Reload this Page >

Working in Al Khobar and living in Bahrain

Working in Al Khobar and living in Bahrain

Old Mar 30th 2021, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Hunna2021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Working in Al Khobar and living in Bahrain

Hi Bahrain Expats,
I am considering working in Al Khobar. I wonder about the pros and cons of commuting daily form Bahrain to workplace?
Any comment/ feedback will be highly appreciated.

Best,
HI
Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:45 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Al Khobar and living in Bahrain

Pros are you're living in Bahrain.
Cons are the causeway. Can take a long time to get across and unpredictable times. Also, you can't rely on it being open at the moment due to C19.

​personally I'd just live in Khobar and visit Bahrain the odd weekend. It gets boring after a while there.

Or if you really need your fix, stay Khobar in the week, and Bahrain at the weekend.

But a daily commute is a no for me.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Hi nonthaburi- thank you for the input indeed!
Old Apr 4th 2021, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

My husband did this for a few years and whilst the causeway has its difficulties (sometimes 5 hours) he preferred living in Bahrain as he felt far more relaxed. He had lived in Khobar for quite some time prior. I asked him if crossing the causeway was worth the hassle and he said absolutely as he was far more comfortable in Bahrain. Eventually he obtained a VIP pass which made life much easier as it would only take 15 mins to get across. Unsure as to how Covid is affecting these crossings now.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you WW for your feedback.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hunna2021
Hi nonthaburi- thank you for the input indeed!
Sadly, It's good advice he could leave work the same time as you on a Thursday night drive 2 hrs down to Riyadh board a plane and still beat you to the bar.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Might worth considering HiHo, not sure thought with Ramadan approaching it might be possible to do so, but will keep the option!