Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The 1st thing u will do when you get back??

The 1st thing u will do when you get back??

Old May 30th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all
Smile The 1st thing u will do when you get back??

Have been pondering or should I say fantasying, what's the first thng I will do when I get back to the UK???? CRY probably! then panic and maybe cry some more and then hopefully I will fall in love all over again (with UK)

Then I am going to find the nearest M&S and buy some decent knickers! Book myself in for a facial at the nearest Clarins and get settled into a hotel and get on the phone and start ringing everyone with a bloody large vodka and bitter lemon (loads of ice) in my hand!! Of course hubby and kids will be with me, kids will no doubt be charging up all their electrical gadgets and hubby will be trawling the papers etc for second hand cars, antiques, auction rooms, carboots and such like, absolute heaven I'm loving it!

(If there is any justice in the world Hubby would have found the nearest Thorntons shop and bought me a supply of Belgium continentals - bless)

What would you do.....?
Old May 30th 2008, 12:16 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 1st thing u will do when you get back??

After phoning DD in Brighton, and seeing Aged Ones, I'll be off for a walk, probably along the river and through the woods at Chatsworth.....even if it's raining!
Old May 30th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Head down the chippy for chunky curry sauce and chips.

Then phone up my closest girl friends, get dressed up and head into London town for some drinks at a swanky wine/champagne bar.

Possibly not in that order as I wouldnt want to look fat in for my night out with the girls.

Last edited by Mountain Girl; May 30th 2008 at 2:23 pm. Reason: I am not heading back just day dreaming :-)
Old May 30th 2008, 4:43 pm
Banned

Globalcommunismiscoming has a spectacular aura aboutGlobalcommunismiscoming has a spectacular aura aboutGlobalcommunismiscoming has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LizaJane
Have been pondering or should I say fantasying, what's the first thng I will do when I get back to the UK???? CRY probably! then panic and maybe cry some more and then hopefully I will fall in love all over again (with UK)

Then I am going to find the nearest M&S and buy some decent knickers! Book myself in for a facial at the nearest Clarins and get settled into a hotel and get on the phone and start ringing everyone with a bloody large vodka and bitter lemon (loads of ice) in my hand!! Of course hubby and kids will be with me, kids will no doubt be charging up all their electrical gadgets and hubby will be trawling the papers etc for second hand cars, antiques, auction rooms, carboots and such like, absolute heaven I'm loving it!

(If there is any justice in the world Hubby would have found the nearest Thorntons shop and bought me a supply of Belgium continentals - bless)

What would you do.....?
Grass is always greener.
Old May 30th 2008, 5:41 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Globalcommunismiscoming
Grass is always greener.

Actually the grass IS often greener in England due to more rain and less hot frizzle!
Old May 30th 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice
Post Re: The 1st thing u will do when you get back??

Originally Posted by oldbag
Actually the grass IS often greener in England due to more rain and less hot frizzle!

Does sometimes tend to be underwater sometimes due to the amount of rain but you presume its there, often more mud like, think Glastonbury
Old May 30th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Oh do so many things not sure where to start
Give my F+F big hugs and kisses
go and give daughters horse big sloppy kisses and tell him how much we missed him, yes I know he wont understand but who cares
Go to Slatterys in Whitefield and have a Mocha coffe (has real choc in)
go to local chippy for real chips with salt and vinegar and some yummy warburtons bread and make chip butties
then home to my little house and kiss the ground as I walk through the door
I'm HOME.
Old May 31st 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

hotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the rough

Hmm, stuff the friends and family, first things first ................. ASDA!!!!!

Ah buy a bottle (or 5) of cava (and some cheap clothes!!) and just wander around marvelling at the choice and beauty that is the finest shopping establishment in the world.

Then off the the friends and family with the cava for a good ole' west country knees up!!
Old May 31st 2008, 4:25 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

See my 12 yr old daughter for the 1st time in 4 mths really missed her and hopefully sleep all through the night without waking up every couple of hrs. I will also meet my grandson for the first time
Old May 31st 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

troj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant future

What would you do.....?

Its not just me then!! I seem to spent so much time thinking/fantasying about all the things I want to do (and should have done before leaving) when we get home!

Just too many to list!

I know the move home is constantly on my mind, often sub-consciously... the other night during a break in conversation with the better half - I suddenly blurted out "Airport!". It had nothing to do with the previous conversation, or anything else we'd spoke about that day!

Maybe, I'm just a weirdo..?

P
Old May 31st 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

Grass is always greener.
The grass is always greener in Britain,well observed my friend.

On both counts!
Old May 31st 2008, 1:32 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

we're not going "back" to the UK - but we are going back for vaca in 6 weeks time and there are things that I do miss and must be done immediately!!

1) drop into Sainsburys on the drive from the airport and pick up foody goodies!
2) Its the law that we have to have a splurging curry take away on our first night whenever we visit the UK .... no curry shops here so I miss them!
3) got to go see a movie - no cinemas here either
4) buy and read newspapers and magazines every day - dont have those here either.
5) have a lovely lazy pub lunch with friends out in the beer garden watching the kids run about.

we may choose never to live in the UK again but theres definately things I like to do there
Old May 31st 2008, 3:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
we're not going "back" to the UK - but we are going back for vaca in 6 weeks time and there are things that I do miss and must be done immediately!!

1) drop into Sainsburys on the drive from the airport and pick up foody goodies!
2) Its the law that we have to have a splurging curry take away on our first night whenever we visit the UK .... no curry shops here so I miss them!
3) got to go see a movie - no cinemas here either
4) buy and read newspapers and magazines every day - dont have those here either.
5) have a lovely lazy pub lunch with friends out in the beer garden watching the kids run about.

we may choose never to live in the UK again but theres definately things I like to do there
I would echo that sentiment. i don't miss them but I enjoy doing them if I am ever back in the UK.
Old May 31st 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

What would you do.....?

Whenever that wonderful day comes, I will put my coat on, and then step outside the airport and say bloody hell its freezing here! Then complain it is raining.
Old May 31st 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Grass is always greener.
So true... wish I hadn't made the move, but I did and I'm stuck with it until we have the money to get back home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.