Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Britmal
And what motivates you to make 200% - 300% profit on a recruitment deal, screwing your candidate in the process?

Surely it could not be greed, could it?!
I said I don't work those sorts of candidates because it is not worth the hassle. I've never worked with freelance positions.

Taking advice, I'll leave it there, your hatred will not subside, I just hope you are gainfully employed for the rest of your career. All the best.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:16 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sross2203
No point going into semantics
But that IS the point. Semantics (in this context) is the meaning of words. If you're trying to provide a service to an industry which ascribes to "professional" a certain meaning--and you pride yourself on understanding that industry--your first step should be to understand, and use correctly, the lexicon of that industry. Simple.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:19 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

britmal, cant help but ask. if you have allowed yourself to be screwed as badly as that who's fault is it really ?

am starting to suspect your attitude is probably the reason you got ****ed in the first place. ive never even heard of someone getting screwed that badly before so it does beg the question why.

of course were you anywhere useful at what you did im sure you could get a job without going near a recruiter so why use them in the 1st place?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:20 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
But that IS the point. Semantics (in this context) is the meaning of words. If you're trying to provide a service to an industry which ascribes to "professional" a certain meaning--and you pride yourself on understanding that industry--your first step should be to understand, and use correctly, the lexicon of that industry. Simple.
bit like common sense though eh......not as common as it should be
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiva
britmal, cant help but ask. if you have allowed yourself to be screwed as badly as that who's fault is it really ?

am starting to suspect your attitude is probably the reason you got ****ed in the first place. ive never even heard of someone getting screwed that badly before so it does beg the question why.

of course were you anywhere useful at what you did im sure you could get a job without going near a recruiter so why use them in the 1st place?
It's part of the learning process my dear!

Many people on this forum will have had a bad experience with a recruiter or agency at some stage in their career, though some (possibily all) will not admit it.

Obviously, you have not been around long enough to understand that.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's part of the learning process my dear!

Many people on this forum will have had a bad experience with a recruiter or agency at some stage in their career, though some (possibily all) will not admit it.

Obviously, you have not been around long enough to understand that.
so you are now "assuming" that many people will have had a bad experience ? ?

I suggest you dont speak for everyone, they can come on and say whatever they wish rather than you assuming !!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Saj786
so you are now "assuming" that many people will have had a bad experience ? ?

I suggest you dont speak for everyone, they can come on and say whatever they wish rather than you assuming !!
I am assuming nothing.

The responses from other forum users speak for themselves, and based on those responses the conclusion must be be that recruiters are neither trusted or well liked.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
OK;

pro·fes·sion   
[pruh-fesh-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.a vocation requiring knowledge of some department of learning or science: the profession of teaching. Compare learned profession.
2.any vocation or business.
3.the body of persons engaged in an occupation or calling: to be respected by the Medical profession.

The second point is not one I'd necessarily agree with, but that's bye the bye.

I provide a service, that service is 'professional' in the sense that I'm not a cowboy, I don't lie or use questionable tactics and I have a thorough understanding of the industry I work in. I take pride in understanding what takes place and understanding as best as I can what things mean. I can't advise on an individual if I don't have a basic understanding of what they do on a daily basis. I'm not an expert and couldn't provide you with a structural analysis of a bridge or skyscraper, but I CAN show an understanding and knowledge of what is required and what the candidate should be able to demonstrate.

I find it hard to explain. I know I'm not a professional but I believe that the service I provide IS professional because I have to demonstrate the understanding or I just plainly would not get anywhere.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

OK;

pro·fes·sion   
[pruh-fesh-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.a vocation requiring knowledge of some department of learning or science: the profession of teaching. Compare learned profession.
2.any vocation or business.
3.the body of persons engaged in an occupation or calling: to be respected by the Medical profession.

The second point is not one I'd necessarily agree with, but that's bye the bye.

I provide a service, that service is 'professional' in the sense that I'm not a cowboy, I don't lie or use questionable tactics and I have a thorough understanding of the industry I work in. I take pride in understanding what takes place and understanding as best as I can what things mean. I can't advise on an individual if I don't have a basic understanding of what they do on a daily basis. I'm not an expert and couldn't provide you with a structural analysis of a bridge or skyscraper, but I CAN show an understanding and knowledge of what is required and what the candidate should be able to demonstrate.

I find it hard to explain. I know I'm not a professional but I believe that the service I provide IS professional because I have to demonstrate the understanding or I just plainly would not get anywhere.
So you admit that you are not a professional but you believe that the service you provide is professional?

I think you had better stop my friend, you are just digging a hole for yourself.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

So you admit that you are not a professional but you believe that the service you provide is professional?

I think you had better stop my friend, you are just digging a hole for yourself.
You have completely missed the point of what I said, whether through me not being clear enough or you choosing to misunderstand. Either way, your involvement in all of this is purely negative and to rant about past issues. It really holds very little value to what Bahtatboy and others are saying.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:01 pm
**** it we'll do it live

i get the feeling britmal got screwed, ended up in a shit job and isnt good enough to get out thus its all the evil recruiters fault.

i recommend a good dose of harden the **** up and to try growing a pair.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

You have completely missed the point of what I said, whether through me not being clear enough or you choosing to misunderstand. Either way, your involvement in all of this is purely negative and to rant about past issues. It really holds very little value to what Bahtatboy and others are saying.
Instead of repeatedly attempting to justify your position, I suggest that you go and recruit someone (excluding myself) and stop talking boll**ks.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point

i get the feeling britmal got screwed, ended up in a shit job and isnt good enough to get out thus its all the evil recruiters fault.

thats exactly what I think - Britmal: quit while you are ahead..
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Saj786
thats exactly what I think - Britmal: quit while you are ahead..
Things could get interesting if Jobseekers insisted on a Written Contract from the Agent? - Just a thought, but would dread going there!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

You are probably right. He's more then entitled to say what he thinks of the job I do and how others have done it. I've got no problem with that.

While I get frustrated that I don't think I'm scum as Britmal has suggested we all are, I wholly understand problems in the industry. I just don't see the justification in a broad label for all. It's a losing battle and war for me but I like what I do and strangely am proud of what I do.

However, in the terms of the late and very great Richard Pryor;

"You handle yours, I'll handle mine...Jack"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.