2 Months back already!

Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 Months back already!

I must apologize to all on here. I promised to keep in constant contact when I returned but I haven't. Is it because life here is horrid and I am too embarrassed to admit my mistake - NO.. We are still having a ball.

for those that don't know my story: We sold up and left Melbourne after 3 1/2 years back in December. We spent 6 weeks touring Australia, Thailand and Bruno and had a fantastic time. We arrived in the UK January 25th and I have to say that I have only had one hour where I wondered if I had done the correct thing.

We managed to find work very easily. I am now working 3,4 days a week part time fitting fairly well around the school. The work is fun and varied and the pay is good! Hubby is still contracting at a stupidly high rate. They are looking at extended his contract or taking him on full time soon.

We are still living with my mother and the 3 girls have accepted to share a room. We looked into rented but we have taken the plunge and brought a house. We are hoping to move in a few weeks although the vendors keep changing their minds if they are selling every now and then:curse: the contracts are nearly ready to sign so fingers crossed.

I am going out running 3 days a week in the countryside. I am managing about 4 miles at the moment. I haven't been mugged yet

The girls have settled very well at school and the only issues are that they are finding the work too easy There was some dumb kid that brought a knife in last week and the police were called straight away to deal with it. Apart from that they are having a ball. The eldest who began to hate school in Australia is now trying 100% she is proud of her work again and is hoping to go to Oxford uni in many, many years! time to save I think.

House prices are impossible and I really wish that we had kept ours many years ago as it would be a fantastic investment. Saying that we like many have managed to get back on the ladder. Luckily we still had a little inheritance tied up in property which is being released. The house that we are buying is in a small village near Watership down. There is a primary and secondary school here plus a pub

My social life is now awesome. The pubs are brilliant. We often start an evening in one playing pool then we head to the up market wine bars. We always seem to end up at the same dodgy, dark pub that is fast becoming a local to us. The music is great and the people so friendly, you can just chill out before heading home. I am now going out so much that my kids complain that they never see me! My relationship with my family is brilliant and my sister and I have become firm buddies again. We are off to Scotland next week. 2 adults and 7 children, thank goodness for these holiday parks that provide entertainment.

I don't regret my move to Australia although it nearly cost me my marriage. Luckily I managed to persuade hubby to come back before I really became a moody cow... since being back he has never had a regret. He enjoys work, socializing (sometimes even with me) and our marriage is stronger than ever. I do miss living in Sassafras but not the fear of bush fires and the damp in the winter. lack of heating, flies and all the rest that came with it. I am so content now that I am home though.

I wish all of you coming back the best of luck. I also hope that those still in limbo can soon find a place to call home! I know England isn't for everyone and I hope that those people can settle and be as happy as I am.xx
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:25 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 Months back already!

Fantastic news that you're doing so well back HOME!!!!!!!

I bet the weather will be picking up soon and you've got daffs everywhere and the hedgerows are looking beautiful? It'll be summer before you know it, long summer evenings without mozzies and flies, sat in a beer garden drinking proper beer, in a country village...heaven!

You took the gamble of coming here, and you've taken the gamble of going home. I'm so happy for you that this last one is paying off big time. Long may it continue for you all.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:26 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I must apologize to all on here. I promised to keep in constant contact when I returned but I haven't. Is it because life here is horrid and I am too embarrassed to admit my mistake - NO.. We are still having a ball.

for those that don't know my story: We sold up and left Melbourne after 3 1/2 years back in December. We spent 6 weeks touring Australia, Thailand and Bruno and had a fantastic time. We arrived in the UK January 25th and I have to say that I have only had one hour where I wondered if I had done the correct thing.

We managed to find work very easily. I am now working 3,4 days a week part time fitting fairly well around the school. The work is fun and varied and the pay is good! Hubby is still contracting at a stupidly high rate. They are looking at extended his contract or taking him on full time soon.

We are still living with my mother and the 3 girls have accepted to share a room. We looked into rented but we have taken the plunge and brought a house. We are hoping to move in a few weeks although the vendors keep changing their minds if they are selling every now and then:curse: the contracts are nearly ready to sign so fingers crossed.

I am going out running 3 days a week in the countryside. I am managing about 4 miles at the moment. I haven't been mugged yet

The girls have settled very well at school and the only issues are that they are finding the work too easy There was some dumb kid that brought a knife in last week and the police were called straight away to deal with it. Apart from that they are having a ball. The eldest who began to hate school in Australia is now trying 100% she is proud of her work again and is hoping to go to Oxford uni in many, many years! time to save I think.

