Wikiposts

3 months back in uk

Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 months back in uk

Originally Posted by brits1
I will not want to spend a "sunny" christmas abroad (when we are back home) for a long, long, time if ever!!!!
Jackie in Perth and it's warming up!!!
Here here! Us neither! I'm looking forward to my next British Christmas (hopefully 2008)... Oxford Street lights, Slade played over and over on Capital, Mince Pies and M&S Hamper, Ladbrook bookies announcing the odd's on whether we're going to get snow this year, half day on Christmas eve and a few bevvies in the pub with your work mates, last minute frantic shopping, sneaking the prezzies under the tree for the kids Christmas Eve from Father Christmas, the cold quiet streets on Christmas day, asty tie from Auntie what-her-name (it's the thought that counts!), Huge Roast, Brandy sauce, washing up piled to the ceiling, Monopoly and only fools and horses in the background, Pass out in front of the queens speech waring your paper crown.
I think it's great to experience different things like a hot Christmas - just not every year.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Hi all

Been a while since I was on site so thought i'd just send an update on life back in the UK.
I remember reading a post of yours months ago saying you were thinking of returning to the UK and you've been back 3 months already.

It was a great post and just wanted to wish you good luck in the future
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

looks lovely, nothing like round a table for xmas

sj x
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Thank you, I'm hoping for a sense of normality now, i suppose we all do when we go through the question of are we doing the right thing!, It does feel weird this time last year we were packing to go to aus, and here we are about to unload the containner again so soon!!!!, but i would not have it any other way.

, sj x

Originally Posted by crystal23
I remember reading a post of yours months ago saying you were thinking of returning to the UK and you've been back 3 months already.

It was a great post and just wanted to wish you good luck in the future
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

sarah-jayne,
Really great & honest post. Glad you are getting sorted & settled
Old Oct 20th 2007, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Overall what i love most about being home is it home, and feels like i belong here. Its cheesy but it i do love the sense of humour, the patter, the beautiful greenary, countryside, fresh air, shopping, oh my god, i'm still amased walking round tesco in a daze as it gets a bigger variety of stock everytime i'm in. I love the trends, the bars and old pubs the scottish traditional party's, and the simple little things like being round my brothers slagging him off for one thing or another, priceless.

sarah-jayne x[/QUOTE]

:
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheer up mags.
I saw your post on britvics about emily and lorna, school issues, look first things first tell hannah montana's mum to stop baking cookies and get a life and emily Is very talented , those girls are jealous and see her as a threat as the ausies are very competitive, so dont worry about it, it will pass. I know how you must be feeling , chin up. Thinking of you .
oh and as for Lornas accent, tell her not to change it for anything its lovely
mail me for a chat.

take care

love sj x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:04 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne

cheer up mags.
I saw your post on britvics about emily and lorna, school issues, look first things first tell hannah montana's mum to stop baking cookies and get a life and emily Is very talented , those girls are jealous and see her as a threat as the ausies are very competitive, so dont worry about it, it will pass. I know how you must be feeling , chin up. Thinking of you .
oh and as for Lornas accent, tell her not to change it for anything its lovely
mail me for a chat.

take care

love sj x

Thanx sj, i am so glad you and thomas are doing fine, but i knew you both would back in bonnie scotland, you both have the drive and the savvy to do ok no matter what. I was a bit shaken to see you post, dunno why i kinda thought you had abondoned us all, or were trying to put the whole experience behind you, us included., so it was lovely to hear from you, we were at a britvic meet a couple of weeks ago and missiemo was asking after you, i know it probably all seems surreal to you now, but we do exist, honest, lol

Don;t think any of our accentsl will ever change, coz we keep getting bloody scottishe visitors, lol, if you read britvics you will know we ave had our latest visitors for abou 6-7 weeks and they have secured a rental near us, but for how long???????? thats one thing i've learned from coming here people come and go VERY quickly, not like home where your cannie get rid of the buggers, lol

Take care and please drop us the odd note, love the mccluskey's

Last edited by Margaret3; Oct 22nd 2007 at 1:10 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Margaret3;5453542] i kinda thought you had abondoned us all, or were trying to put the whole experience behind you, us included., so it was lovely to hear from you,

Hi Mags

Dont be daft, have not forgot about you all, just dont have any internet at the inlaws so i'm scamming on it at work at the mo. For a while i purposly stayed off the sites as was not sure how we would settle and did not want to be pining for aus as knew we would miss certain things and of course the great friends we met. Know we are settling down it seems that i can cope with reading the sites again. When we move in 2 weeks in new house, i'll be online more often.
I'll pm you

take care

luv the molloy's x
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah-Jayne

Just found your thread, had seen you a few times on Britvics when you were about to leave Oz.

Really pleased things have worked out for you back in the UK and that you now feel where you should be.

We've been here 10 months now, enjoy it on the whole but miss people back home. Just a pity Oz and the UK can't be a bit closer together!

Good Luck!
Kim
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Kim

Yeah I know, it was just too far for our parents to travel as dont keep well etc

good luck for future kim, glad ur enjoying it

sj x