20 quid notes

Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

BlightyBoy is on a distinguished road
Default 20 quid notes

I have a bunch of the old 20 pound notes and am wondering if they will still be accepted when I go to the UK seeing as they have new ones now?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 quid notes

Originally Posted by BlightyBoy
I have a bunch of the old 20 pound notes and am wondering if they will still be accepted when I go to the UK seeing as they have new ones now?
not in stores, but head straight to the closest bank and they will swap em out and give you shiny new ones
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:12 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

They're not 20 quid notes that have been dyed black, and all you need to do is wash the ink out of them, are they?

"As with all Bank of England notes, they can always be exchanged for their face value at the Bank in London."

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/bankn...enty/index.htm

Always?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

I've got about 400 quids worth and I'm going to the UK in 12 days. There the ones with Edward Elgar on the back. According to the Bank of England website they're still legal tender.

They better be...
Old Mar 7th 2008, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

AngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really niceAngloDreamer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pharrya
I've got about 400 quids worth and I'm going to the UK in 12 days. There the ones with Edward Elgar on the back. According to the Bank of England website they're still legal tender.

They better be...

Nah they're rubbish, I'll give ya $50 for them.