House prices are impossible and I really wish that we had kept ours many years ago as it would be a fantastic investment. Saying that we like many have managed to get back on the ladder. Luckily we still had a little inheritance tied up in property which is being released. The house that we are buying is in a small village near Watership down. There is a primary and secondary school here plus a pub

My social life is now awesome. The pubs are brilliant. We often start an evening in one playing pool then we head to the up market wine bars. We always seem to end up at the same dodgy, dark pub that is fast becoming a local to us. The music is great and the people so friendly, you can just chill out before heading home. I am now going out so much that my kids complain that they never see me! My relationship with my family is brilliant and my sister and I have become firm buddies again. We are off to Scotland next week. 2 adults and 7 children, thank goodness for these holiday parks that provide entertainment.

I don't regret my move to Australia although it nearly cost me my marriage. Luckily I managed to persuade hubby to come back before I really became a moody cow... since being back he has never had a regret. He enjoys work, socializing (sometimes even with me) and our marriage is stronger than ever. I do miss living in Sassafras but not the fear of bush fires and the damp in the winter. lack of heating, flies and all the rest that came with it. I am so content now that I am home though.

I wish all of you coming back the best of luck. I also hope that those still in limbo can soon find a place to call home! I know England isn't for everyone and I hope that those people can settle and be as happy as I am.xx

Hi Woody - brilliant post and great to hear that you are so happy and things are going so well for you. Keep enjoying - England is great isn't it?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LouiseD
. Keep enjoying - England is great isn't it?
Oh stop it!!! Us lot are still stuck over here at the arse end of the planet!!
The weathers turning colder, so here comes the winter in a cold house with draughty windows and no central heating! Go hug a radiator and have a little pity for us eh?!!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:35 am

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh stop it!!! Us lot are still stuck over here at the arse end of the planet!!
The weathers turning colder, so here comes the winter in a cold house with draughty windows and no central heating! Go hug a radiator and have a little pity for us eh?!!!
Hi Tracey - sorry, don't mean to rub it in .

I won't mention the lovely spring sunrises, chirping birds, country lanes and walks.

I'd better shut up hadn't I?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

I won't mention the lovely spring sunrises, chirping birds, country lanes and walks.

This is not the laughter of the amused, it is of the hysterical

Get me out of here, arghhhhhhhh
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:47 am
Account Closed

That's it.....you've really gone too far now woman!!!! I'm off to put my head in the oven
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks

This is not the laughter of the amused, it is of the hysterical

Get me out of here, arghhhhhhhh
How long have you got left to serve Rosie???
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:05 am

That's it.....you've really gone too far now woman!!!! I'm off to put my head in the oven
Don't do it Tracey!!! Your time will hopefully come soon
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm sure Rosie has already gone back to UK...am i right?

Well done to you WoodyinOz, you can change your name now
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to rub it in too. I have just finished a 6.6 mile run in the countryside. I had 6 cars pass me and only saw 1 piece of litter. The birds are singing their little hearts out and the woodpeckers are busy in the tree's. The trees are just starting to bud and the fields are a bright green. All the spring flowers are out and the animals are all wearing 'do not disturb, bonkathon in action signs' the girls had a sex ed lesson Sunday curtesy of a bull.

Today I woke to scape a small layer of ice off the window. I am now sitting here wearing a t. shirt with the sun shining. I think that it ended up being 17degs yesterday.

Well I had better jump in the bath before my sister comes around for lunch and chills in the garden with me . Tracey you will be here soon. At least you have given it a good go so you should have no regrets - hopefully
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

We don't get gas here
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Have been given a life sentence , thanks to the Aussie Hubby .

But, I hope to at least get back to the UK for a decent amount of time soon
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
Have been given a life sentence , thanks to the Aussie Hubby .

)
My deepest sympathies to you

Not about being married to an Aussie though !!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Sorry to rub it in too. I have just finished a 6.6 mile run in the countryside. I had 6 cars pass me and only saw 1 piece of litter. The birds are singing their little hearts out and the woodpeckers are busy in the tree's. The trees are just starting to bud and the fields are a bright green. All the spring flowers are out and the animals are all wearing 'do not disturb, bonkathon in action signs' the girls had a sex ed lesson Sunday curtesy of a bull.

Today I woke to scape a small layer of ice off the window. I am now sitting here wearing a t. shirt with the sun shining. I think that it ended up being 17degs yesterday.

Well I had better jump in the bath before my sister comes around for lunch and chills in the garden with me . Tracey you will be here soon. At least you have given it a good go so you should have no regrets - hopefully
Okay okay you lot.....enough already!!!

I've just discovered today, I MIGHT be home by Christmas 2008. I HOPE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.