Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

2 months home and loving it!

Wikiposts

2 months home and loving it!

Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 months home and loving it!

I am currently having a BIG attack of homesickness, & I live in the Cayman Islands.....

SUPPOSED to be "paradise"

What I wouldn't give for a nice half of cider in my local beer garden with my pals around & my little girl playing on the slides

Hell, I would swap that for a sun drenched beach with swaying palm trees anyday

Hence my planning to leave this so called utopia & return to sunny West Yorkshire
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

clairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bugman
I have to say i am rather envious of you. marraige has brought me to the USA but the devonshire coutryside is amongst my favourite parts of the world. A good beer and a scone with some proper clotted cream, need i say more??

good luck with everything.
An update on my original post; 3 months home and we have just got an offer accepted on a house and the mortgage is offer is through - we are happier than we have ever been!

Have some Aussie friends over to visit this weekend and they think Devon is amazing and can't believe we gave this up for Melbourne!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairemoir
An update on my original post; 3 months home and we have just got an offer accepted on a house and the mortgage is offer is through - we are happier than we have ever been!

Have some Aussie friends over to visit this weekend and they think Devon is amazing and can't believe we gave this up for Melbourne!
devon is one of the nicer bits of the UK, i'll still never quite understand a kiwi friend who visited cornwall and felt it was all a big grim! manchester maybe, cornwall, no way. well done on the house BTW!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caymanite
I am currently having a BIG attack of homesickness, & I live in the Cayman Islands.....

SUPPOSED to be "paradise"

What I wouldn't give for a nice half of cider in my local beer garden with my pals around & my little girl playing on the slides

Hell, I would swap that for a sun drenched beach with swaying palm trees anyday

Hence my planning to leave this so called utopia & return to sunny West Yorkshire
homesicknes is a horrid thing.

as nice as things can be here west of chicago theres still nothing to beat those pleasant afternoons out in the UK, it really does have an atmosphere all of its own (well as much as anyones old home has its own recognisable atmosphere), i went to a rather fun filled 'family friendly' festival last week end in st charles, great food to be had (polish, greek) and some good live performances and 1000's of people but alas it was sponsored by miller and only millers various vile offeringes were available on street so to speak, i had to go into various bars to try and get something better, and even then its not very good, i do miss the freely available excellent ales of the UK, really makes a good time even better.

half a real cider would have been a treat!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:17 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairemoir

Congratulations - especially on the mortgage. They are hard to come by these days.