Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

2 months home and loving it!

Wikiposts

2 months home and loving it!

Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

deadlock will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2 months home and loving it!

HI ALL, I'VE BEEN IN OZ 2.5 YEARS NOW AND I'M PLANNING MY RETURN TO THE MOTHERSHIP, I CANT WAIT! I HAD ALL THESE NOTIONS OF OZ BEING PARADISE BUT ITS FAR FROM THAT,IT REALLY HAS MADE ME REALISE HOW GOOD ENGLAND IS !
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:04 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deadlock
HI ALL, I'VE BEEN IN OZ 2.5 YEARS NOW AND I'M PLANNING MY RETURN TO THE MOTHERSHIP, I CANT WAIT! I HAD ALL THESE NOTIONS OF OZ BEING PARADISE BUT ITS FAR FROM THAT,IT REALLY HAS MADE ME REALISE HOW GOOD ENGLAND IS !
good luck with your return when are you hoping to Land
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

deadlock will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Baby75
good luck with your return when are you hoping to Land
thanks,will be a few months yet have to sort a few things out first
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Its all good hun

Thanks Nic as long as we are all happy eh
That's what we are all after. Sometimes it just takes a very circuitous route to find it. Now you both will have to promise to come and see me if you ever come back to Aus for a holiday! We will probably go back to the UK for a holiday in a couple of years so I might just turn up on your doorsteps.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:02 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's what we are all after. Sometimes it just takes a very circuitous route to find it. Now you both will have to promise to come and see me if you ever come back to Aus for a holiday! We will probably go back to the UK for a holiday in a couple of years so I might just turn up on your doorsteps.

If we ever return illbe up your way for sure Nic or if you go back for a trip we can do a meet up in the UK ill pop over
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:29 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

4 months home in ireland and loving every minute of it, even better having this lovely sunny weather and long evenings and no mossies. got to love it

How are you doing Mary
I cant believe the one week i went to Florida the weather was warm here!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Londonuck
I cant believe the one week i went to Florida the weather was warm here!

It was fab 28 degrees here one of the days, couldn't believe it was Florida nice its always hot. the weather is meant to be good this summer you will be in the perfect spot
Old Jun 8th 2009, 2:44 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

It was fab 28 degrees here one of the days, couldn't believe it was Florida nice its always hot. the weather is meant to be good this summer you will be in the perfect spot
We were very lucky cos they've just had the wettest May on record in mid Florida. But we had wall to wall sunshine, apart from a couple of thunderstorms, which meant sitting in the bar with a bucket of buds waiting for it to stop. We flew from Belfast and it was £360 each for the week with accomm. Most hotels round International Drive are about 50 bucks a night at the mo. Really enjoyed the States this time. The Obama effect seems to of made a much nicer vibe over there at the mo.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 3:25 am

We were very lucky cos they've just had the wettest May on record in mid Florida. But we had wall to wall sunshine, apart from a couple of thunderstorms, which meant sitting in the bar with a bucket of buds waiting for it to stop. We flew from Belfast and it was £360 each for the week with accomm. Most hotels round International Drive are about 50 bucks a night at the mo. Really enjoyed the States this time. The Obama effect seems to of made a much nicer vibe over there at the mo.
sounds like a lovely break that a great price as well might look in to a trip away my self , I love thunderstorms LOL we were in lovely wicklow yesterday getting lost in Devils Glenn great fun
Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:20 pm
Éireann go Brách

sounds like a lovely break that a great price as well might look in to a trip away my self , I love thunderstorms LOL we were in lovely wicklow yesterday getting lost in Devils Glenn great fun
It was a great week we really enjoyed it. Spent two days at Cocoa Beach on the Atlantic coast for my bday. Defo look for deals out of Belfast its much cheaper than the Euro. We met a couple of old fellas outside starbucks. One of them was an 80 year old Italian American telling me he once went to an Irish dinner party, it was seven courses - A potato and a six pack. Man we laughed.

God we're missing that heat. You really notice how much fresher it is over here even compared with London.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:37 pm

It was a great week we really enjoyed it. Spent two days at Cocoa Beach on the Atlantic coast for my bday. Defo look for deals out of Belfast its much cheaper than the Euro. We met a couple of old fellas outside starbucks. One of them was an 80 year old Italian American telling me he once went to an Irish dinner party, it was seven courses - A potato and a six pack. Man we laughed. very good

God we're missing that heat. You really notice how much fresher it is over here even compared with London.

Ill try that there is a dinosaur show on across the UK and America and our son wants to go so seeing what we can do for him he loves them. we tried from Dublin to Manchester and got quoted 900 euro with BMI mad or what

ya see now we are never happy with the weather LOL hopefully we get this summer they are promising and be kilt with the heat

Oh Happy Birthday
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairemoir
After 2 months of being home I have never been happier or appreciated England so much!

Hubby and I went to OZ on a bit of a whim its wasn't a life long dream just an opportunity that came up last year and we thought, what the hell lets try it!!

After 9 months that I pretty much hated every minute of, we finally said enough is enough and came home. Its cost us a large wad of cash we had for a deposit to buy a house - but - it was worth every penny!

I can't say I regretted going to Oz as I feel I have learnt a lot from our trip;

1) me & hubby can pretty much survive anythig if we survived that - our relationship is so strong now!
2) You have to live life to appreciate it and the more you experience the better life is
3) I love england and my time away gave me a clearer view of my home and how much there is to love here!

So I just wanted to share my experience with everyone that in thinking about coming home. We now spend every weekend enjoying the country side and making the most of what england has to offer!
I have to say i am rather envious of you. marraige has brought me to the USA but the devonshire coutryside is amongst my favourite parts of the world. A good beer and a scone with some proper clotted cream, need i say more??

good luck with everything.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:05 am
never settled

S E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Good for you. I feel pretty much the same, although we made the mistake of staying there 7yrs

The longer i am home the more i realise what an arse end of the planet Australia is. Dont much care if anyone agrees or not. For me it was the most boring, backward thinking, dullsville i could imagine.

Hope you go from strength to strength in years to come
What a pile of shit, you obviously settled in the desert, well I'm happy your back in the UK
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:00 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by S E A N
What a pile of shit, you obviously settled in the desert, well I'm happy your back in the UK
Each to their own!

Carol
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:04 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S E A N
Well you presume too much. Central Sydney actually.

And if i think its a dumphole I am entitled to after 7yrs there. I truly dont give a shit what you think! And believe me, after the amount of karma i got after this post, i am definitely not the only one who thinks this way.

Oh..and i'm also VERY happy to be back in UK...

Last edited by Fleaflyfloflum; Jun 9th 2009 at 2:07 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.