it isnt!
Well done gypsygirl, i just wished after my daughters finished their wonderfully, brilliant and fantastic Primary school, that I came straight into the home education environment. Good luck its not so daunting as people think
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:51 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishrose
drooled over the food at ASDA
You were obviously spending too much time in Safeway.