Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

15 away returning with child

15 away returning with child

Old Jan 19th 2016, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

tonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 15 away returning with child

The requirements for marriage say a copy of passport with arrival card, so no need to give the overstayed visa page. I doubt they check the arrival card and run it through an immigration computer.
On that point at the end of the month a friend of a friend has a friend at one of the borders here who is going to run my details through the computer to see if anything comes up. Who knows, maybe there's nothing there. I hope.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:02 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Your dad has been posting on the Thailand forum; is that correct? He has stated that you were in prison for a domestic disturbance as well as the weed. For you to bring your entire family to the UK, your relationship needs to be solid. Is that really the case?

I think you need to read up on the SS route. Look at the forum 'read me's.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
Your dad has been posting on the Thailand forum; is that correct? He has stated that you were in prison for a domestic disturbance as well as the weed. For you to bring your entire family to the UK, your relationship needs to be solid. Is that really the case?

I think you need to read up on the SS route. Look at the forum 'read me's.
It's his mother that has been posting, but that's by the by, what he is suggesting COULD be possibly classed as abduction if he doesn't have the mothers permission, and as he is no longer with her that may be difficult, giving advice to him if that is the situation runs the risk of encouraging an illegal act, and perhaps the mods should consider closing this thread as that is somewhere we mustn't go. He has been given a lot of good advice to act on to cover his problem.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

tonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud oftonyjames44 has much to be proud of

No domestic disturbance, only weed. Can you give me a link to 'his' posts?
I doubt very much its my family. I am with the boys mother at the moment, no problems.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyjames44
No domestic disturbance, only weed. Can you give me a link to 'his' posts?
I doubt very much its my family. I am with the boys mother at the moment, no problems.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/thail...-866181/page2/

It's not a 'he' and by all appearances it's your Mother

Post 28 is the one you need to read
Old Jan 19th 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Step mother.
Very different.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 11:15 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It's his mother that has been posting, but that's by the by, what he is suggesting COULD be possibly classed as abduction if he doesn't have the mothers permission, and as he is no longer with her that may be difficult, giving advice to him if that is the situation runs the risk of encouraging an illegal act, and perhaps the mods should consider closing this thread as that is somewhere we mustn't go. He has been given a lot of good advice to act on to cover his problem.
I don't agree with you on this Mike. There is nothing on this thread that goes anywhere near 'encouraging an illegal act'. You are also making some big assumptions about the OP's relationship with his partner. People do reconcile after domestic disputes -- believe me, I used to be a divorce lawyer. Suggesting the thread should be closed is completely OTT.

And as an afterthought:- In the last week or two, someone has posted about using a false address in the UK for a driving licence. That is an illegal act. The topic comes up fairly regularly and but I don't recall anyone calling for a thread on the topic to be closed. Calm down.

Last edited by Editha; Jan 19th 2016 at 11:19 am.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 12:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I don't agree with you on this Mike. There is nothing on this thread that goes anywhere near 'encouraging an illegal act'. You are also making some big assumptions about the OP's relationship with his partner. People do reconcile after domestic disputes -- believe me, I used to be a divorce lawyer. Suggesting the thread should be closed is completely OTT.

And as an afterthought:- In the last week or two, someone has posted about using a false address in the UK for a driving licence. That is an illegal act. ....
There are several degrees of magnitude difference between giving the DVLA an address you don't live at and international child abduction. ..... That said, I agree that this thread is a long way short of advocating or facilitating child abduction.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, easily. He lives in a big farmhouse. Im very interested in this SS route. But my dad lives right in the countryside. Can i start my own business from his home? How difficult will that be for me as opposed to going out to work? If i work it only has to be 20 hours a week right?
I have already booked my appointment to submit the documents to apply for the passports.
That sounds like a good solution.
I think there is no strict 20 hour requirement, BUT you do need to work a job and it DOES need to be a legitimate 100% above board job - no payments under the table. The pay can be low, but it must be legitimate. Register with the French authorities, pay French tax, that kind of thing. You do need to hold down a job for a period of time (typically 3 months) in France (or other EU country) before you can all move to UK.

You do need to be actually married to bring your wife. You could conceivably bring your children (half-siblings?) to France as dependents on Thai passports (if they are so entitled) even if they are also pursuing an application for British passports.
If the whole family travels together there can be no suggestion of child abduction.
I don't know about French visa requirements for Thai citizens part of an EU citizen family, but I've heard others say they are very easy going. But that may change soon with the newsworthy refugee crisis situation.

Perhaps you can get a job in a large French city and be with your father, wife and children on the weekends if that works.
You really really do need to become an expert on Surinder Singh if you are going to attempt this. And you need to get your skates on:-)

By the way do you have conversational French?
Old Jan 19th 2016, 3:41 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Originally Posted by holly_1948
That sounds like a good solution.
I think there is no strict 20 hour requirement, BUT you do need to work a job and it DOES need to be a legitimate 100% above board job - no payments under the table. The pay can be low, but it must be legitimate. Register with the French authorities, pay French tax, that kind of thing. You do need to hold down a job for a period of time (typically 3 months) in France (or other EU country) before you can all move to UK.

You do need to be actually married to bring your wife. You could conceivably bring your children (half-siblings?) to France as dependents on Thai passports (if they are so entitled) even if they are also pursuing an application for British passports.
If the whole family travels together there can be no suggestion of child abduction.
I don't know about French visa requirements for Thai citizens part of an EU citizen family, but I've heard others say they are very easy going. But that may change soon with the newsworthy refugee crisis situation.

Perhaps you can get a job in a large French city and be with your father, wife and children on the weekends if that works.
You really really do need to become an expert on Surinder Singh if you are going to attempt this. And you need to get your skates on:-)

By the way do you have conversational French?
There might be a teensy weensy problemo with the step-mum. See the Thailand forum for their very public row.

Last edited by Editha; Jan 19th 2016 at 3:52 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

There might be a teensy weensy problemo with the step-mum. See the Thailand forum for their very public row.
Oh :-(
That changes everything.

Possession is nine points of the law. Especially when it comes to children.
Nine+ points of the law in expat situations.

No way in hell this father will get a reasonable deal. He will be lucky to escape Thailand without going back to gaol on some trumped up charge.
Perhaps he should travel overland to Cambodia and fly back to London from there to avoid being deported from Thailand. He can still pursue his application for a British passport for his child (under age 16) even when repatriated.

Last edited by holly_1948; Jan 19th 2016 at 6:07 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

There's no row. Why is it very public and not just public?
Old Jan 20th 2016, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by holly_1948
Perhaps he should travel overland to Cambodia and fly back to London from there to avoid being deported from Thailand. He can still pursue his application for a British passport for his child (under age 16) even when repatriated.
Going overland still means going through immigration at the border, ethe same computer system as at the airport.
I can leave ok, its the family and future Im concerned about and what to to if Im stuck in the UK on my own.
What can i do if i arrive back in England with nowhere to stay? It wont be easy to get a job.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 7:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Going overland still means going through immigration at the border, ethe same computer system as at the airport.
I can leave ok, its the family and future Im concerned about and what to to if Im stuck in the UK on my own.
What can i do if i arrive back in England with nowhere to stay? It wont be easy to get a job.
Unfortuately you are then in the position that many of us would be in if we returned. Read some of the other threads on here to see how people cope with finding accommodation and jobs when they return.
Do you have other relatives in the UK, or friends with whom you could stay.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 10:36 am
Was in Canada, now home.

You and your step-mother have the option of private messaging or just emailing each other. If you prefer to air family grievances on the open forum, expect other people to comment on them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.