Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

2 months home and loving it!

Wikiposts

2 months home and loving it!

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:11 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 months home and loving it!

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
KEBAB!!! and you have the audacity to complain about ready meals!!!
yes i know, but only when I'm pissed. the best thing in the world!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:12 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
yes i know, but only when I'm pissed. the best thing in the world!
Not to mention the chemicals in the beer
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:14 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to mention the chemicals in the beer
Not in British beer, heaven forbid! Only good things in that

Glad to hear you are happy Flea, I am genuinely pleased!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:26 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Not in British beer, heaven forbid! Only good things in that

Glad to hear you are happy Flea, I am genuinely pleased!
Thank you
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:45 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mary1967UK
I completely agree - one hell of an experience, but at least we know the grass isn't greener
4 months home in ireland and loving every minute of it, even better having this lovely sunny weather and long evenings and no mossies. got to love it

How are you doing Mary
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Glad everything is going well.

I can't wait to get back to N.Ireland, we're still waiting on jobs coming up though.

Need to be realistic, not much point in leaving 2 good jobs here to come back to nothing.

I hope to post the same sort of thread when we're eventually back in the land of normality.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

michmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by clairemoir
After 2 months of being home I have never been happier or appreciated England so much!

Hubby and I went to OZ on a bit of a whim its wasn't a life long dream just an opportunity that came up last year and we thought, what the hell lets try it!!

After 9 months that I pretty much hated every minute of, we finally said enough is enough and came home. Its cost us a large wad of cash we had for a deposit to buy a house - but - it was worth every penny!

I can't say I regretted going to Oz as I feel I have learnt a lot from our trip;

1) me & hubby can pretty much survive anythig if we survived that - our relationship is so strong now!
2) You have to live life to appreciate it and the more you experience the better life is
3) I love england and my time away gave me a clearer view of my home and how much there is to love here!

So I just wanted to share my experience with everyone that in thinking about coming home. We now spend every weekend enjoying the country side and making the most of what england has to offer!

Thanks for sharing. It's great to hear most people returning to UK seem to be very happy with it. I am on countdown (4 months to go) until our return, so it's nice to hear positive experiences at a time when I am very up and down.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

The longer i am home the more i realise what an arse end of the planet Australia is. Dont much care if anyone agrees or not. For me it was the most boring, backward thinking, dullsville i could imagine. :
It's not that good
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdunx
It's not that good
Hee hee

I'm another returnee. Came back 18 or so months ago - a very good idea indeed.
Still loving being back in this great country. So so much to see and do, loveliest countryside, brill humour - knocks the spots of Oz in my book.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 3:53 am
Just Joined

Mary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Baby75
4 months home in ireland and loving every minute of it, even better having this lovely sunny weather and long evenings and no mossies. got to love it

How are you doing Mary

Hey Niamh!!!

Long time no speak I'm very rarely on the pc these days - by the time i get home from work i'm completely knackered and the kids have hijacked the pc!

Great to hear things are going well for you and you're enjoying life again. Oz is an experience i think neither of us will ever forget

We moved in to our own house yesterday, think i'm still in shock The removal people finally arrived with our furniture, 75 boxes in total We couldn't move for boxes and paper I think the kids had forgotten what we'd orginally sent over to Oz, so it was like Christmas all over again! Makes up for the crap one we had in Perth!!!

Our animals are due to fly back on the 30th June and my OH has finally booked his ticket to come home on the 3rd July

I've no regrets about coming home because England is home. I found the first few months difficult when i got back, but only because i was suddenly on my own having to cope with two kids and find work as well. Just over 5 months later i've bought a house, got a full time job that i love and, more importantly, i've got two happy kids. In just under a month my hubby and the animals will be home and then i'll finally be able to put Oz behind me.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:09 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hey Niamh!!!

Long time no speak I'm very rarely on the pc these days - by the time i get home from work i'm completely knackered and the kids have hijacked the pc!

Great to hear things are going well for you and you're enjoying life again. Oz is an experience i think neither of us will ever forget

We moved in to our own house yesterday, think i'm still in shock The removal people finally arrived with our furniture, 75 boxes in total We couldn't move for boxes and paper I think the kids had forgotten what we'd orginally sent over to Oz, so it was like Christmas all over again! Makes up for the crap one we had in Perth!!!

Our animals are due to fly back on the 30th June and my OH has finally booked his ticket to come home on the 3rd July

I've no regrets about coming home because England is home. I found the first few months difficult when i got back, but only because i was suddenly on my own having to cope with two kids and find work as well. Just over 5 months later i've bought a house, got a full time job that i love and, more importantly, i've got two happy kids. In just under a month my hubby and the animals will be home and then i'll finally be able to put Oz behind me.

I'm delighted to hear all is going well at last for you, Ill never forget our time in Australia ever sometimes its tinged with very painful memories and I know exactly were I want to be now.

Congrats on moving in to the new house and the job and I bet you cant wait to see DH now not long we definitely wont see or here from you for a while then
That's brilliant I bet you cant wait to have him home and the animals whoo hoo delighted I was only thinking it was around now he was returning.

its exactly a year now this time last year we were on a plane to Singapore

I'm so excited for you and really am delighted that you are OK and happy be proud you have done so well the last couple of months oh and rob the PC from the girls so we can hear more from you
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Mary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Baby75
I'm delighted to hear all is going well at last for you, Ill never forget our time in Australia ever sometimes its tinged with very painful memories and I know exactly were I want to be now.

Congrats on moving in to the new house and the job and I bet you cant wait to see DH now not long we definitely wont see or here from you for a while then
That's brilliant I bet you cant wait to have him home and the animals whoo hoo delighted I was only thinking it was around now he was returning.

its exactly a year now this time last year we were on a plane to Singapore

I'm so excited for you and really am delighted that you are OK and happy be proud you have done so well the last couple of months oh and rob the PC from the girls so we can hear more from you

Can't believe it was a year ago from when you first went over If only we'd known what we do now!!!

I keep meaning to get in touch with Nic to find out how she's doing - she fought so long and hard to get to Oz, I just hope it's working out for her.

I'm on countdown for getting my OH home - i've managed to book a long weekend off when he gets back, unfortunately i can't get rid of the kids

I'm currently drowning in a sea of boxes but at least i've got internet connection and unlimited downloads
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:40 am

Can't believe it was a year ago from when you first went over If only we'd known what we do now!!!

I keep meaning to get in touch with Nic to find out how she's doing - she fought so long and hard to get to Oz, I just hope it's working out for her.

I'm on countdown for getting my OH home - i've managed to book a long weekend off when he gets back, unfortunately i can't get rid of the kids

I'm currently drowning in a sea of boxes but at least i've got internet connection and unlimited downloads
I know were has the year gone actually were has time gone sicne we came home it flying by and not dragging any more LOL

Nic is doing well and enjoying her self so far dont think they have jobs yet but they are ok, she is still in great form. she was only asking me the other day had I heard from you

Oh Nic got hers as well LOL those boxes will keep you really busy.
send your girls off to the cinema

I hear you on the internet and good tv not that I get a chance to watch it with the kids
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Oh here you two are and talking about me!!!

Glad things are turning out well for you two. Life for us great and we are having a ball. Every day I wake up happy which I hope is the same for you two.

I'm very pleased that your OH is coming home soon Mary. You will have a lot of catching up to do!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh here you two are and talking about me!!!

Glad things are turning out well for you two. Life for us great and we are having a ball. Every day I wake up happy which I hope is the same for you two.

I'm very pleased that your OH is coming home soon Mary. You will have a lot of catching up to do!

Its all good hun

Thanks Nic as long as we are all happy eh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.