Reload this Page >

Work visa freakout

Work visa freakout

Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work visa freakout

Hello guys,

my husband and I are supposed to move to Dubai beginning of September and he should start to work right away. We still don't have a visa. Should I be worried? When should we apply for the visa? Can my husband work right away when he arrives there?

Now, my freakout is about me. As I realized now, I think I am not getting a work visa as his wife but only a residence visa???!!! is that correct? How can I get a work visa? What will I have to prove/provide/ bring to do so?

Thanks a mil.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work visa freakout

your husbands company will apply for his visa, once that is in place he will then sponsor you and you will be added onto his visa, if you find work he will have to give a no objection letter to you working, and your company will apply for a labour card.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

BC is correct under the current regime, but from July 29th this may be a little different, as a wife on her husbands sponsorship is no longer allowed to work on that visa - while the new law has not been clarified my understanding is that people curently working on this arrangement will have to have a new visa from their employer.

More money in visa fees for the government...
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:25 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

As i understand it if you have not got your visa from your husband in place by 29th July he will have to apply for this while you are still in the Uk before you can come out here.
He will need his work visa before he can come out here and before he can sponsor you.
You can apply for your own working visa from the Uk if you find a coumpany to take you on but again will have to wait until that is processed before you can come out here.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

how about the possibility, that my husband's company would pretend I work for them, applies for a work visa for me and then I look for another job with the work visa?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexalexa
how about the possibility, that my husband's company would pretend I work for them, applies for a work visa for me and then I look for another job with the work visa?
don't even think about it, illegal
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

so does that mean it would be really difficult to work for me in Dubai :curse: ?

does anybody know a good lawyer there, who could help? My husbands company said they would sponsor my work visa and with that i could transfer to any other company....
is there any page in the internet, where the law is explained? Thanks so much!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

why do you think they would do that for you, as bc says dont even thing about it.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
why do you think they would do that for you
it is even in my husbands contract. it says we will sponsor a WORK visa for your wife. We would have not signed if we knew I might not be able to work. but if they can't sponsor me legally, it's not going to be a possibility I guess.

How difficult will it be to get a work visa for me there? I have a degree in Marketing..
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

ok but as i understand it they can only obtain a visa for you if you work for them, the way around it its that your husband sponsors you and then you get a no objection letter from him allowing you to work and then 'your' employer will organise your labour card etc, that is how its works here, so dont really think there will be a problem but unusual for them to say they will sponsor you to work for somebody else, doesnt sound right to me.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 10:06 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by alexalexa
so does that mean it would be really difficult to work for me in Dubai :curse: ?

does anybody know a good lawyer there, who could help? My husbands company said they would sponsor my work visa and with that i could transfer to any other company....
is there any page in the internet, where the law is explained? Thanks so much!

why are you getting so upset! this is ridiculous. I have told you how it works, husband gets his visa, he then sponsors you cos he can you are his wife!!! you then get a job, it is quite clear