2 week update .

Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 week update .

Originally Posted by king kong
hopefully one day it will be your turn polly. xx
Thanks
x
Old Dec 6th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2 week update .

at the moment im in swindon , but am going between birmingham ,portsmouth ,london at the moment . Mainly due to work doing concrete bases for static caravans , not bad work to be honest the pay is quite abysmal compared to what i was earning in aussie but to be truthful as long as i have enough i dont give a monkeys .
Where ill end up permanently i dont know as just about anywhere at the moment is appealing .
I wont go on about the weather but ill give u a clue it starts with a capital R , but who cares .
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want a static caravan soooooooooooooo much lol love the sound of the rain pounding down on the tin roofs lol.....Was raining here today but been hot so was a nice for a change we have been to the santa parade with my brother and his wife who are over for a Christmas in the sun this year and they thought they were back in the UK when it was raining as we watched santa drive by lol.................
Well Mr Kong onwards and upwards the skys the limit for you now....
Cally xxx
Old Dec 6th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're settling in nicely.

Great to be back eh?

All the best and I hope your son will be with you soon x
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

stevbar is an unknown quantity at this point

well i made it after about 18 years of procrastination and i shall hold back on the godzoner type ''oh its fantastic '' ,''best move ever '' stuff .
But i am glad to be home and thats what i came back for and there is no need to go on about the pub life ,the chocolate box villages , the busy busy of the place .
i could pick on a few negatives but to be honest i think a lot of that is my own doing after all i have been away from this country for 18 years and slotting back into the system ,i have found frustrating but most of that is done now but it took me almost 2 weeks to sort tax, NI , bank cards ,pin numbers , vehicle , ecte cetc .
i wont bang on about the xmas lights etcetc , itll make you poor buggers who are sweating yer conkers off in aussie coming up to xmas a bit jealous .
Honestly though and i know its very early early days ,its good to be home ,just one regret my 21 year old lad is still in aussie but he has to make the choice .
KK
hi kk glad to hear your working hope every thingworks out ok have you got down to the Bridge yet
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

psb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nice

well i made it after about 18 years of procrastination and i shall hold back on the godzoner type ''oh its fantastic '' ,''best move ever '' stuff .
But i am glad to be home and thats what i came back for and there is no need to go on about the pub life ,the chocolate box villages , the busy busy of the place .
i could pick on a few negatives but to be honest i think a lot of that is my own doing after all i have been away from this country for 18 years and slotting back into the system ,i have found frustrating but most of that is done now but it took me almost 2 weeks to sort tax, NI , bank cards ,pin numbers , vehicle , ecte cetc .
i wont bang on about the xmas lights etcetc , itll make you poor buggers who are sweating yer conkers off in aussie coming up to xmas a bit jealous .
Honestly though and i know its very early early days ,its good to be home ,just one regret my 21 year old lad is still in aussie but he has to make the choice .
KK
Glad to hear your happy to be back I have been back 2 yrs from the states after 23 years there and very happy to be home,have 2 kids in the states but one of them came in july to visit and coming again next year too,chat all the time on facebook so you still can keep in touch,good luck mate
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Eton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud ofEton_Rifle has much to be proud of

All the best Kong
I will be back in the UK permanently on the 16th after 6 years in the US (feels like a lifetime).
Glad I got my dual citizenship and it has been an experience I wouldn't take back but wouldn't do again. I think everything happens for a reason, now I've been there done it and don't have to get 20 years down the line wondering what if?
Its stressful as hell right now getting to the final stages of the move but I can't wait to get back on the 16th grab a cup of tea and go aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.
Then go Christmas shopping lol.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevbar
hi kk glad to hear your working hope every thingworks out ok have you got down to the Bridge yet
Bet KK was glad he did not "go up" to Eastlands...sorry KK that was an early Chirstmas Pressie for me....it was 37 (felt even hotter) in Perth yesterday our older son turned round to me and said he would rather work in rain,frost,snow...than this heat...lol...he has a point....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

That's brill news mate so glad you've made it back home especially after so much time! That must be really weird!! I would love to go home too ( from near Worcester) maybe next year - have been back and forth now 3 times!! Must be mad
well all the very best to you mate - you deserve a bloody medal for putting up with it for so long!!
Dan
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of

Good to see you're back in one piece and things are starting to slot into place; probably a bit of reverse culture shock kicking in.

We're heading back this Friday and will initially be in Calne down the road from you.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back KK!!!

Bet its all a little wierd?!!

what are you doing for Xmas?

send us your mobile (number, not the phone!) Bet the days are going by far quicker here - that was one thing i really noticed

Chrissy
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Hope your getting a chance to sit back and take it easy.. cheers
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:12 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by psb1821962
Glad to hear your happy to be back I have been back 2 yrs from the states after 23 years there and very happy to be home,have 2 kids in the states but one of them came in july to visit and coming again next year too,chat all the time on facebook so you still can keep in touch,good luck mate
WOW, 23 years. I'm always fascinated by people relocating 'home' after all that time. Can I ask what makes you so much happier in the UK and settled? Is it just home?

I hope we have the courage and resolve to get moved back this year. I'm more than ready and prepared for crazy traffic, rain, busy work schedules, stressful renting, house buying, job finding, school finding, daycare finding and all the wondrous bits too......
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:33 am
Just Joined

psb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
WOW, 23 years. I'm always fascinated by people relocating 'home' after all that time. Can I ask what makes you so much happier in the UK and settled? Is it just home?

I hope we have the courage and resolve to get moved back this year. I'm more than ready and prepared for crazy traffic, rain, busy work schedules, stressful renting, house buying, job finding, school finding, daycare finding and all the wondrous bits too......
You mention courage and resolve and that's just fine but humans only do things for either pleasure or pain and I guess for a long time the pleasure was in my mind to want to move back but the pain wasn't enough to make me move back.

My main reason for being happier now is people mostly family but also I was working myself to an early grave in the states,things are so much more laid back here in that depertment and people have a life other than work.I did have relationship issues that didn't make it easier there as well which you may not have and I still do have some great friends over there.

I now have come to LOVE the weather in the UK as it's not so severe i.e. never too hot in summer and not too cold in winter,I also have an interest that you may not share that I couldn't do over there which is match fishing,yes you can fish in the states but it's totally different to match and competition fishing.

Lastly but not least health care and knowing that you WILL be taken care of in your later years and the fact theres a safty net here that there isnt in the states,these are my people here I never felt that in the states although all my friends never made me feel like a foriegner quite the opposite really but I knew I was different and not one of them,almost like I didn't really belong there I dont know it's just a funny feeling you get when your home and I KNOW this is where I belong.

Have 2 grown children in the states who were born there and they do belong there and that part is hard but we can still see eachother and comunicate all the time

hope that helps
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

I wont go on about the weather but ill give u a clue it starts with a capital R , but who cares .
It has been wetter than usual..honest!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Hi KK and welcome home!Its very stressful moving is'nt it?All the crap you have to get through ect,very tiring as well!Hope all goes well for you and I wish you all the best for a happy future too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.